GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Sat. Jan. 23rd, 2010

+20
pegsensfan
Urkie
Hockeyhero22000
caissie_1
TheAvatar
jamvan
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
sens4win
asq2
rooneypoo
SDH89
SensGirl11
PTFlea
PKC
Riprock
SensHulk
Cap'n Clutch
Bramlet07
wprager
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Prediction for Ottawa @ Boston 2010-Jan-23

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Sat. Jan. 23rd, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_lcap28%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Sat. Jan. 23rd, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 8% [ 2 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Sat. Jan. 23rd, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_lcap229%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Sat. Jan. 23rd, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 29% [ 7 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Sat. Jan. 23rd, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_lcap217%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Sat. Jan. 23rd, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 17% [ 4 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Sat. Jan. 23rd, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_lcap28%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Sat. Jan. 23rd, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 8% [ 2 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Sat. Jan. 23rd, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Sat. Jan. 23rd, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Sat. Jan. 23rd, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_lcap24%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Sat. Jan. 23rd, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 4% [ 1 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Sat. Jan. 23rd, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_lcap217%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Sat. Jan. 23rd, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 17% [ 4 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Sat. Jan. 23rd, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_lcap24%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Sat. Jan. 23rd, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 4% [ 1 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Sat. Jan. 23rd, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_lcap213%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Sat. Jan. 23rd, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 24

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 21]

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

I don't know if it was discussed in another thread, but how about that post-game altercation with Torts and Larry Brooks? Tortorella is awesome! I'm glad he was standing up for one of his players (redden) no matter how much he really does suck....

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

With 30 games remaining, Chris Phillips (52GP, 6G, 10A, 16PTS) is two goals shy of his NHL career high (8) and 10 points from his NHL career high (26).

Way to go Big Rig.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Many people forget or maybe just don't realize that the Big Rig was originally drafted to be a number 1 Offensive D man. I know this is a bit of a stretch but perhaps he's being recognized by Clouston for his Offensive abilities and Philly is starting to flex those offensive muscles?

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Many people forget or maybe just don't realize that the Big Rig was originally drafted to be a number 1 Offensive D man. I know this is a bit of a stretch but perhaps he's being recognized by Clouston for his Offensive abilities and Philly is starting to flex those offensive muscles?

Well the system itself certainly encourages defensemen to jump into the offensive play and not be worried about their "mark" slipping in behind them for a breakaway. Hartsburg's system had the forwards be forwards and the defensemen be defensemen to the most literal sense of the words.

I'd like to see our guys drive the slot more often on odd man rushes and use their shot right away.

Also, I'm pretty sure it'll only be a matter of time before we see Karlsson be that guy coming up the middle of the slot tapping his stick for the puck.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If Philly turned his offensive game up a couple notches he'd be starting to get into Norris candidate territory. I know that's also a big stretch.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Seriously though, Philly is a top notch defender who can play in all situations. Throw in another 5 or 6 goals and another 15 assists and it would be hard to justify not putting him on a Norris trophy ballet at the end of the season.

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:
Well the system itself certainly encourages defensemen to jump into the offensive play and not be worried about their "mark" slipping in behind them for a breakaway. Hartsburg's system had the forwards be forwards and the defensemen be defensemen to the most literal sense of the words.

I'd like to see our guys drive the slot more often on odd man rushes and use their shot right away.

Also, I'm pretty sure it'll only be a matter of time before we see Karlsson be that guy coming up the middle of the slot tapping his stick for the puck.

Yeah for sure, Hatsburg's 'system' was to play hockey and hope for the best. Clouston has the D-men pinching and the forwards covering and the pressure on the opposition almost all the time. It's very refreshing to see after the memory of Hartsburg still lingers like a wet fart in a crowded room.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I like my $3M+ defenseman to be able to do both.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Chris Campoli, a younger player, known for his offensive skills, has 3 fewer goals (mind you in 7 fewer games and in less ice time). Filip Kuba has 3 goals in 12 less games (2 more points though). Karlsson has 1 g 8pts in 35 games.

I'd say Phillips is doing a pretty good job for us offensively which was certainly a welcoming surprise.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm very happy for Big Rig and I hope his offensive abilities continue to shine and improve.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I added a poll. Don't forget to vote people.

- Unknown Author

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I can't really vote, this is a tough one. No guessing for me, I'll just hope for the best.

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

When is the last time we've won 6 in a row??

Fingers crossed, will be a tough one!

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:I can't really vote, this is a tough one. No guessing for me, I'll just hope for the best.

You could take the cop out and just vote for Toronto still sucks. Smile

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Great work pragues. I made a couple minor edits to clean it up but all in all fantastic.

In case you're curious:

Edits included changing 23st to 23rd and changing Boston @ Ottawa to Ottawa @ Boston (Images were reversed)

I originally thought this was a home game. I changed the text but forgot the title/images. Thanks for fixing it up.

As for st/rd I think Shabbs should just put the number there (government style -- Sat. Jan. 23). It'll save a couple of keystrokes.

Government style would be 2010-01-23.

I didn't say Canadian government Sarcasm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Great work pragues. I made a couple minor edits to clean it up but all in all fantastic.

In case you're curious:

Edits included changing 23st to 23rd and changing Boston @ Ottawa to Ottawa @ Boston (Images were reversed)

I originally thought this was a home game. I changed the text but forgot the title/images. Thanks for fixing it up.

As for st/rd I think Shabbs should just put the number there (government style -- Sat. Jan. 23). It'll save a couple of keystrokes.

Government style would be 2010-01-23.

I didn't say Canadian government Sarcasm

Ya got me.

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Seriously though, Philly is a top notch defender who can play in all situations. Throw in another 5 or 6 goals and another 15 assists and it would be hard to justify not putting him on a Norris trophy ballet at the end of the season.

It's quite possible that his offensive production is being stymied by A-Train. I love what Volchenkov brings, but I cringe whenever he's out there with the top line. He's just not very good at passing or shooting with accuracy. Maybe he needs glasses.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I added a poll. Don't forget to vote people.

That was a no-brainer for me. Toronto still sucks. Laughing3

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 21]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum