GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Pittsburgh Penguins @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - Mon. Oct. 12th, 2009

+26
Sp00nz
SensFan71
dennycrane
SDH89
beerandsens
caissie_1
Sens19
smash88
spader
garblar
Vandelay
Hoags
asq2
Hockeyhero22000
Tuk Tuk
Cap'n Clutch
KidKarlsson
Flo The Action
LeCaptain
LethalLehner
wprager
PKC
Bramlet07
PTFlea
shabbs
30 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 21]

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Spezza with those 2 big dudes look absolutely awesome. You put Regin with Kovalev and Alfredsson, and keep the FFS line together. That`s what I suggest.

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

SDH89 wrote:Not quite understanding some of the negativity from the fans at the rink tonight. I thought we could have easily won this game if some of the bounces had gone our way. Not one of Pittsburgh's goals were created by their skill, they were all fluky bounces (besides the 3rd.) We were moving our feet for the most part and created several chances for ourselves. Loved Michalek's game, he looks more comfortable having Cheech on his line. By no means was this a 4-1 game, and I feel pretty confident with this team after watching this "measuring stick" game.

I agree 100% with you. They had two fluke bounces and two mistakes on our part. That's it. However, I have to say, I was not impressed with Campoli at all. This guy has to get his Donkey in gear soon or he's going to find himself riding the pine. He was -3 tonight, and I can't remember any offensive play so far this year where I said "great play by Campoli". At least Karlsson is making stretch passes and trying to find open guys who are going in with speed.

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:Spezza with those 2 big dudes look absolutely awesome. You put Regin with Kovalev and Alfredsson, and keep the FFS line together. That`s what I suggest.

Absolutely. I'm certain when I say this, Cheechoo just needs to score 1 goal...what measly pathetic goal and the floodgates are going to open for this guy. He's tenacious on the forecheck, his work along the boards is phenomenal, he's getting into the dirty areas in the offensive zone and he's looking more and more like a scoring threat every time out. Sometimes as a goal scorer, you need just that one goal to go in to get that feeling back. Once he gets that monkey off his back, watch out.

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

I agree 100% with you. They had two fluke bounces and two mistakes on our part. That's it. However, I have to say, I was not impressed with Campoli at all. This guy has to get his Donkey in gear soon or he's going to find himself riding the pine. He was -3 tonight, and I can't remember any offensive play so far this year where I said "great play by Campoli". At least Karlsson is making stretch passes and trying to find open guys who are going in with speed.[/quote]

Agreed, Campoli was for sure the worst Sen on the ice tonight. I was actually very impressed with him when he came over last year as he did very well on the PP. Let's hope he steps it up, because he's definately in line for a benching when Kuba returns. Hard to justify giving up a 1st round pick for Campoli when he's sitting on the press box.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:Let`s get things clear here. I`m not judging Karlsson by any means. The mistakes he's made the last games, I expected them.
I'm not saying send Karlsson to BIngo, but IMO that's what Sens management will do, because the other 2 have one way contracts...
Karlsson have made quite a few mistakes tonight though, and he lost many battles along the board.

It's a big adjustment.

Different rink size, different speed of game, better opponents than he's ever faced, more physical opponents than he's ever faced, etc. I think, by the mid-way point of the season, he'd be adjusted and the offensive game would come through, which would as a side effect improve his defensive game.

But, I think putting him in Bingo is worth it to save a year on the rookie deal, and to get him used to the NA ice-surface, NA physicality, and NA schedule. Let him come back next season at 185lbs or so with that experience, and he'll be fine.

asq2 wrote:
marakh wrote:Let`s get things clear here. I`m not judging Karlsson by any means. The mistakes he's made the last games, I expected them.
I'm not saying send Karlsson to BIngo, but IMO that's what Sens management will do, because the other 2 have one way contracts...
Karlsson have made quite a few mistakes tonight though, and he lost many battles along the board.

It's a big adjustment.

Different rink size, different speed of game, better opponents than he's ever faced, more physical opponents than he's ever faced, etc. I think, by the mid-way point of the season, he'd be adjusted and the offensive game would come through, which would as a side effect improve his defensive game.

But, I think putting him in Bingo is worth it to save a year on the rookie deal, and to get him used to the NA ice-surface, NA physicality, and NA schedule. Let him come back next season at 185lbs or so with that experience, and he'll be fine.
It would still count as a year of service, it would not save anything on his ELC (other than Eugene's money).

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

RobbyJ wrote:
asq2 wrote:

It's a big adjustment.

It would still count as a year of service, it would not save anything on his ELC (other than Eugene's money).

He hasn't played enough games yet for his ELC to be in effect.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

RobbyJ wrote:
asq2 wrote:

It's a big adjustment.

I'm pretty sure he has to play 10 games in the NHL first.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:Get that pile of Dung out of there. What a fuckin loser that guy is...Karlsson doesn't deserve to have a single one of those minuses...give them all to that idiot Campoli.

Yeah, putting him out with someone who won't cover up for him but for whom he'll have to cover up is not the smartest way to go.

asq2 wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:
asq2 wrote:

It's a big adjustment.

I don't think that matters, if he plays in the AHL it is still a year played under his contract.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:

Right you are asq:

(d) (i) In the event that an 18 year old or 19 year old Player signs an SPC
with a Club but does not play at least ten (10) NHL Games in the first season under that
SPC, the term of his SPC and his number of years in the Entry Level System shall be
extended for a period of one (1) year, except that this automatic extension will not apply
to a Player who is 19 according to Section 9.2 by virtue of turning 20 between September
16 and December 31 in the year in which he first signs an SPC.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

RobbyJ wrote:
asq2 wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:
asq2 wrote:

It's a big adjustment.

I don't think that matters, if he plays in the AHL it is still a year played under his contract.

The AHL doesn't matter to NHL contracts, you're talking about two completely different leagues.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:
PKC wrote:Get that pile of Dung out of there. What a fuckin loser that guy is...Karlsson doesn't deserve to have a single one of those minuses...give them all to that idiot Campoli.

Yeah, putting him out with someone who won't cover up for him but for whom he'll have to cover up is not the smartest way to go.

I can't even begin to understand how bad Campoli has been. He hasn't been involved in the offense at all, his defensive play has been miserable (which is almost a compliment because I don't believe there is a negative enough word in the language to describe his poor play) and he seems to be getting roughed up by the third and fourth liners of the other teams when he should be using his skill to expose them.

PKC wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:
asq2 wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:
asq2 wrote:

It's a big adjustment.

The AHL doesn't matter to NHL contracts, you're talking about two completely different leagues.
It is the same contract. This year will eat a year of his ELC if he plays in the NHL or AHL.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

RobbyJ wrote:
It is the same contract. This year will eat a year of his ELC if he plays in the NHL or AHL.

He has to play at least 10 games in the NHL for his ELC to count. It technically counts, but if he doesn't play more than 10 NHL games, then they automatically extend his ELC by one year.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:
asq2 wrote:

I can't even begin to understand how bad Campoli has been. He hasn't been involved in the offense at all, his defensive play has been miserable (which is almost a compliment because I don't believe there is a negative enough word in the language to describe his poor play) and he seems to be getting roughed up by the third and fourth liners of the other teams when he should be using his skill to expose them.

Leafs'-calibre.

Good Lord they've been terrible. 0-4-1, 12 goals for and 24 goals against. And Burkie said in an interview on Sportsnet that he felt he had the best blue-line 1 through 6 in the NHL. GAME DAY: Pittsburgh Penguins @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - Mon. Oct. 12th, 2009 - Page 11 668437

Hardly surprising, though, given they traded Kubina (a top-pairing d-man for them), Stralman (their best offensive defenceman prospect), Stapleton and a third and seventh (in 2012, granted) for Garnet Exelby (barely AHL calibre last season), Wayne Primeau (dime-per-dozen) and a 2nd round pick in 2011 (the shallowest draft in recent memory).

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Granted, I thought they'd be pretty good this season.

Hindsight is 20/20.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Watched the game.

Good:
Michalek-Spezza-Cheechoo looked promising. Please keep this line (for now at least). Cheechoo's best game in a Sens uniform by far.
Alfie's line had an off night, one of the worst games for #11 in memory.
3rd and 4th lines seemed to be doing good.
I thought Pascal was pretty good, some freaky bounces he got there.

The bad:
Campoli GAME DAY: Pittsburgh Penguins @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - Mon. Oct. 12th, 2009 - Page 11 812636 Our defence in general worries me
Karlsson, he's a talented kid but he looks like a fish out of water out there
The power play ... do they even practice it ?
Bad bounces ... sounds like karma for the luck we had so far.

Overall I was happy with the effort, we need to keep working on the offensive chemistry and do something about some of the numbskulls we got on our defence.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 21]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum