GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

EVERYTHING - Game 2 related

+6
wprager
PKC
rooneypoo
jamvan
shabbs
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

61EVERYTHING - Game 2 related - Page 5 Empty Re: EVERYTHING - Game 2 related Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:32 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:I'm REALLY loving Ruutu.

Love this guy! Love Auld this far. Smith from Sat. was awesome.

62EVERYTHING - Game 2 related - Page 5 Empty Re: EVERYTHING - Game 2 related Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:34 pm

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

Well its verbal. Someone told me. I don't know how to verify their knowledge if they said they can't tell me who told them.

What he also said is that Alfredsson's injury might be more serious than initially thought. So Sundin is a replacement of sorts in the interim, and then when Alfredsson is ready to play, he plays.

63EVERYTHING - Game 2 related - Page 5 Empty Re: EVERYTHING - Game 2 related Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:35 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
PKC wrote:
wprager wrote:
PKC wrote:No problem guys. I'd like to think that I can find absolutely anything I need to find on the internet.

Challenge! Easy one to start, what's Emery's jersey number in Mytischi?

Its still number 1.

OK, now the next one is going to be a little more difficult. Find either confirmation or denial of the Sundin rumour by 11PM tonight.

Poop, 2-0.

I'm only amused because it's pre-season, but the Rangers I think may have scored right before they actually scored. LOL.

64EVERYTHING - Game 2 related - Page 5 Empty Re: EVERYTHING - Game 2 related Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:04 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

wow, great speed by Isbister and nice pass to Deano for the goal. And look who their defenceman was...

---------------------

Carkner can really boot it when he needs to...

Last edited by DashRiprock on Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

65EVERYTHING - Game 2 related - Page 5 Empty Re: EVERYTHING - Game 2 related Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:08 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Please say Redden!

66EVERYTHING - Game 2 related - Page 5 Empty Re: EVERYTHING - Game 2 related Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:09 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Redden... and I'm not just saying that lol.

67EVERYTHING - Game 2 related - Page 5 Empty Re: EVERYTHING - Game 2 related Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:12 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

HA! Wicked...

68EVERYTHING - Game 2 related - Page 5 Empty Re: EVERYTHING - Game 2 related Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:16 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah, two on one, Redden got beat by Isbister's shocking speed for a 6'4" guy.

Glass is playing great, making loads of saves keeping Sens within one late in the 3rd.

Lee is playing great.

69EVERYTHING - Game 2 related - Page 5 Empty Re: EVERYTHING - Game 2 related Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:26 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Bell and Regin were the best players on the ice. Bell had one giveaway, but looked solid and quite impressive offensively. Richardson has to go.

Refs were skeptical again.

70EVERYTHING - Game 2 related - Page 5 Empty Re: EVERYTHING - Game 2 related Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:37 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah, Regin is solid. Great defensively.

71EVERYTHING - Game 2 related - Page 5 Empty Re: EVERYTHING - Game 2 related Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:45 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

2 to 1 loss not bad considering the team we iced.

Kelly and Vermette: please start playing to level you are being payed.

Ruttu :king:

72EVERYTHING - Game 2 related - Page 5 Empty Re: EVERYTHING - Game 2 related Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:56 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Man am I ever glad Mel PVRed that for me to see the end. What the hell was that with Isbister blowing by Redden. Beep beep! Lee was awesome in the 3rd - again, what the hell? LOL.

That's a great end to a game we should've lost 8-1. I like Carkner, Isbister, Zubov, Regin, Glass and Lee's games in the final period. Bell showed some nice flashes too. Demote everyone else on the bubble and let's see them again please.

73EVERYTHING - Game 2 related - Page 5 Empty Re: EVERYTHING - Game 2 related Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:03 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number Twenty Nine wrote:2 to 1 loss not bad considering the team we iced.

Kelly and Vermette: please start playing to level you are being payed.

Ruttu :king:

Man, yeah, Ruutu's just frickin awesome. I had no idea he was a real player before now, seriously.

74EVERYTHING - Game 2 related - Page 5 Empty Re: EVERYTHING - Game 2 related Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:57 pm

You guys all seem to be really high on Lee tonight - any particular reason?
And was Glass tested in the same way Auld was or did the Sens step up while the Rangers backed off?
I noticed, last game, that the Sens were really just working out kinks for the last 20-30 minutes, which is why the Rangers caught up...was it a similar story tonight (more so why the Rangers didn't pull away more)?

wprager wrote:
PKC wrote:Some on-going chats are starting to discuss this topic as well. Might be even more than 7.4 million I believe. I don't understand what's happening right now....

I won't believe it until it's at least an E3.

:D
:lol!:

75EVERYTHING - Game 2 related - Page 5 Empty Re: EVERYTHING - Game 2 related Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:41 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Ruutu knows exactly what to do. Really does make Neil expendable. He hits, mixes it up when need be, and is solid with the puck. He knows to put the puck on net and he actually hits the net. Drives strong and hard to the net.

76EVERYTHING - Game 2 related - Page 5 Empty Re: EVERYTHING - Game 2 related Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:50 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Seriously? Was I one of only a few Sens fans who was incredibly excited that Murray signed Ruutu for 3 years?! I mean, I always knew he was good at what he does, but man oh man, is he EVER fun to watch!

As others have mentioned too, I can't wait to see him in a shootout situation!

77EVERYTHING - Game 2 related - Page 5 Empty Re: EVERYTHING - Game 2 related Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:28 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cash wrote:You guys all seem to be really high on Lee tonight - any particular reason?
And was Glass tested in the same way Auld was or did the Sens step up while the Rangers backed off?
I noticed, last game, that the Sens were really just working out kinks for the last 20-30 minutes, which is why the Rangers caught up...was it a similar story tonight (more so why the Rangers didn't pull away more)?

I watched a lot online, so I didn't get the full perspective, but Lee seemed pretty confident all night long. He was making some very nice tape to tape passes and taking some shots from the blueline. And what we all heard is true, he doesn't have a cannon, but it's a really heavy shot that usually produces some kind of a rebound.

Then as the game went on he started to correct the mistakes he was making culminating in the beautiful play by Carkner who put it through his legs to Lee while battling some nerd along the boards. Instead of trying to be fancy, Lee bounced it off the boards to an in transition Isbister who in turn, blew by Redden and fed McAmmond for the goal. He patrolled the blueline quite well on the PP too. He's going to get better and better as the year goes on.

As for the Sens, they controlled the play in the third. So much so that I thought for sure they'd tie it up, but as you say, with the lineup the Rangers iced, I think they may have been guilty of letting up a little. Guys like Ruutu are invaluable for tight checking games like that where we probably shouldn't be in the game, but are. He gets real fiesty. More so than usual.

Bell apparently played 22 minutes, but I can't recall him making an impact to be honest. Zubov was excellent, so was Regin. Bulk up, play AHL hockey and be ready for the NHL next year.

I also love what Carkner brings to the table, but there just isn't room for him I don't think. Auld was spectacular. I'm annoyed on all the highlight packs that they show the one bad goal and laugh. He was the story of the game. Him and Naslund. Naslund was dancing.

McAmmond looked really good too. It's not these guys fault that Harstburg iced a non-scoring lineup, they needed to grind and they tried for the most part. Vermette could really use a goal or an assist though.

78EVERYTHING - Game 2 related - Page 5 Empty Re: EVERYTHING - Game 2 related Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:33 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DashRiprock wrote:Ruutu knows exactly what to do. Really does make Neil expendable. He hits, mixes it up when need be, and is solid with the puck. He knows to put the puck on net and he actually hits the net. Drives strong and hard to the net.

Don't let Neil get away unless his contract demands are too high.

To quote the MSG announcers:

Nerd One:"Brilliant pick up by Murray, Ruutu brings a lot to the table for the Sens...and they have Chris Neil too."
Nerd Two:"Oh man...this is one tough team to play against, Neil and Ruutu will wreak havoc on opponent's this year."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum