GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

When does Elliot get his first start? (answer Saturday vs Atlanta)

+12
beerandsens
Tuk Tuk
SensFan71
dennycrane
SeawaySensFan
beedub
Hoags
wprager
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
spader
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Any ideas? I love that, in the two games played, Leclaire has gotten better. Of course, I realize the peril in using two games to establish any sort of baseline.

Either way, when do you think Elliot gets his first start and does anyone have any predictions on the split?

60/22? 58/24?

If Leclaire is playing well, I'd like to see him get a chance to run with it. In that case, I would think the 2nd half of a back to back is a good bet for Elliott.

I would guess either Saturday or Monday.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I'd like to see Leclaire get a couple more starts in a row and then bring Elliott in. Mainly because it's been sooooo long since Leclaire has played a real NHL game and the team seems to still be finding itself and getting comfortable in front of Leclaire.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:If Leclaire is playing well, I'd like to see him get a chance to run with it. In that case, I would think the 2nd half of a back to back is a good bet for Elliott.

I'm with you. If Leclaire is playing well then Elliott will warm the bench until there's a back to back situation.

It's not like we can say Elliott will get the weaker competition because as it is now we're considered one of the weak teams in the NHL.

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
hemlock wrote:If Leclaire is playing well, I'd like to see him get a chance to run with it. In that case, I would think the 2nd half of a back to back is a good bet for Elliott.

I'm with you. If Leclaire is playing well then Elliott will warm the bench until there's a back to back situation.

It's not like we can say Elliott will get the weaker competition because as it is now we're considered one of the weak teams in the NHL.
I agree that Pascal should be allowed to run with it for a while. Our first back to back is not until Oct 28th/29th... 8 games away... so we could see Leclaire get the start for the first 10 games and then Elliott get the start on the 29th. We'll see.

shabbs wrote:I'd like to see Leclaire get a couple more starts in a row and then bring Elliott in. Mainly because it's been sooooo long since Leclaire has played a real NHL game and the team seems to still be finding itself and getting comfortable in front of Leclaire.

I agree. I say let Leclaire run with it.

I think last night's win does more than add a 1 to the win column. The Sens outgrinded a grinding team on the road with a couple key players out of the lineup. While it's obviously great to get the first win out of the way, I think what was more important is that the Sens defence won them the game. I can't remember the last time this has happened. Even with Redden, Chara, Philips, Volch, etc back in the day, I can't remember the last time a Sens goalie looked so calm in nets and held on to a 2-1 lead. Keep Leclaire in nets. This will make the rest of the team feel confident that if they make a mistake they have a solid goalie to make a key save.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:Any ideas? I love that, in the two games played, Leclaire has gotten better. Of course, I realize the peril in using two games to establish any sort of baseline.

Either way, when do you think Elliot gets his first start and does anyone have any predictions on the split?

60/22? 58/24?

I'll say 60/22 (if Leclaire stays healthy obviously). Maybe even 65/17 - which is NOT a knock on Elliott, just a testament to Leclaire and the fact that he was acquired to be the top dog for now - and he's good (witness last night).

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I agree SpezD. If Leclaire can stay healthy and continue improving, he gets a minimum of 60 starts.

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I agree SpezD. If Leclaire can stay healthy and continue improving, he gets a minimum of 60 starts.

For sure. I'm cautiously optimistic, but he was amazing in the 1st period of the Rangers game and he'd probably tell you that while the Dubinsky shot was perfect, if you give him another couple of games, he'll have a better line on it.

And he was rock solid last night. Lovely.

dont be asking a question like this because fairly soon you will be asking, "when is Leclaire coming back off the IR?"
leclaire played great last night. he is a good goalie, but not someone you can rest you hopes on as he will let you down not with his play, but his health. you need 2 starting goalies if leclaire is one of them. luckily for you guys elliott is ok, but not the best yet.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

cloverleaf wrote:dont be asking a question like this because fairly soon you will be asking, "when is Leclaire coming back off the IR?"
leclaire played great last night. he is a good goalie, but not someone you can rest you hopes on as he will let you down not with his play, but his health. you need 2 starting goalies if leclaire is one of them. luckily for you guys elliott is ok, but not the best yet.

Troll alert!

Seriously, clover, stop. If he gets injured, he gets injured. A better qustion for you to ask is where can the Leafs find a backup for Gustavsson? Toskala's injury might be in his head, which is harder to fix.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Let's hope we don't pull a Kiprusoff on Leclaire and play him for 76 games (assuming he plays real well this season which is looking likely).

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:Let's hope we don't pull a Kiprusoff on Leclaire and play him for 76 games (assuming he plays real well this season which is looking likely).

I don't think so personally. 65 tops, maybe 70, but that's too much when you have a legitimately talented backup who the coach knows very well and loves.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I think 65 is overly optimistic. Even if he doesn't get injured, he has not been through the grind of a regular season in a while.

Last edited by wprager on Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum