GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Elliot to start vs. the Canes

+2
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Elliot to start vs. the Canes Empty Elliot to start vs. the Canes Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:40 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Not really a big surprise.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/01/12/sens_elliott_canes/

- Unknown Author

2Elliot to start vs. the Canes Empty Re: Elliot to start vs. the Canes Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:49 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There has been speculation that Martin Gerber will be placed on waivers, but Murray said he would likely not place anybody on the waiver wire until after Wednesday's game in Atlanta.

He must be waiting to have speaks with Donny Waddell.

3Elliot to start vs. the Canes Empty Re: Elliot to start vs. the Canes Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:55 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

At least we have something to look forward to. He's the only positive on the team right now.

When does Hartsburg get the boot and Gerbs get the waive? I thought it would've happened after this morning's meeting...

4Elliot to start vs. the Canes Empty Re: Elliot to start vs. the Canes Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:15 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This is getting old. I'll believe it when I see it. All this talk of something will happen after this and so on and so on and nothing ever happens.

- Unknown Author

5Elliot to start vs. the Canes Empty Re: Elliot to start vs. the Canes Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:28 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

Poor, poor Brian Elliot.

Just when the guy is riding high, playing great and winning accolades and awards in Bingo, we suck him up here into a pit of ineptitude, bad attitudes and general malaise that is sure to suck the spirit and the life right out of him. Maybe he'll spend an afternoon with Jason Spezza and let in 24 goals tomorrow night.

6Elliot to start vs. the Canes Empty Re: Elliot to start vs. the Canes Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:06 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He'll be fine. He was probably lickin' his chops down in Bingo when he watched the Sens colapsing on themselves.

- Unknown Author

7Elliot to start vs. the Canes Empty Re: Elliot to start vs. the Canes Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:18 pm

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

beedub wrote:Poor, poor Brian Elliot.

Just when the guy is riding high, playing great and winning accolades and awards in Bingo, we suck him up here into a pit of ineptitude, bad attitudes and general malaise that is sure to suck the spirit and the life right out of him. Maybe he'll spend an afternoon with Jason Spezza and let in 24 goals tomorrow night.

I am sure Elliot would rather play for a crappy team in the NHL then a great team in the AHL.

Pretty sure his salary would jump as well

8Elliot to start vs. the Canes Empty Re: Elliot to start vs. the Canes Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:30 pm

This is what Elliott wants, doesnt matter if its on a last place team or a first place team. He deserves it, and the Sens are going to evaluate exactly where this organization is in terms of goaltending, defense (like we dont know) and up front.

Good for Elliott, I hope he can run with this ball and at least give the Sens and all the fans piece of mind going into next year that we have a goaltender.

9Elliot to start vs. the Canes Empty Re: Elliot to start vs. the Canes Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:57 pm

Is about time they bring one up from the ranks ...

Elliott only played one game before in the NHL. I dun understand why they didn't gradually get him some games, or at least backup NHL experience.

If elliott does blossom this way, he is indeed a superstar ...

Murray system destroys yet another player! lol

10Elliot to start vs. the Canes Empty Re: Elliot to start vs. the Canes Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:24 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Elliot to start vs. the Canes Elliott_brian_courtesy_400

So that's what he looks like...

11Elliot to start vs. the Canes Empty Re: Elliot to start vs. the Canes Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:43 am

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

I look forward to seeing Elliot in action tonight.

12Elliot to start vs. the Canes Empty Re: Elliot to start vs. the Canes Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:45 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

beedub wrote:I look forward to seeing Elliot in action tonight.

Me too bud. Not much else to get excited about really.

He played OK on Saturday but was only really tested on a couple of shots. He only had one big moment in the game when he stopped Prucha on a breakaway. It'll be nice to see him get really tested.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum