GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Heatley Saga: What's in store in the next 30 days?

+36
dennycrane
SensGirl11
Tuk Tuk
M_Christopher
GMHockey Braintrust
TeamRenzo
asq2
rooneypoo
pgood
caissie_1
Acrobat
Riprock
BigRig
SensFan71
Hoags
Phoenix30
Anshu
Vandelay
LethalLehner
Hobiesens
Jordo
Snuh
Flo The Action
Hockeyhero22000
TheAvatar
beedub
jamvan
Sens4thecup
spader
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
wprager
The Silfer Server
Sens19
PTFlea
40 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

POLL: What will happen with Heatley?

The Heatley Saga: What's in store in the next 30 days? Vote_lcap213%The Heatley Saga: What's in store in the next 30 days? Vote_rcap2 13% [ 6 ]
The Heatley Saga: What's in store in the next 30 days? Vote_lcap20%The Heatley Saga: What's in store in the next 30 days? Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
The Heatley Saga: What's in store in the next 30 days? Vote_lcap235%The Heatley Saga: What's in store in the next 30 days? Vote_rcap2 35% [ 16 ]
The Heatley Saga: What's in store in the next 30 days? Vote_lcap246%The Heatley Saga: What's in store in the next 30 days? Vote_rcap2 46% [ 21 ]
The Heatley Saga: What's in store in the next 30 days? Vote_lcap26%The Heatley Saga: What's in store in the next 30 days? Vote_rcap2 6% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 46

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 67]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We all know the wild ride that started in June and has lasted all the way to now.

We're still at the same place and two things are constant: fans have not forgiven Heatley - and Heatley hasn't said a word.

What now? August 14th is apparently a deadline Murray has set.

With all that's gone on since the trade request, I don't think anyone knows how this is going to end, but I'm curious to see if anyone has changed their mind on the subject.

What will happen in the next 3 weeks before training camp and then the pre-season?

In 30 days will nothing be resolved, or will Heatley be long gone by then?

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

I believe in the power of Murray's secret surprise trades and say something completely unexpected happens. My second choice would be Heater in EDM, for some strange reason I don't have a good feeling about that SJ deal

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

I need this to be resolved by 6pm on the 20th, because I'm going somewhere where I will not have access to the internet. This is crucial. Come on Murray and Heatley, work with me here!

Bass Destruction wrote:I need this to be resolved by 6pm on the 20th, because I'm going somewhere where I will not have access to the internet. This is crucial. Come on Murray and Heatley, work with me here!

Ok, I'll bite. Where are you going?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

hemlock wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:I need this to be resolved by 6pm on the 20th, because I'm going somewhere where I will not have access to the internet. This is crucial. Come on Murray and Heatley, work with me here!

To the bathroom; poor sucker doesn't have wireless yet.

I will give you my personal guarantee that as long as you are back by the start the Sens training camp, you will be able to see Heatley don the colors of the Ottawa Senators. He is not going anywhere.

FYI, I am basing this solely on a gut feeling. That intuition could be the 24 Garlic Parmesan wings I had from Wild Wing last night though, but either way, you won't miss a thing on the Heatley front.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If Murray has indeed set a deadline, we need only endure this Dung for 4 more days.

To me, the certainty that Heatley is expected to report to Ottawa Senators training camp is just as good as a deal. The endless speculation is the real nuisance in all this.

I believe that the best deal for Ottawa would lie with a "mystery team". Hence my vote.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Meh... setting a deadline really doesn't make sense... if a deal can be made... it will be made and Heatley will be moved... no matter when.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Meh... setting a deadline really doesn't make sense... if a deal can be made... it will be made and Heatley will be moved... no matter when.

It sends a signal to Heatley that he should take any deal Ottawa can get between now and the 14th, if he's serious about wanting to leave.

Teams are now compelled to Dung or get off the pot too.

I think it makes plenty of sense.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:Meh... setting a deadline really doesn't make sense... if a deal can be made... it will be made and Heatley will be moved... no matter when.

It sends a signal to Heatley that he should take any deal Ottawa can get between now and the 14th, if he's serious about wanting to leave.

Teams are now compelled to Dung or get off the pot too.

I think it makes plenty of sense.
He may use it to put pressure on Heatley to make a decision... but if a deal comes around after this "deadline" passes... you don't think Murray will entertain it?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:He may use it to put pressure on Heatley to make a decision... but if a deal comes around after this "deadline" passes... you don't think Murray will entertain it?

I'm sure he will, but I'll bet you those would be more "insulting" offers from teams who don't believe in Murray's resolve.

Either way, this is all to kickstart a process that has really been moving sideways for a long time now. This will smoke out the serious bidders, at least.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I guess we'll see... hopefully we can get some resolution to this one way or another...

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Even if the deadline rumour is true, it doesn't matter. Deadline or not, Murray will wait for the best possible return and take it when it's available. Whether that's on August 14th, the season opener, or the trade deadline.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Has it been 30 days yet? Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock wrote:

I didn't mean it for people to get all curious.

I'm going to Portugal, in this little town in the south. We don't have internet there. I could go to the internet cafe, but it's about a 25 minute drive, and there are better things to do in the Algarve than to spend close to an hour in a car just to check if this clown is off my team yet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 67]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum