GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who will win the North East Division?

+12
wprager
sidstu
SensHulk
PTFlea
LeCaptain
Larabiep
shabbs
Tuk Tuk
SeawaySensFan
SensGirl11
PKC
Cap'n Clutch
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Who will win the North East Division?

Who will win the North East Division? - Page 4 Vote_lcap242%Who will win the North East Division? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 42% [ 13 ]
Who will win the North East Division? - Page 4 Vote_lcap229%Who will win the North East Division? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 29% [ 9 ]
Who will win the North East Division? - Page 4 Vote_lcap226%Who will win the North East Division? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 26% [ 8 ]
Who will win the North East Division? - Page 4 Vote_lcap23%Who will win the North East Division? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 3% [ 1 ]
Who will win the North East Division? - Page 4 Vote_lcap20%Who will win the North East Division? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 31

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

46Who will win the North East Division? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will win the North East Division? Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:59 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Miller is going to the Olympics. Even if he isn't injured, he's going to be very, very tired. The way they are playing in front of him, it is still very likely that they will start tanking.

47Who will win the North East Division? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will win the North East Division? Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:33 pm

sens4win

Veteran
Veteran

ottawa
miller cant play like this all season
and i think we can get past boston

48Who will win the North East Division? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will win the North East Division? Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:51 pm

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

sens4win wrote:ottawa

It's gonna be a slugfest all the way to the end of the year to figure this one out. The league is tighter than ever. So many teams that are hanging around playoff spots it's absolutely ridiculous. There is legitimately only 1 team sort of out of the playoff picture and even for them a strong second half could land them a spot in the post season.

49Who will win the North East Division? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will win the North East Division? Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:39 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

sens4win wrote:ottawa

They had two straight wins where they were down 0-3 with Miller in goal, and came back to win. I think Buffalo takes the NE this year and I'm OK with that. Like I've said earlier, we seem to have their number, and after playing 70+ in the regular season and another 8 in the Olympics he will exhausted for the post-season.

It definitely would be nice to catch Boston, though. We may get our chance Tuesday. Surely, the Rangers couldn't lose 9 of 10 at home, could they? Go Rangers, please!

50Who will win the North East Division? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will win the North East Division? Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:51 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

There are a lot of teams free falling right now. The most important thing for the Senators to do is just add as many points as possible to their playoff spot lead...a point here, a point there, two points more often than not.

I have faith that this team can make the playoffs. That two week break is going to be a God-send for us. It will give us some MUCH needed time to rest injured players and to come back and make a huge end of season push.

51Who will win the North East Division? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will win the North East Division? Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:17 am

PKC wrote:There are a lot of teams free falling right now. The most important thing for the Senators to do is just add as many points as possible to their playoff spot lead...a point here, a point there, two points more often than not.

I have faith that this team can make the playoffs. That two week break is going to be a God-send for us. It will give us some MUCH needed time to rest injured players and to come back and make a huge end of season push.
I obviously hope we make the playoffs, but I wouldn't put a ton of cash on it. We would need to duplicate our first half point total, the difference being we play 24 of the last 40 games on the road.

52Who will win the North East Division? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will win the North East Division? Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:28 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I think Buffalo will hang on for the division title, Miller is just that good. I don't think he'll burn out until the post season, my prediction is Buffalo will make a fairly quick exit from the playoffs.

Boston will make a good run at it too.

I don't think Ottawa can do it, our team is just too inconsistent, especially goaltending. We've also got a lot of road games in the 2nd half, not our specialty.

53Who will win the North East Division? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will win the North East Division? Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:34 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah, I'm gonna say Buffalo wins this division but it's gonna be a dog race to the end for 2nd place between Boston, Ottawa and Montreal.

Of course, if Miller gets injured then all bets are off!

54Who will win the North East Division? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will win the North East Division? Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:37 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think Miller will burn out. He's gonna play 95% of the Sabres games, the All-Star Game and the Olympics before March. That's bad news for a guy who's 160 pounds. My money's on Boston overtaking the Sabres.

55Who will win the North East Division? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will win the North East Division? Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:50 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Yeah, I'm gonna say Buffalo wins this division but it's gonna be a dog race to the end for 2nd place between Boston, Ottawa and Montreal.

Of course, if Miller gets injured then all bets are off!

If Miller gets injured, Buffalo's headed to the lottery.

56Who will win the North East Division? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will win the North East Division? Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:22 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:I think Miller will burn out. He's gonna play 95% of the Sabres games, the All-Star Game and the Olympics before March. That's bad news for a guy who's 160 pounds. My money's on Boston overtaking the Sabres.
Well, Miller is on pace for 70 games... he's done 76 before in 2007/08 but they did not make the post season. Hmmm... burn out? Wink

57Who will win the North East Division? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will win the North East Division? Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:34 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Best case scenario is for Ottawa to finish 6th, catching the Sabres in the first round.

58Who will win the North East Division? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will win the North East Division? Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:41 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

dennycrane wrote:Best case scenario is for Ottawa to finish 6th, catching the Sabres in the first round.

Or they stay at 2nd, and we face OVechkin Who will win the North East Division? - Page 4 270956

59Who will win the North East Division? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will win the North East Division? Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:45 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Miller's young, in great shape - he will be fine.

60Who will win the North East Division? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will win the North East Division? Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:05 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:I think Miller will burn out. He's gonna play 95% of the Sabres games, the All-Star Game and the Olympics before March. That's bad news for a guy who's 160 pounds. My money's on Boston overtaking the Sabres.

There's no All Star game during Olympic years.

61Who will win the North East Division? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will win the North East Division? Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:15 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:I think Buffalo will hang on for the division title, Miller is just that good. I don't think he'll burn out until the post season, my prediction is Buffalo will make a fairly quick exit from the playoffs.

Boston will make a good run at it too.

I don't think Ottawa can do it, our team is just too inconsistent, especially goaltending. We've also got a lot of road games in the 2nd half, not our specialty.

I agree. People keep expecting a drop off for the Sabres which could happen but I'm with you - It waits until the playoffs a la Brodeur in years past. Boston has a chance but they're definitely not the big bad scary regular season team of 08/09.

Montreal and Toronto have virtually no chance of getting first in the division unless of course, in Montreal's case, you believe the TSN power rankings have anything to do with potential real life results. If you're drinking the beedub kool-aid then you think the Leafs have an 8th place finish in them at best.

I think Ottawa finishes in 5th overall at best but I will stick with my 7th place prediction that I made at the start of the season.

- Unknown Author

62Who will win the North East Division? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will win the North East Division? Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:57 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:Miller's young, in great shape - he will be fine.

How about a two-hander across the back of his little stick legs?

63Who will win the North East Division? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will win the North East Division? Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:58 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:

There's no All Star game during Olympic years.

I didn't realize that for some reason. Thanks Prags. Lalalala

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum