GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

rumours of the week

+23
The Montagoose
SensHulk
Phoenix30
TheAvatar
garblar
Sens4thecup
jamvan
SDH89
Hoags
shabbs
asq2
SensGirl11
Hayden
Urkie
PKC
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
LeCaptain
beedub
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
Flo The Action
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 32  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 32]

31rumours of the week - Page 3 Empty Re: rumours of the week Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:15 pm

Dash wrote:Redden? rumours of the week - Page 3 159628
Declining numbers, not non-existant numbers.

32rumours of the week - Page 3 Empty Re: rumours of the week Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:15 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
I know. Nobody seems to like Jokinen for whatever reason. I was just trying to find a good player in what is not a great lineup. Phaneuf makes a lot of money and his numbers are declining. Calgary really doesn't have anything enticing.

J-Bo? Ahhhhh!

33rumours of the week - Page 3 Empty Re: rumours of the week Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:16 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

RobbyJ wrote:Don't discount the caps making a move for Kovy. The Caps could offer up Semin who the Thrashers could keep as an RFA. I would rather pay Kovy 8-9M than the 7M Semin is going to want.

7 million dollar for Semin? Hmmm....I would hope he sees the light and signs a 5.75 ish contract and stays with the Caps, but if he wants 7 million...bu bye.

34rumours of the week - Page 3 Empty Re: rumours of the week Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:16 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Dash wrote:If Kovalchuk is moved, I'm putting my money on LA. They got the cap room, they got the assets. Two huge factors. Not only can they trade for him, but they could keep him.

Let's start with a 1st, Frolov and... Voinov or Loktionov?

Teubert or Hickey have to be a part of that deal - and the Kings are notorious (and rightfully so) to not give up prospects or young players. Now wouldn't be the time to start IMO.

Really? Not even for Kovalchuk re-signed? He's proven and he's young. LA would be the perfect team for him. It's not a lot to give up for LA. They have a lot of prospects. I wouldn't suggest giving up Teubert, Hickey or Schenn, but the Russian prospects are quite good, nothing to sneeze at.

Any of those guys listed are better than Angelo Esposito.

35rumours of the week - Page 3 Empty Re: rumours of the week Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:19 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
I know. Nobody seems to like Jokinen for whatever reason. I was just trying to find a good player in what is not a great lineup. Phaneuf makes a lot of money and his numbers are declining. Calgary really doesn't have anything enticing.

J-Bo? Ahhhhh!

Gotta say he has not been too impressive this year. He's got the same numbers as Picard, who has played 5 less games.

36rumours of the week - Page 3 Empty Re: rumours of the week Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:20 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

J-Bo? rumours of the week - Page 3 805406

Gotta say he has not been too impressive this year. He's got the same numbers as Picard, who has played 5 less games.

Also, I'm pretty sure he's untouchable. That's why I didn't consider him.

37rumours of the week - Page 3 Empty Re: rumours of the week Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Dash wrote:If Kovalchuk is moved, I'm putting my money on LA. They got the cap room, they got the assets. Two huge factors. Not only can they trade for him, but they could keep him.

Teubert or Hickey have to be a part of that deal - and the Kings are notorious (and rightfully so) to not give up prospects or young players. Now wouldn't be the time to start IMO.

Really? Not even for Kovalchuk re-signed? He's proven and he's young. LA would be the perfect team for him. It's not a lot to give up for LA. They have a lot of prospects. I wouldn't suggest giving up Teubert, Hickey or Schenn, but the Russian prospects are quite good, nothing to sneeze at.

Once bitten twice shy though. Waddell cannot afford to Diddle this one up like he did with the Hossa deal. I realize hindsight is 20/20, but boy did he get the short end of the talent stick with Hossa (Armstrong is okay, Christiensen is gone, Esposito is busting and injured). Plus, no offense to Hossa, but Kovalchuk is 10 times better. So a 1st rounder, a top 6 player right now and a blue chip - or some semblance of that.

38rumours of the week - Page 3 Empty Re: rumours of the week Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:25 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:Don't discount the caps making a move for Kovy. The Caps could offer up Semin who the Thrashers could keep as an RFA. I would rather pay Kovy 8-9M than the 7M Semin is going to want.

7 million dollar for Semin? Hmmm....I would hope he sees the light and signs a 5.75 ish contract and stays with the Caps, but if he wants 7 million...bu bye.
Well, he makes 4.6M now and is quite impressed with his own abilities, so maybe he'd "settle" for 6M. He just seems like a pay me what I want or I'm going home kind of player.

39rumours of the week - Page 3 Empty Re: rumours of the week Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:27 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:

semin has never gotten higher numbers then 75 points i think? too many injuries i think. that should keep his hit bellow 6 mill i would think.

40rumours of the week - Page 3 Empty Re: rumours of the week Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:31 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

J-Bo? Ahhhhh!

Yeah, he's been less than stellar. BUT, he's got the best skating of all young D-men and adds a crazy element of speed and skill.

41rumours of the week - Page 3 Empty Re: rumours of the week Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:34 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Dash wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Once bitten twice shy though. Waddell cannot afford to Diddle this one up like he did with the Hossa deal. I realize hindsight is 20/20, but boy did he get the short end of the talent stick with Hossa (Armstrong is okay, Christiensen is gone, Esposito is busting and injured). Plus, no offense to Hossa, but Kovalchuk is 10 times better. So a 1st rounder, a top 6 player right now and a blue chip - or some semblance of that.

Frolov = top 6 fwd, Voynov (7.5 C rating from Hockeysfuture).

More than what a lot of teams could offer, plus I don't think Semin will be traded.

42rumours of the week - Page 3 Empty Re: rumours of the week Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:35 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:

Yeah, he's been less than stellar. BUT, he's got the best skating of all young D-men and adds a crazy element of speed and skill.

J-Bo makes slightly more than Phaneuf but I would still take him waaaaaay before Phaneuf.

43rumours of the week - Page 3 Empty Re: rumours of the week Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:36 pm

Dash wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Dash wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Frolov = top 6 fwd, Voynov (7.5 C rating from Hockeysfuture).

More than what a lot of teams could offer, plus I don't think Semin will be traded.
I don't think he'll be traded until the off-season either, unless it is in a deal that brings in an upgrade. Only Kovy fits that bill.

44rumours of the week - Page 3 Empty Re: rumours of the week Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:42 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

RobbyJ wrote:Well, he makes 4.6M now and is quite impressed with his own abilities, so maybe he'd "settle" for 6M. He just seems like a pay me what I want or I'm going home kind of player.

Yeah, he does seem to impress himself a lot. I hope he and his agent realize that he's in the PERFECT place to make 5.5-6 million dollars, not have the burning spotlight of pressure on him AND get to play with the league's best winger.

But yeah, I don't even know if the Caps can afford to sign him and Backstrom at the same time.

45rumours of the week - Page 3 Empty Re: rumours of the week Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:43 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Well, here's the situation - they are in no panic to trade him at all even. He's an RFA and if they can't re-sign him, then they could either trade him, or a team can make an offer that Washington either matches, or walks-away from, and likely would get three 1st rnd picks.

46rumours of the week - Page 3 Empty Re: rumours of the week Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:47 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

RobbyJ wrote:Frolov = top 6 fwd, Voynov (7.5 C rating from Hockeysfuture).

I don't think he'll be traded until the off-season either, unless it is in a deal that brings in an upgrade. Only Kovy fits that bill.[/quote]

Except Frolov's an upcoming UFA and I doubt Waddell wants that coming back. This is gonna be incredibly tricky IMO, Waddell has a big chance to either sign this big guy - or reshape his team once and for all. He's done a great job RECENTLY, but this defines whether he keeps his job or not (again IMO).

As for Semin - how can he be traded in the off-season, he's a UFA? At most, he'd get a minimal, J-Bo-like return.

47rumours of the week - Page 3 Empty Re: rumours of the week Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:47 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:Well, here's the situation - they are in no panic to trade him at all even. He's an RFA and if they can't re-sign him, then they could either trade him, or a team can make an offer that Washington either matches, or walks-away from, and likely would get three 1st rnd picks.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....he's an RFA. That I didn't realize.

48rumours of the week - Page 3 Empty Re: rumours of the week Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:48 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:Well, he makes 4.6M now and is quite impressed with his own abilities, so maybe he'd "settle" for 6M. He just seems like a pay me what I want or I'm going home kind of player.

Yeah, he does seem to impress himself a lot. I hope he and his agent realize that he's in the PERFECT place to make 5.5-6 million dollars, not have the burning spotlight of pressure on him AND get to play with the league's best winger.

But yeah, I don't even know if the Caps can afford to sign him and Backstrom at the same time.

They'd have a lot of money tied up in 4 players, but they'd have 4 really good players lol. And for argument sake, let's say Backstrom and Semin get Toews/Kane deals.

Ovechkin -9.5
Greene - 5.25
Semin - 6.3
Backstrom - 6.3

That's 27.35M tied up in 4 players. That's almost half the cap. Yes, it is a lot, and yeah, Washington would probably not want that situation, but it is doable if they fill out the team with cheap contracts.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 32]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 32  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum