GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Toronto WAY over the cap?

+3
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
spader
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Toronto WAY over the cap? - Page 2 Empty Re: Toronto WAY over the cap? Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:02 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:
And no draft picks. Burke is an absolute moron. He better keep signing college kids and praying to himself they work out.

He signed the equivalent of 5 draft picks out of college though and he'll have space to use. It's not all doom and gloom there.

17Toronto WAY over the cap? - Page 2 Empty Re: Toronto WAY over the cap? Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:03 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:Goodness...out with the trash, in with the cap space. Toronto WAY over the cap? - Page 2 126683 Toronto WAY over the cap? - Page 2 259758
Didn't they do that already though? They had a huge amount of cap space at the start and now find themselves in a cap crunch situation with a roster that is not all that stellar for the money spent.

It boggles the mind.

Yet... Burke is a GENIUS!

18Toronto WAY over the cap? - Page 2 Empty Re: Toronto WAY over the cap? Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:10 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Didn't they do that already though? They had a huge amount of cap space at the start and now find themselves in a cap crunch situation with a roster that is not all that stellar for the money spent.

It boggles the mind.

Yet... Burke is a GENIUS!

Not really, no. They got rid of Kubina for nothing (dumb), then revamped their disgustingly bad D. Now, next is getting rid of all the useless garbage they'd acquired over the years and replacing them with either prospects or signing some solid players next summer to go with Kadri, Bozak and Kessel. I hate defending Burke, he's a tool, but guaranteed he knows what he's doing here.

19Toronto WAY over the cap? - Page 2 Empty Re: Toronto WAY over the cap? Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:58 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
N4L wrote:
And no draft picks. Burke is an absolute moron. He better keep signing college kids and praying to himself they work out.

He signed the equivalent of 5 draft picks out of college though and he'll have space to use. It's not all doom and gloom there.

it's pretty close to it, plus he burned 3 draft picks on Kessel, who from a few guys I have talked to could be another Heatley in the making (that might be a bit harsh), but he is another me first player, not team first.

20Toronto WAY over the cap? - Page 2 Empty Re: Toronto WAY over the cap? Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:00 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
N4L wrote:

A bunch of 3rd and 4th roudners sure... good luck with that.

21Toronto WAY over the cap? - Page 2 Empty Re: Toronto WAY over the cap? Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:20 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SensFan71 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
N4L wrote:

it's pretty close to it, plus he burned 3 draft picks on Kessel, who from a few guys I have talked to could be another Heatley in the making (that might be a bit harsh), but he is another me first player, not team first.
Aren't all one-dimensional snipers like that though? They're all selfish, me-first type of guys. The Terell Owens'/Plaxico Burress' of the NHL.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum