GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Are there still believers out there?

+10
shabbs
Riprock
TheAvatar
rooneypoo
PTFlea
PKC
Devo
beedub
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

16Are there still believers out there? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are there still believers out there? Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:42 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

PKC wrote:
wprager wrote:Losing to the Oilers last night doesn't make it any easier, does it? The Leafs are one injury away from falling behind. Right now they are playing about the same as the Leafs, maybe a little better. But while the Sens are expecting a large portion of their lineup to come back after the Olympics, for the Leafs it's as good as it gets.

For a while, there, the Leafs were doing very well, but it seems that that was a hot streak and not a sustainable pace.

I still think they have a better chance than the Sens did at roughly this time last year.

They might only because of the unexpected fall off of a couple of teams (notably the Flyers and Rangers). Consider that the Bolts, Islanders, Thrashers and Panthers are all in the mix and it seems extremely unlikely that the Leafs can make it in.

I actually thought of adding something very similar. The East has a lot of teams really struggling.

17Are there still believers out there? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are there still believers out there? Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:44 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Can we all agree that once the Leafs hit a required winning percentage of over 700 that they are done for or do they actually have to wait for the math to catch up to them before the dreamers stop believing?

How about this? As Prager said last year about the Sens: IF they make it in they will be one of the hottest teams in the league and could upset the top seed.

That would be scary, eh? But given past history they will finish 9-10. Miss the playoffs and the lottery. Not that they care much about their next couple of first round picks.

Hmm, I wonder if this makes Boston play the Leafs any harder?

18Are there still believers out there? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are there still believers out there? Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:06 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well some *cough* beedub *cough* would have you believe that Kessel, The Monster and Toskala can carry this team into the playoffs so look out. Sarcasm

19Are there still believers out there? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are there still believers out there? Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:20 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Well some *cough* beedub *cough* would have you believe that Kessel, The Monster and Toskala can carry this team into the playoffs so look out. Sarcasm

Don't forget about Luke "The Franchise" Schenn.

20Are there still believers out there? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are there still believers out there? Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:51 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

To be fair, the east is a bit of a train wreck right now. We're exactly half way into the season, and yet teams are holding down playoff spots with 40 points -- that is, with .500 records. If you average that out over the season, that means that, at the current pace in the east, teams with 80 points will make the playoffs this year. Mediocrity across the board in the east may well lead to needing fewer than 92 points to get into the playoffs.

And, while I realize that they have like 7 teams to jump over, the Leafs are after all only 3 points back of 8th.

21Are there still believers out there? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are there still believers out there? Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:52 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Rooney! Where have you been ?

22Are there still believers out there? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are there still believers out there? Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:59 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

rooneypoo wrote:To be fair, the east is a bit of a train wreck right now. We're exactly half way into the season, and yet teams are holding down playoff spots with 40 points -- that is, with .500 records. If you average that out over the season, that means that, at the current pace in the east, teams with 80 points will make the playoffs this year. Mediocrity across the board in the east may well lead to needing fewer than 92 points to get into the playoffs.

And, while I realize that they have like 7 teams to jump over, the Leafs are after all only 3 points back of 8th.

Five of those teams have played fewer games, though, so that 3 points out of 8th is a bit misleading. Flyers, Rangers and Thrashers all have 3 points and 2 games in hand.

Still, even 6 points (assuming those 2 games in hand yield 3 more points) is nothing that a 4-game winning streak (against the right competition) won't fix.

23Are there still believers out there? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are there still believers out there? Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:08 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

TheAvatar wrote:Rooney! Where have you been ?

Holding down three jobs. Smile

24Are there still believers out there? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are there still believers out there? Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:13 pm

rooneypoo wrote:

That's it?

Poor excuse for not being here 24/7 imo! Are there still believers out there? - Page 2 805406

25Are there still believers out there? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are there still believers out there? Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:44 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

hemlock wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

That's it?

Poor excuse for not being here 24/7 imo! Are there still believers out there? - Page 2 805406

Hell yeah. I've got 4 kids at home and only 2 TV/game console combos. Man, I can't wait till this holiday "break" is done. Although I *did* get to take the girls out for their first-ever skate (I use that term very loosely). Probably why I still can't shake this stupid cold -- every time I get a little better I do something stupid like go tobogganing, skating or taking down the trampoline.

26Are there still believers out there? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are there still believers out there? Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:12 pm

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

wprager wrote:
hemlock wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

That's it?

Hell yeah. I've got 4 kids at home and only 2 TV/game console combos. Man, I can't wait till this holiday "break" is done. Although I *did* get to take the girls out for their first-ever skate (I use that term very loosely). Probably why I still can't shake this stupid cold -- every time I get a little better I do something stupid like go tobogganing, skating or taking down the trampoline.

Prager,

If you live in North Kanata (near Morgans Grant) there is an excellent sledding hill near the marshes...it's basically a couple of soccer fields that are about sunken down about 30 to 40 feet from the road so it makes for a great place to sled. It's excellent there right now with the new snow. Other than that, the little rink at the corner of Klondike and Halton is in good shape, but I warn you my 5 year old is always out there and thinks he's the next Hall. Now if I can only get him playing hockey instead of soccer... Are there still believers out there? - Page 2 555492

27Are there still believers out there? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are there still believers out there? Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:35 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Excellent idea. I know the place -- down Terry Fox just past the day care that Terry Matthews had built. I was going to just go across the street to Jack Donohue but this is even better. I remember taking the girls there two years ago and they were petrified (only 5 at the time).

I was at that little rink yesterday. Do you have a "Cassie Campbell" to go with that "Hall" or was that someone else?

28Are there still believers out there? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are there still believers out there? Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:17 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Just got back from tobogganing with the girls. Oh what fun. Hopefully they sleep like angels tonight.

29Are there still believers out there? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are there still believers out there? Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:19 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Just got back from tobogganing with the girls. Oh what fun. Hopefully they sleep like angels tonight.

Maybe it's because I only have one and she's only 15 months but she always sleeps like an angel.

- Unknown Author

30Are there still believers out there? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are there still believers out there? Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:31 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:Just got back from tobogganing with the girls. Oh what fun. Hopefully they sleep like angels tonight.

Maybe it's because I only have one and she's only 15 months but she always sleeps like an angel.

I just want to have a nice, quiet evening with my wife, maybe rent a movie, wake the boys up for the midnight countdown. If the girls are out like a light by 9 we should be good. Need a romantic comedy (more on the comedy side for me). Can anyone recommend "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" or something else?

31Are there still believers out there? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are there still believers out there? Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:36 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Sarah Marshall is a good movie - funny, and has that romantic element. Does it have more nudities? Yes.

32Are there still believers out there? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are there still believers out there? Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:01 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:Sarah Marshall is a good movie - funny, and has that romantic element. Does it have more nudities? Yes.

I wouldn't complain (at least not inwardly). Plus I heard it has something ("nudities") for everyone.

33Are there still believers out there? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are there still believers out there? Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:36 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Forgetting Sarah Marshall was hilarious. It's for sure more of a comedy than a romance.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum