GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: New Jersey Devils @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Sat. Nov. 7th, 2009 plus post game thoughts

+19
Flo The Action
sidstu
davetherave
smash88
Hayden
Hoags
Urkie
caissie_1
Vandelay
asq2
Sens19
The Silfer Server
PTFlea
LeCaptain
strachattack
PKC
Riprock
wprager
shabbs
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 13]

That shootout goal was a LOt like gerber

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Gohan wrote:I don't know what you were watching last season...Campoli was not good. He put up points because he was feeding the cash line. That's about all the good he did. The effects of zero expectations were clearly beneficial for him. Now we see who he really is.

Yeah, exactly, he was feeding the puck to offensive players - with skill. Something we had lacked since the day we traded Corvo - and I thought he was just starting to look nice and comfortable when the season ended. I was expecting great puck-movement from him this year.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Gohan wrote:That shootout goal was a LOt like gerber

That was a huge shot by Sullivan. Very quick release, a bit unexpected. If anything, Leclaire could have come out more, but that was an awesome shot.

And then Kovalev's was even better. Backhand bottle-popper.

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie

wprager--Kovalev-I hope you are joking--the guy only works when he wants to--he has the life let me tell you--200k a month and he decides when its time to work--how many goals does he have--thats the only good move gainey did was tell him take a walk

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

sidstu wrote:wprager--Kovalev-I hope you are joking--the guy only works when he wants to--he has the life let me tell you--200k a month and he decides when its time to work--how many goals does he have--thats the only good move gainey did was tell him take a walk

What does that have to do with the shootout.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
That was a huge shot by Sullivan. Very quick release, a bit unexpected. If anything, Leclaire could have come out more, but that was an awesome shot.

And then Kovalev's was even better. Backhand bottle-popper.

That bottle-popper made me happy. Smile

Yeah I think I was a little too harsh on Leclaire. He made some great saves and that shootout goal was a great shot. Still, the Gerber goals have to stop.

btw, nice math sid. How long is the NHL season where you're from? Looks like about 25 months...

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie

marakh--i have no idea what you are asking--the guy only works when he wants to so wow he scores in a shootout and lets praise him now--he doesn't deserve 2 cents let alone 200k a month the way he plays hockey

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

sidstu wrote:marakh--i have no idea what you are asking--the guy only works when he wants to so wow he scores in a shootout and lets praise him now--he doesn't deserve 2 cents let alone 200k a month the way he plays hockey

Prags said his SO goal was great, yet your conclusion is he is praising Kovalev's overall game. Do you find that logical?

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie

he doesn't even deserve a cooment--he is an embarassment to the game of hockey--thats what i'm saying

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sidstu wrote:he doesn't even deserve a cooment--he is an embarassment to the game of hockey--thats what i'm saying

Oh, I don't know about that. As much as I've complained about Kovalev, I've also been very impressed. It depends on if things go right for him it appears. Sometimes he's got the puck and no one's taking it away, sometimes he gives the puck up right away and floats back to get it.

Luckily we only have him for 2 years, but at the same time, as a hired gun (that means the shootout as well), he's quite useful. And I still don't think we've seen the Kovalev that can score 80+ points.

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie

80 points--he has been in the league for 17 years i believe and he only got 80 points 2 or 3 times ands thats with the glory years in pittsberg

whatever--he is a guy that only works when he wants to--

he is probably the most overrated hockey player in the league--he is the defintion of the ""what could be or what if" arguement

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Gohan wrote:Yeah I think I was a little too harsh on Leclaire. He made some great saves and that shootout goal was a great shot. Still, the Gerber goals have to stop.

btw, nice math sid. How long is the NHL season where you're from? Looks like about 25 months...
Interesting to note, that at $5M/season, Kovalev is making $60,975.61 per game.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sidstu wrote:80 points--he has been in the league for 17 years i believe and he only got 80 points 2 or 3 times ands thats with the glory years in pittsberg

he is probably the most overrated hockey player in the league--he is the defintion of the ""what could be or what if" arguement

Didn't he have 85 points for Montreal the year before last?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:
sidstu wrote:80 points--he has been in the league for 17 years i believe and he only got 80 points 2 or 3 times ands thats with the glory years in pittsberg

Didn't he have 85 points for Montreal the year before last?
84 points (35 goals, 49 assists) in 2007/08.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/players/stats?playerId=475

How quickly they forget eh?

Wink

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, apparently.

sidstu wrote:he doesn't even deserve a cooment--he is an embarassment to the game of hockey--thats what i'm saying

Are you related to N4L? He isn't around today because he is dealing with his diabeeties...

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie

shabbs--you can spin whatever you want ---the problem is i didn't forget b/c if i forgot maybe i would relax on him a little--like i said he only 80 plus points 2 or 3 times in his 17 years in the NHL--he is the most overrated player in the league and 60k a game is 60k to much for him

amd by the way your own radio brodcasters were saying that about him yesterday after the game--how do i know this--1) i was at the game and 2) i was also listening to the radio

his agent is a genious to be able to get him that mcuh money

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum