GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Montreal Canadiens @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - Tue. Dec. 8th, 2009 PLUS post game thoughts

+25
LeCaptain
Urkie
SensHulk
Phoenix30
M_Christopher
Hayden
Number Twenty Nine
asq2
garblar
PKC
Hoags
The Silfer Server
TeamRenzo
SeawaySensFan
TheAvatar
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
Sens19
Flo The Action
PTFlea
Riprock
SDH89
caissie_1
shabbs
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 30]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

you think they might give the night to brodeur?

Sens19

Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:you think they might give the night to brodeur?

Call me crazy but I think the Sens will have to go with Elliot on this one. It's the first game back home after a horrible road trip and its against a rival too so it's must win situation really and I don't think they'd want to risk going with the untested back up to the back up goalie

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

I think they should give him some action. Was he Bingo's #1? If so, sucks for him and them, cause it can't be any fun sitting on the bench when you could be playing.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Definitely going to be Elliott.

Ummm, he's getting an NHL paycheck, you think thte guy gives a damn he isnt riding the buses or getting a way smaller paycheck?

Brodure is fine where he is, he was signed to be Bingo's goaltender, right now he's Ottawa's backup. Maybe you give him a game somewhere down the line but not against a team that is breathing down your neck in the standings.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Probably will be Speedle. The time to give him a rest was one of the back-to-back games.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:Ummm, he's getting an NHL paycheck, you think thte guy gives a damn he isnt riding the buses or getting a way smaller paycheck?

Brodure is fine where he is, he was signed to be Bingo's goaltender, right now he's Ottawa's backup. Maybe you give him a game somewhere down the line but not against a team that is breathing down your neck in the standings.

Funny - so does Foligno care if he watches the game from the stands so long as he is getting an NHL paycheck? I thought these guys were professional atheletes that cared about playing and not so much the money.

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

Dash wrote:
N4L wrote:Ummm, he's getting an NHL paycheck, you think thte guy gives a damn he isnt riding the buses or getting a way smaller paycheck?

Funny - so does Foligno care if he watches the game from the stands so long as he is getting an NHL paycheck? I thought these guys were professional atheletes that cared about playing and not so much the money.

I get your point but there's a difference between both players. One was drafted/signed as a NHL player and one as an AHL player. Brodeur is even lucky to be here, and I highly doubt he expected to play much. I know he's rather be playing, but I don't think he's too bothered about sitting and enjoying the ride. He will get a chance to play for sure but 2moro is too important for him

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

Dash wrote:

Not when you're not an NHL goaltender, which Brodure isnt. Im sure my little cousin would love to be playing too, but he wouldnt be complaining if he was the backup on the bench in Ottawa.

He's basically going to make his AHL salary in the month of December playing Ottawa, maybe more.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sens19 wrote:
I get your point but there's a difference between both players. One was drafted/signed as a NHL player and one as an AHL player. Brodeur is even lucky to be here, and I highly doubt he expected to play much. I know he's rather be playing, but I don't think he's too bothered about sitting and enjoying the ride. He will get a chance to play for sure but 2moro is too important for him

That's exactly right. Brodeur probably thought he'd get into one game, but the month is still young. The fact that he suited up in the NHL - even as a backup - is huge. And quite nice from a monetary POV as well.

They clear like $7000 per game as a league min.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

They gotta go with Elliott on this one... after a win to close out that Dung road trip... lines should stay the same too.

shabbs wrote:They gotta go with Elliott on this one... after a win to close out that Dung road trip... lines should stay the same too.

2000% they go with Elliott and 5000% Brodure doenst give a damn.

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

I think we might see Brodeur saturday against the 'Canes.

SDH89 wrote:I think we might see Brodeur saturday against the 'Canes.

Very well could be his start.

If Brodure even thought about caring about being anything other then exactly what everyone in Ottawa tells him to do, he wouldnt even play in The AHL. If he even thought about thinking about caring he would be let go.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:
shabbs wrote:They gotta go with Elliott on this one... after a win to close out that Dung road trip... lines should stay the same too.

2000% they go with Elliott and 5000% Brodure doenst give a damn.

Laughing3 Pretty funny Neely. Pretty funny.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 30]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum