GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Sat. Jan. 23rd, 2010

+20
pegsensfan
Urkie
Hockeyhero22000
caissie_1
TheAvatar
jamvan
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
sens4win
asq2
rooneypoo
SDH89
SensGirl11
PTFlea
PKC
Riprock
SensHulk
Cap'n Clutch
Bramlet07
wprager
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Prediction for Ottawa @ Boston 2010-Jan-23

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Sat. Jan. 23rd, 2010 - Page 21 Vote_lcap28%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Sat. Jan. 23rd, 2010 - Page 21 Vote_rcap2 8% [ 2 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Sat. Jan. 23rd, 2010 - Page 21 Vote_lcap229%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Sat. Jan. 23rd, 2010 - Page 21 Vote_rcap2 29% [ 7 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Sat. Jan. 23rd, 2010 - Page 21 Vote_lcap217%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Sat. Jan. 23rd, 2010 - Page 21 Vote_rcap2 17% [ 4 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Sat. Jan. 23rd, 2010 - Page 21 Vote_lcap28%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Sat. Jan. 23rd, 2010 - Page 21 Vote_rcap2 8% [ 2 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Sat. Jan. 23rd, 2010 - Page 21 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Sat. Jan. 23rd, 2010 - Page 21 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Sat. Jan. 23rd, 2010 - Page 21 Vote_lcap24%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Sat. Jan. 23rd, 2010 - Page 21 Vote_rcap2 4% [ 1 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Sat. Jan. 23rd, 2010 - Page 21 Vote_lcap217%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Sat. Jan. 23rd, 2010 - Page 21 Vote_rcap2 17% [ 4 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Sat. Jan. 23rd, 2010 - Page 21 Vote_lcap24%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Sat. Jan. 23rd, 2010 - Page 21 Vote_rcap2 4% [ 1 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Sat. Jan. 23rd, 2010 - Page 21 Vote_lcap213%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Sat. Jan. 23rd, 2010 - Page 21 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 24

Go down  Message [Page 21 of 21]

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Gohan wrote:
Michallica wrote:
Gohan wrote:GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Sat. Jan. 23rd, 2010 - Page 21 270956 nice

and of course, the leafs still suck Donkey. I'm just surprised that they keep getting the benefit of being the 'first highlight' amongst the nightly sports shows.

p.s. Vegeta > Gohan. Just sayin' GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Sat. Jan. 23rd, 2010 - Page 21 270956

only in GT GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Sat. Jan. 23rd, 2010 - Page 21 Icon_wink

You're not really surprised that they're first up on the Toronto sports networks, are you? That's like being surprised the Habs games get shown on RDS.

And the Leafs losing is a bad thing. They need to do better than .800 to finish the season if they want to make the playoffs, so really, we want them to win every game possible. Mocking Leaf fans for the stupidity of the Kessel trade would be sweet if they finished dead last, but it wouldn't be sweet enough to overcome the fact that the Bruins just picked up Hall, Seguin, or Fowler, along with another (Imo) top-20 pick. Add in the top-15 pick they'll get from the Leafs for next season and their own pick and the Bruins are going to be stocked like a fallout shelter.

Well not surprised because it always happens, but really its supposed to be national coverage. I understand its the 'toronto sports networks' but really, they should be making more of an effort to not look like that at least. I don't want them to make the playoffs, but yeah I defi don't want them competing for a lottery pick either. Perhaps Bruins trade this year's pick away for Kovalchuk...and then Kovalchuk bolts for Russia Sarcasm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Urkie wrote:
Gohan wrote:Unless his play becomes infinitely better than it was today and than it has been this season, then there's no question that a trade will be necessary. I only hope management realizes that he may well have peaked. The new NHL requires quick steps and fast movement, and Spezza just doesn't play that game...He was built for the old NHL.

Someone on this site once said that Melnyk is bosom buddies with Spezza's dad. Does anyone know if that's the case? If so, Melnyk just may screw this team into 5 more years of a 7M $ 2nd line centre GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Sat. Jan. 23rd, 2010 - Page 21 105237

It's his first game back after being out 20 games man.

I thought he played quite well and he got the GWG. What more does he have to do?

Totally agree here. Complain about Spezza all you want but don't use this game as an example. He was smart defensively all game, got the puck out on several occasions, when the Sens were under pressure, without icing it and without putting it in a bad spot. Throw in a game winning goal and I think he had a solid game.

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

As a Sens fan I'm kind of sick of the crap getting thrown on Spezza, lots of teams out there would love to have a guy like him on their team.

Yeah he has struggled this year this but I admire his attempts to round out his game and he's good in faceoffs. Maybe if he's healthy now he'll hopefully be more steady.

I think we're far better off sticking with him rather than trading him for a bunch of players whose salary add up to his. Fisher or Regin are in no way capable of being #1, at least not yet.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Bottomline: Spezza played real well in his first game back. Let's hope he can keep it going on a consistent basis, because he still does have alot more to prove his worth.

Hoags wrote:As a Sens fan I'm kind of sick of the crap getting thrown on Spezza, lots of teams out there would love to have a guy like him on their team.

Yeah he has struggled this year this but I admire his attempts to round out his game and he's good in faceoffs. Maybe if he's healthy now he'll hopefully be more steady.

I think we're far better off sticking with him rather than trading him for a bunch of players whose salary add up to his. Fisher or Regin are in no way capable of being #1, at least not yet.

Again, it comes back to cap dollars... I'm sure there are several teams that would want him, but there are very few (if any) that would want him at that cap hit.

Michallica wrote:Bottomline: Spezza played real well in his first game back. Let's hope he can keep it going on a consistent basis, because he still does have alot more to prove his worth.
agreed

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Gohan wrote:

Again, it comes back to cap dollars... I'm sure there are several teams that would want him, but there are very few (if any) that would want him at that cap hit.

There's always a desperate GM out there ... if Scott Gomez can get traded than so can Spezza GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 1:00pm ET - Sat. Jan. 23rd, 2010 - Page 21 270956

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 21]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum