GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The reason I think Heatley wants out

+9
shabbs
rooneypoo
Snuh
Flo The Action
notch
notch4077
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
PTFlea
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The reason I think Heatley wants out Empty The reason I think Heatley wants out Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:39 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

When Heatley finally steps up to the mike, how is going to explain to people that he wants out of Ottawa to be the 'go to leader' of a team.

Because, make no mistake, that's what he wants. I would wager big money that he wants to be a real assistant captain or even straight to the C on another team. He wants to play 25 minutes, 1st line, 1st PP unit, PK - everything. When you think of his next team, he wants you to think of him.

As Iginla is synonymous with Calgary, and Alfredsson to Ottawa - Heatley wants to be synonymous with...someone else.

Why though? We'll have to wait and see what he says, but from my POV it's not just a pride thing, it's a career thing. Heatley wants to be THE MAN on his team. Which, of course, leads us to the next question: how does Dany Boyle feel about this? Joe Thornton? The current, albeit doomed, captain Patrick Marleau? Future captain materials like Ryan Clowe?

How do they all feel about this juggernaut coming to town. A guy who has one thing on his mind: lead his next team and be 'the man'? If I was there long term (again, Dany Boyle) and I heard of Heatley's desires to come to my team, I would be intrigued, but I'd also get a whiff of danger. What happens to me if I'm named captain and we acquire Heatley say...next summer? Am I safe, or do I get stripped of my captaincy by this guy?

Joe Thornton is thinking: this guy will come in and immediately get in front of me for the next job of captain. Why is that? Because of our playoff failures? What's he won?

This is the reason Heatley wants out - I'd lay good money on it. So what will become of the next team he goes to? Will we all of a sudden read an article that says: 'Dany Boyle asks for a trade', then endure months of silence?

Maybe, but at least it won't be here.

2The reason I think Heatley wants out Empty Re: The reason I think Heatley wants out Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:50 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

The media here has a big part in it.

I know someone who got to meet Dany and talk to him one on one for about half an hour last season.

In that time, he made no attempt to hide his extreme dislike of the media here. The way I heard it "He really really hates the media here".

I think the the ice team/Cory Clouston thing was the last straw.

It's a tough town to play in, some players love it, some don't. I wonder if he called Joe Corvo for advice.

3The reason I think Heatley wants out Empty Re: The reason I think Heatley wants out Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:52 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:The media here has a big part in it.

I know someone who got to meet Dany and talk to him one on one for about half an hour last season.

In that time, he made no attempt to hide his extreme dislike of the media here. The way I heard it "He really really hates the media here".

I think the the ice team/Cory Clouston thing was the last straw.

It's a tough town to play in, some players love it, some don't. I wonder if he called Joe Corvo for advice.

Probably not. We only heard about Corvo wanting out after he was gone.

4The reason I think Heatley wants out Empty Re: The reason I think Heatley wants out Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:55 am

notch4077

Prospect
Prospect

There has been many articles about this fact for some time now.

5The reason I think Heatley wants out Empty Re: The reason I think Heatley wants out Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:59 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

notch4077 wrote:There has been many articles about this fact for some time now.

There's been articles on everything from this very thing - where Heatley said that the old guard of Phillips and Alfredsson were too powerful for anyone else to get in (he spoke of Spezza as well). There's also been articles on cheating, fallouts, media, misuse, coaches, fans, media. Everthing.

Over the course of this, I kept flip-flopping. Now I think this is the real reason. 100%.

6The reason I think Heatley wants out Empty Re: The reason I think Heatley wants out Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:01 pm

notch4077 wrote:There has been many articles about this fact for some time now.

Have there been a lot of articles on Heatley over the last 2 months? Where have I been?

7The reason I think Heatley wants out Empty Re: The reason I think Heatley wants out Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:01 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Someone in the dressing room made fun of his small peepee and he was never the same.

Pretty simple.

8The reason I think Heatley wants out Empty Re: The reason I think Heatley wants out Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:03 pm

notch

Prospect
Prospect

LOL. Side note. Boyd Devereaux once told everybody that Gretzky has the smallest peepee he has ever seen. LOL

9The reason I think Heatley wants out Empty Re: The reason I think Heatley wants out Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:11 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i think it's a mixture, the media, the cut time: i think heatley wants to be a 100 points guy. i think his stats matter alot to him, and on a team like SJS i think he think he'll be able to do that. i have doubts about if he could with the NYR, but having his time cut was not good in his eyes. i think he wants to be an hall-of-famer. ithink he wants to win the cup big time which i can't blame him for and i think he saw ottawa as a pot that had boiled over and was looking pretty empty. i think we have a shot at the cup as long as BM is involved with the team but that might not be till after alfredsson is still with us. probably in spezza's time/contract with us. but then again, seing what might come back from heatley trade and the posibility of having respectable goaltending we might have once again a shot..?

10The reason I think Heatley wants out Empty Re: The reason I think Heatley wants out Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:14 pm

Snuh

Snuh
Rookie
Rookie

SpezDispenser wrote:When Heatley finally steps up to the mike, how is going to explain to people that he wants out of Ottawa to be the 'go to leader' of a team.

Because, make no mistake, that's what he wants. I would wager big money that he wants to be a real assistant captain or even straight to the C on another team. He wants to play 25 minutes, 1st line, 1st PP unit, PK - everything. When you think of his next team, he wants you to think of him.

As Iginla is synonymous with Calgary, and Alfredsson to Ottawa - Heatley wants to be synonymous with...someone else.

Why though? We'll have to wait and see what he says, but from my POV it's not just a pride thing, it's a career thing. Heatley wants to be THE MAN on his team. Which, of course, leads us to the next question: how does Dany Boyle feel about this? Joe Thornton? The current, albeit doomed, captain Patrick Marleau? Future captain materials like Ryan Clowe?

How do they all feel about this juggernaut coming to town. A guy who has one thing on his mind: lead his next team and be 'the man'? If I was there long term (again, Dany Boyle) and I heard of Heatley's desires to come to my team, I would be intrigued, but I'd also get a whiff of danger. What happens to me if I'm named captain and we acquire Heatley say...next summer? Am I safe, or do I get stripped of my captaincy by this guy?

Joe Thornton is thinking: this guy will come in and immediately get in front of me for the next job of captain. Why is that? Because of our playoff failures? What's he won?

This is the reason Heatley wants out - I'd lay good money on it. So what will become of the next team he goes to? Will we all of a sudden read an article that says: 'Dany Boyle asks for a trade', then endure months of silence?

Maybe, but at least it won't be here.

I wouldn't hold your breath on Heatley stepping up to a mic to explain what went down. I think there are still people in Edmonton who are waiting for for an explanation from Chris Pronger.

11The reason I think Heatley wants out Empty Re: The reason I think Heatley wants out Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:48 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think Heatley will have to. They'll never let him alone.

12The reason I think Heatley wants out Empty Re: The reason I think Heatley wants out Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:49 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:I think Heatley will have to. They'll never let him alone.

If he gets out of OTT before his 1st scheduled public appearance or the start of training camp, he might never have to explain himself to anyone. Especially if he ends up in a place that doesn't give a lot of newspaper space to hockey.

13The reason I think Heatley wants out Empty Re: The reason I think Heatley wants out Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:53 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:I think Heatley will have to. They'll never let him alone.

if he does land in SJS he'll be far enough away that the few times the ottawa media visits he'll just blow them off... i doubt we'll ever know.

14The reason I think Heatley wants out Empty Re: The reason I think Heatley wants out Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:53 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Fair enough. I'd hire a beat reporter to follow him everywhere though. Sells papers for sure.

15The reason I think Heatley wants out Empty Re: The reason I think Heatley wants out Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:05 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:Fair enough. I'd hire a beat reporter to follow him everywhere though. Sells papers for sure.
HA! Reminds me of that guy Shooter McGavin hired to harass Happy Gilmore...

We should raise some money to hire a harasser... heh heh.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum