GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

And the count down is on!

+3
Riprock
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16And the count down is on! - Page 2 Empty Re: And the count down is on! Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:37 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Is it March 31st yet?
No.

How about now?

Could be worse. They haven't even broken ground on my house yet. The townhouse where we live now has ONE (1) washroom. Meaning 1 toilet and 1 tub for 5 human beings.

July isn't coming quick enough!

Yikes.

17And the count down is on! - Page 2 Empty Re: And the count down is on! Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:57 am

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Mattamy sucks. My brother bought in Barrhaven by the Home Depot and his patio door has been leaking ever since he moved in Oct. '08. Has had 4-5 doors replaced and no solution.

18And the count down is on! - Page 2 Empty Re: And the count down is on! Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:59 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The townhouse we used to own had 3 bathrooms and 2 tubs for 2 adults and one toddler.

The new place has the same number of bathrooms but only 1 tub, is about 1000 square feet larger and has one more bedroom than our previous house. It also has a 3 car garage vs. the single we used to have.

19And the count down is on! - Page 2 Empty Re: And the count down is on! Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:43 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I fixed the chart a little.

- Unknown Author

20And the count down is on! - Page 2 Empty Re: And the count down is on! Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:08 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Nice. We thought about building but it would have meant a much longer stay at my mother inlaw's and neither of us were too excited at that prospect.

This place was ideal because of it's location (10 min from SBP), it's close to a new estate lot community but we still have the feel of country living without having to drive to our neighbours. It also has two ponds, which we can freeze over and play pond hockey on. Not 43 acre ponds but still a nice size :) We also have an inground pool which we'll be getting a heater for. It's a mostly treed lot so not a tonne of lawn to mow.

We, of course, won't be able to do all the things planned immediately but, the house had the potential to be what we wanted as none of the walls we'll be removing are load bearing.

You'll get a big sense of satisfation doing it all yourself too. Not to mention, probably end up making the house worth more than what you put into it, so from an investment standpoint, that's sweet. Living a little closer to nature is also so much more peaceful too imo.

Your ponds may not be as big, but you don't have to share them with the riff-raff. And the count down is on! - Page 2 62136

So where are you building. I have got to agree living close to nature is awesome. Its a shame they took away my meadows behind my place and started and stalled on a building project. Ahh at least the mountains are a hop skip and a jump away.

21And the count down is on! - Page 2 Empty Re: And the count down is on! Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:43 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

Phoenix30 wrote:
hemlock wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Nice. We thought about building but it would have meant a much longer stay at my mother inlaw's and neither of us were too excited at that prospect.

This place was ideal because of it's location (10 min from SBP), it's close to a new estate lot community but we still have the feel of country living without having to drive to our neighbours. It also has two ponds, which we can freeze over and play pond hockey on. Not 43 acre ponds but still a nice size And the count down is on! - Page 2 54934 We also have an inground pool which we'll be getting a heater for. It's a mostly treed lot so not a tonne of lawn to mow.

We, of course, won't be able to do all the things planned immediately but, the house had the potential to be what we wanted as none of the walls we'll be removing are load bearing.

You'll get a big sense of satisfation doing it all yourself too. Not to mention, probably end up making the house worth more than what you put into it, so from an investment standpoint, that's sweet. Living a little closer to nature is also so much more peaceful too imo.

Your ponds may not be as big, but you don't have to share them with the riff-raff. And the count down is on! - Page 2 62136

So where are you building. I have got to agree living close to nature is awesome. Its a shame they took away my meadows behind my place and started and stalled on a building project. Ahh at least the mountains are a hop skip and a jump away.

I am jealous. I would kill to live near the Rockies

22And the count down is on! - Page 2 Empty Re: And the count down is on! Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:10 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

beedub wrote:
Phoenix30 wrote:
hemlock wrote:

This place was ideal because of it's location (10 min from SBP), it's close to a new estate lot community but we still have the feel of country living without having to drive to our neighbours. It also has two ponds, which we can freeze over and play pond hockey on. Not 43 acre ponds but still a nice size And the count down is on! - Page 2 54934 We also have an inground pool which we'll be getting a heater for. It's a mostly treed lot so not a tonne of lawn to mow.

its cool I have lived near and in the rockies for several years now.

23And the count down is on! - Page 2 Empty Re: And the count down is on! Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:23 pm

Phoenix30 wrote:
beedub wrote:
Phoenix30 wrote:
hemlock wrote:

its cool I have lived near and in the rockies for several years now.

Phoenix30: We are building in Auburn Bay, a couple of blocks from the new South Campus. Having the mountains is awesome. I love the view everyday coming down either Glenmore or 22X, seeing the Rockies stretch as far as the eye can see.

24And the count down is on! - Page 2 Empty Re: And the count down is on! Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:58 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

41 days 'till I take possesion. Smile

- Unknown Author

25And the count down is on! - Page 2 Empty Re: And the count down is on! Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:44 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Less than 2 weeks to go. Smile I am sooooo looking forward to having our own house again.

- Unknown Author

26And the count down is on! - Page 2 Empty Re: And the count down is on! Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:09 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Less than 2 weeks to go. Smile I am sooooo looking forward to having our own house again.

Yan know, you could add a countdown widget to the home page or something (I tried adding a widget to the signature -- not go).

27And the count down is on! - Page 2 Empty Re: And the count down is on! Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:21 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I could have put up a widget but it's not really widget worthy is it? I can see deadline day, FA day, Draft day, Training camp maybe, Pre-season opener maybe and Opening day being Widget countdown worthy though.

- Unknown Author

28And the count down is on! - Page 2 Empty Re: And the count down is on! Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:27 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

"widget worthy" Laugh1

29And the count down is on! - Page 2 Empty Re: And the count down is on! Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:46 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:"widget worthy" And the count down is on! - Page 2 270956

Exactly. You keep that in mind the next time you're thinking of adding a widget.

There's much more to this Administrator job than you thought isn't there? And the count down is on! - Page 2 649241

- Unknown Author

30And the count down is on! - Page 2 Empty Re: And the count down is on! Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:48 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

8 more days. Just 8 more days. Just 8 more days. Just 8 more days. Just 8 more days. Just 8 more days. Just 8 more days. Just 8 more days. Just 8 more days. Just 8 more days. Just 8 more days. Just 8 more days. Just 8 more days. Just 8 more days. Just 8 more days. Just 8 more days. Just 8 more days. Just 8 more days. Just 8 more days. Just 8 more days. Just 8 more days. Just 8 more days. Just 8 more days. Ahhhhh!

- Unknown Author

31And the count down is on! - Page 2 Empty Re: And the count down is on! Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:04 pm

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

how many days??

32And the count down is on! - Page 2 Empty Re: And the count down is on! Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:26 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SDH89 wrote:how many days??

Nearly down to seven-and-a-half.

33And the count down is on! - Page 2 Empty Re: And the count down is on! Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:46 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Technically it's actually 8 days exactly as of 6PM this evening as I just found out I don't take possession until 6PM on the 31st.

I spoke to my lawyer who assured me that was hogwash. Smile I actually get the keys once the lawyer is able to get the closing officially done. They expect the closing to be done some time around noon. I can't wait.

Last edited by Cap'n Clutch on Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:00 am; edited 1 time in total

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum