GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tonight Show getting bounced to make room for Jay Leno Show

+6
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
SDH89
M_Christopher
shabbs
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Looks like NBC is going to re-vamp their schedule, again and move "The Tonight Show" with Conan O'Brien to later on in the night at 12:05 am and push "The Jay Leno Show" to the old "Tonight Show" time slot. Conan ain't too pleased about this, and rightly so...

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/01/12/conan-obrien-says-he-wont-do-tonight-show-following-leno/

What a mess. Conan should just bolt to Fox. I'll admit, I'm a fan of Conan. Not a big fan of Jay Leno.

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

To this day, I don't understand how anyone found Leno funny.

Good to see O'brien standing his ground on this.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

Conan is the man. He's an east coast guy though, he should go to FOX or ABC and start over in NYC.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

M_Christopher wrote:To this day, I don't understand how anyone found Leno funny.

Good to see O'brien standing his ground on this.
The only thing remotely funny on the show is those funny paper clippings people send him, so that's not even him being funny. The band leader Kevin Eubanks is funnier than Jay Leno.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I caught a bit of Jimmy Fallon's Late Show show the other day... not too bad actually. Was quite impressed.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, Leno *was* funny, in American Hot Wax, when he was just a young standup. I always preferred Letterman myself. I was quite pissed off about this primetime show of his, since it killed off some good shows. And I knew it wouldn't last (this is NBC, after all, the last time they gave a show a shot at establishing an audience it was Senifeld, and before that, Cheers -- the latter did not break the top-10 list until its *third* season and I think it was pretty much the same for Seinfeld.

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

Whatever happens here, somebody from NBC deserves to get canned.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SDH89 wrote:Whatever happens here, somebody from NBC deserves to get canned.

Isn't NBC being sold? What do you think the guy's job security is when they can only get third spot at 10PM (when FOX switches to local news) and new owners are coming in?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This is so ludicrous. Hey Jay we don't want you hosting the Tonight show with Jay Leno but we want you to do the exact same thing just start sooner and call it the Jay Leno show.

Oh wait we screwed up. People actually still like you they just don't want to watch you at that time slot. We'll move you to the Tonight show time slot but you won't be the Tonight show with Jay Leno you'll just be the Jay Leno show in the Tonight show with Jay Leno time slot. Loony scratch

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I remember all the hoopla about Conan taking over the Tonight Show way back in 2004. It seemed so odd to outline all of that so far in advance.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I've always found Conan one of the more annoying people on TV, nice guy but I never found him funny.

I always liked Leno's monalogues, I seem to be in the minority tho Smile

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:I've always found Conan one of the more annoying people on TV, nice guy but I never found him funny.

I always liked Leno's monalogues, I seem to be in the minority tho Smile

Minority on here that is. Obviously there are fans because they wouldn't be moving him back to the Tonight show time slot otherwise right?

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm personally a huge Letterman fan and was disappointed that Leno got the Tonight show instead of him. Conan is OK but not a big fan.

I imagine Letterman is quite happy he didn't jump onto that NBC sinking ship after all.

- Unknown Author

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

I am certain O'Brien has a contract. I hope he sticks to his guns and lets the network have it.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

beedub wrote:I am certain O'Brien has a contract. I hope he sticks to his guns and lets the network have it.

He does and he can't do much about it. His contract says he can't be moved later than 12:05 and that's when they moved him to.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum