GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

No longer any reason to go to HB

+3
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
M_Christopher
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1No longer any reason to go to HB Empty No longer any reason to go to HB Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:24 pm

Mark has officially left HBuzz, with a great little mention of GMH as well. Thanks for the blogs Mark and hope you'll still be around here alot.

Cheers!!

2No longer any reason to go to HB Empty Re: No longer any reason to go to HB Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:30 pm

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

Oh I'll be here a plenty, this place is like crack...the good kind.

And this has really become a part of my routine habit, and more importantly doesn't conflict with my upcoming placement, like HB does. Which is very important No longer any reason to go to HB 457303

(plus I can say what I want about anything (pretty much) without getting a phonecall because 'someone/KL' got upset about things I said.)

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

3No longer any reason to go to HB Empty Re: No longer any reason to go to HB Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:35 pm

M_Christopher wrote:Oh I'll be here a plenty, this place is like crack...the good kind.

And this has really become a part of my routine habit, and more importantly doesn't conflict with my upcoming placement, like HB does. Which is very important No longer any reason to go to HB 457303

(plus I can say what I want about anything (pretty much) without getting a phonecall because 'someone/KL' got upset about things I said.)

You've gotta be kidding me. No longer any reason to go to HB 489887

4No longer any reason to go to HB Empty Re: No longer any reason to go to HB Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:42 pm

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

RobbyJ wrote:
M_Christopher wrote:Oh I'll be here a plenty, this place is like crack...the good kind.

You've gotta be kidding me. No longer any reason to go to HB 489887

Hahaha, I wish I was........

5No longer any reason to go to HB Empty Re: No longer any reason to go to HB Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:55 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Are you serious?

6No longer any reason to go to HB Empty Re: No longer any reason to go to HB Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:56 pm

please add more detail Smile

7No longer any reason to go to HB Empty Re: No longer any reason to go to HB Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:09 pm

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

I got two phone calls,

The first because I called out KL's B.S. and elaborated on my opinion of him, in a couple blogs.

I was called because he called Ek and Wing Dang Doodle about me, to the point that he said he knew me, and 'knew' my real name, and that I was using a fake on HB.

That was a wierd conversation, and for the record I am using my real name No longer any reason to go to HB 270956

The second call, came because KL thought I was ripping off information from his blogs and not creditting him.....which is odd considering he does it to everyone and the rumours in question were said on sportsnet, the ottawa sun, senschirp..etc and not his site orginally...what a guy.

8No longer any reason to go to HB Empty Re: No longer any reason to go to HB Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:26 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

At least you didn't call him Kevin Lie.

I gave you a +1 but you deserve a +infinity for the move. Well done.

9No longer any reason to go to HB Empty Re: No longer any reason to go to HB Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:38 pm

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

Ever been to KL's site? I went there a while ago and it was a ghost town. The last post about the Senators was Kevin's about the Heatley trade..Really. One guy (dawg) went onto the chat room and posted a message about how the site was brutal and anyone wanting real Hockey content would come to gmhockey.com. That was back in learly October and since then there have been maybe 20 posts in their chat.

I know someone who called K.L. out and K.L. tried to go up one side and down the other on my friend. My buddy just laghed it off and after threats were thrown about on both sides my buddy offered to meet K.L. and have a mature face to face to talk about a particular rumor that he started, and K.L. propagated. Sort of what P.J. stock did to EK.

Anyway, I'm glad you're off that site M.C. I have little respect for EK and as a result I let that affect my opinion of his site. There are some good writers there and a decent amount of insight and opinion, but the trolls are horrendous and the information is horrible at best.

10No longer any reason to go to HB Empty Re: No longer any reason to go to HB Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:41 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Devo wrote:Ever been to KL's site? I went there a while ago and it was a ghost town. The last post about the Senators was Kevin's about the Heatley trade..Really. One guy (dawg) went onto the chat room and posted a message about how the site was brutal and anyone wanting real Hockey content would come to gmhockey.com. That was back in learly October and since then there have been maybe 20 posts in their chat.

I know someone who called K.L. out and K.L. tried to go up one side and down the other on my friend. My buddy just laghed it off and after threats were thrown about on both sides my buddy offered to meet K.L. and have a mature face to face to talk about a particular rumor that he started, and K.L. propagated. Sort of what P.J. stock did to EK.

Anyway, I'm glad you're off that site M.C. I have little respect for EK and as a result I let that affect my opinion of his site. There are some good writers there and a decent amount of insight and opinion, but the trolls are horrendous and the information is horrible at best.

Did he get any poorly-spelled "cease and desist" orders?

Also, is this "dawg" character Dawg's Wife's husband? No longer any reason to go to HB 649241

11No longer any reason to go to HB Empty Re: No longer any reason to go to HB Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:56 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Devo wrote:Ever been to KL's site? I went there a while ago and it was a ghost town. The last post about the Senators was Kevin's about the Heatley trade..Really. One guy (dawg) went onto the chat room and posted a message about how the site was brutal and anyone wanting real Hockey content would come to gmhockey.com. That was back in learly October and since then there have been maybe 20 posts in their chat.

Also, is this "dawg" character Dawg's Wife's husband? No longer any reason to go to HB 649241

Indeed.

12No longer any reason to go to HB Empty Re: No longer any reason to go to HB Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:02 pm

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

[quote="SeawaySensFan"]

In fact as I understand a slander or defamation (spelling??) of character suit was threatened, to which my buddy informed K.L. that such a lawsuit would force K.L. to release his sources and prove that his information arrived in his hands first and was not made up.

That was the end of that conversation and no other communication followed.

Last edited by Devo on Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

13No longer any reason to go to HB Empty Re: No longer any reason to go to HB Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:07 pm

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

SeawaySensFan wrote:

I don't know who dawg is nor who Dawg's Wife is. Someone (sorry if I don't remember who) thought that this dawg guy was me. I assure you he is not me, but whoever he was, he didn't seem too impressed with K.L's site...to be honest, I'm not all that impressed with the quality of material on it either.

wasn't K.L. once featured on Team1200 with sports news or something.

14No longer any reason to go to HB Empty Re: No longer any reason to go to HB Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:12 pm

I stopped going a long time ago. I wouldn't read a rumour from Eklund even if he wrote it on Jessica Biel's toush. Well that's an bit of a stretch, I would look but squint so I couldn't make out the words.

Good for you Mark! If you are serious about journalism, probably best not to associate yourself with Dwayne.

15No longer any reason to go to HB Empty Re: No longer any reason to go to HB Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:35 pm

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

MurderOnIce wrote:I stopped going a long time ago. I wouldn't read a rumour from Eklund even if he wrote it on Jessica Biel's toush. Well that's an bit of a stretch, I would look but squint so I couldn't make out the words.

Good for you Mark! If you are serious about journalism, probably best not to associate yourself with Dwayne.

Actually have no interest in Journalism, just did it as a hobby.

Actually I'm looking to move into Hockey Operations or large scale games (Olympics, Canada Games, Commenwealth etc..) and it was 'strongly' recommended to cut ties with HB and just use the past year as Web experience.

So I figured, this was as good of a time as any. No longer any reason to go to HB 85287

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum