GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

rumours of the week

+23
The Montagoose
SensHulk
Phoenix30
TheAvatar
garblar
Sens4thecup
jamvan
SDH89
Hoags
shabbs
asq2
SensGirl11
Hayden
Urkie
PKC
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
LeCaptain
beedub
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
Flo The Action
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 32  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 32]

16rumours of the week - Page 2 Empty Re: rumours of the week Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:40 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

beedub wrote:ttp://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/30186-THNcom-Blog-Phaneuf-for-Spezza-a-dream-deal-for-Senators-and-Flames.html[/quote[/url]]

He brings up valid points. It's not like we'd miss his offence, and Phaneuf on the back end would make us a force to be reckoned with

Yeah, but at the same time, we haven't had Spezza at 100% for over a year now it appears. I still have a hard time believing he's gone to Dung - no matter how hard Neely tries to make us believe that. It's one of those things that in a couple of years we'd be wishing we didn't do IMO.

17rumours of the week - Page 2 Empty Re: rumours of the week Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:40 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

If Kovalchuk is moved, I'm putting my money on LA. They got the cap room, they got the assets. Two huge factors. Not only can they trade for him, but they could keep him.

Let's start with a 1st, Frolov and... Voinov or Loktionov?

18rumours of the week - Page 2 Empty Re: rumours of the week Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:40 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:"Pain and Shame" Phaneuf is no longer the same player. I'd sooner take Sarich, Jokinen and probably a top prospect.

Iginla is 32?!??!! rumours of the week - Page 2 235689 rumours of the week - Page 2 805406

Really? I'd take Phaneuf, but not at the expense of Spezza - yet.

I would take the players I mentioned for Spezza over Phaneuf right now.

19rumours of the week - Page 2 Empty Re: rumours of the week Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:41 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:Bruins, Caps, Rangers... three teams that have no cap space and one team that is always in on the trade rumors and has no cap space.
i'm sure the rangers will offer-up redden and kotalik for him rumours of the week - Page 2 159628

20rumours of the week - Page 2 Empty Re: rumours of the week Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:43 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Rule of thumb: Brian Jurke has first crack at any and all free agents and players offered for trade for discount prices.

21rumours of the week - Page 2 Empty Re: rumours of the week Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:46 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
Dash wrote:Bruins, Caps, Rangers... three teams that have no cap space and one team that is always in on the trade rumors and has no cap space.
i'm sure the rangers will offer-up redden and kotalik for him rumours of the week - Page 2 159628

What's in it for the Thrashers? rumours of the week - Page 2 159628

22rumours of the week - Page 2 Empty Re: rumours of the week Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:47 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:If Kovalchuk is moved, I'm putting my money on LA. They got the cap room, they got the assets. Two huge factors. Not only can they trade for him, but they could keep him.

agreed but i think they will ask to negotiate with him first. no one want's what happened with hossa to happen anymore. then you're more likely to see: hickey, frolov, shenn and a 1st for kova and a new contract( the combination can vary, the point is it will cost)

23rumours of the week - Page 2 Empty Re: rumours of the week Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:49 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

jagr to edmonton again... the guy is 38! how log do they want him for? oh edmonton.... rumours of the week - Page 2 489887

Jagr de retour?

Lundi, 21 Décembre 2009
Par HOCKEY30.com

Selon le Edmonton Journal, Jaromir Jagr reviendrait dans la LNH afin de jouer avec les Oilers.
Le quotidien affirme que Jagr considère de quitter la KHL pour l'Amérique du Nord au terme de son contrat avec l'Avangard de Omsk. Le Tchèque aura 38 ans en février et sera âgé de 40 ans lorsque son contrat finira dans la KHL.
"Il pourrait même quitter la LNH avant la fin de son contrat. De toute façon, même à 40 ans, Jagr sera encore l'un des meilleurs joueurs de la planète." nous a indiqué une source travaillant pour l'organisation des Oilers.
Jagr avait affirmé au printemps dernier que s'il revenait dans la LNH, ce serait avec les Oilers d'Edmonton.
"Je n'oublierai jamais l'intérêt qu'ils ont eu pour moi avant que je ne quitte pour la KHL. Même depuis que je suis en Russie, ils n'ont jamais arrêté de me montrer qu'ils tenaient à moi et qu'ils seraient privilégiés de me voir joindre leur équipe. Les Oilers sont une organisation avec une grande classe" avait déclaré Jagr.
À suivre...

24rumours of the week - Page 2 Empty Re: rumours of the week Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:00 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:"Pain and Shame" Phaneuf is no longer the same player. I'd sooner take Sarich, Jokinen and probably a top prospect.

Iginla is 32?!??!! rumours of the week - Page 2 235689 rumours of the week - Page 2 805406

Jokinen is one of the biggest arses in the league though. Invariably every time he's traded (which says a lot right there) there seems to be a trail of discontent. Sariach is good for sure, very solid, but we need more of an all-round D-man for that kind of money.

I wouldn't make that trade. I probably wouldn't make either trade, but if I did, it would be for Phaneuf so he could cruise our blue line with one of Karlsson, Cowen or Wiercioch - or even A-Train or Phillips.

Actually, holy Dung, that's a pretty crazy addition to our future blueline.

25rumours of the week - Page 2 Empty Re: rumours of the week Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:01 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:The Hockey News wants us to believe that this would be the move to make:

[url=http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/30186-THNcom-Blog-Phaneuf-for-Spezza-a-dream-deal-for-Senators-and-Flames.html
http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/30186-THNcom-Blog-Phaneuf-for-Spezza-a-dream-deal-for-Senators-and-Flames.html[/quote[/url]]

yeah i read that this moring... interesting. i'm sure quite a few people on here would jump at the chance to pull it but personally that would leave us a very empty space at center. i truly believe Spezza has been playing with back problems and that is part of the reason his play has been te way it is.
you can pretty much pin-point the moment he started to play of to when he came back ina hurry from the back injury earlyer this season. before that he was a new man... (bring on the hate.)

as for phaneuf, it sounds like he's quite the handfull in the locker-room. i'd take him but not for spezza. we have some nice prospects on D that will one day soon be elite(hopefully) but we are weak up front in prospect. i don't think it's the time to deal spezza.

Agreed.

26rumours of the week - Page 2 Empty Re: rumours of the week Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:05 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Jokinen is one of the biggest arses in the league though. Invariably every time he's traded (which says a lot right there) there seems to be a trail of discontent. Sariach is good for sure, very solid, but we need more of an all-round D-man for that kind of money.

I wouldn't make that trade. I probably wouldn't make either trade, but if I did, it would be for Phaneuf so he could cruise our blue line with one of Karlsson, Cowen or Wiercioch - or even A-Train or Phillips.

I know. Nobody seems to like Jokinen for whatever reason. I was just trying to find a good player in what is not a great lineup. Phaneuf makes a lot of money and his numbers are declining. Calgary really doesn't have anything enticing.

27rumours of the week - Page 2 Empty Re: rumours of the week Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:12 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

I know. Nobody seems to like Jokinen for whatever reason. I was just trying to find a good player in what is not a great lineup. Phaneuf makes a lot of money and his numbers are declining. Calgary really doesn't have anything enticing.
That sounds like someone I know.

28rumours of the week - Page 2 Empty Re: rumours of the week Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:13 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:If Kovalchuk is moved, I'm putting my money on LA. They got the cap room, they got the assets. Two huge factors. Not only can they trade for him, but they could keep him.

Teubert or Hickey have to be a part of that deal - and the Kings are notorious (and rightfully so) to not give up prospects or young players. Now wouldn't be the time to start IMO.

29rumours of the week - Page 2 Empty Re: rumours of the week Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:13 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Redden? rumours of the week - Page 2 159628

30rumours of the week - Page 2 Empty Re: rumours of the week Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:14 pm

Don't discount the caps making a move for Kovy. The Caps could offer up Semin who the Thrashers could keep as an RFA. I would rather pay Kovy 8-9M than the 7M Semin is going to want.

31rumours of the week - Page 2 Empty Re: rumours of the week Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:15 pm

Dash wrote:Redden? rumours of the week - Page 2 159628
Declining numbers, not non-existant numbers.

32rumours of the week - Page 2 Empty Re: rumours of the week Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:15 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

J-Bo? Ahhhhh!

33rumours of the week - Page 2 Empty Re: rumours of the week Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:16 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

RobbyJ wrote:Don't discount the caps making a move for Kovy. The Caps could offer up Semin who the Thrashers could keep as an RFA. I would rather pay Kovy 8-9M than the 7M Semin is going to want.

7 million dollar for Semin? Hmmm....I would hope he sees the light and signs a 5.75 ish contract and stays with the Caps, but if he wants 7 million...bu bye.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 32]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 32  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum