GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Burke about to join Toronto

+7
wprager
jamvan
towelie112
asq2
shabbs
mattshock
PKC
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Burke about to join Toronto Empty Burke about to join Toronto Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:23 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

According to Sun Media's Steve Simmons, the Toronto Maple Leafs and Brian Burke are a few fine points and a signature away from hiring him on as their next president and general manager.

An announcement is NOT expected before the weekend; however, TSN is reporting that the contract will be for around 6 years.

More to come.

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Hockey/2008/11/25/7530801.html

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=257272&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_main

2Burke about to join Toronto Empty Re: Burke about to join Toronto Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:41 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

"More to come."

Oh how that line makes me shake my head. You know who you sound like right? :lol!:

This is getting up there with Sundin in the "lets get this over with" category.

3Burke about to join Toronto Empty Re: Burke about to join Toronto Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:09 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah, Kypreos let it slip that it will be for 6 years tonight on Prime Time. Sounds like everything is in place apart from a few small details.

4Burke about to join Toronto Empty Re: Burke about to join Toronto Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:28 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Hardly a surprise.

I just hope the Leafs know what they're getting into.

5Burke about to join Toronto Empty Re: Burke about to join Toronto Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:36 pm

towelie112

towelie112
Rookie
Rookie

I heard that the Leafs are calling for a press conference tomorrow.

6Burke about to join Toronto Empty Re: Burke about to join Toronto Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:08 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

No surprise there. I'm also hearing they are trying to pry JayBo from Florida, just so we don't get him. Argh!!! I hate the Leafs. We better smoke them Thursday.

7Burke about to join Toronto Empty Re: Burke about to join Toronto Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:20 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

asq2 wrote:Hardly a surprise.

I just hope the Leafs know what they're getting into.

If they did, they would have had a cup or two since '67 by now.

8Burke about to join Toronto Empty Re: Burke about to join Toronto Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:56 pm

I hate that franchise with the intsensity of a thousand suns. Oh Brian Burke signed on? Ok...two thousand suns.

He may have some success for a year or two, but he'll do what he always does and rape the future for a shot at his glory. What does he care after he is gone. Look at the state he left Vancouver and Anaheim's futures in.

9Burke about to join Toronto Empty Re: Burke about to join Toronto Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:52 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:No surprise there. I'm also hearing they are trying to pry JayBo from Florida, just so we don't get him. Argh!!! I hate the Leafs. We better smoke them Thursday.

This wouldn't shock me in the least; however, Murray is NOT one to put all his eggs in one basket and with his excellent use of smokescreens, if the Sens miss out on Jay Bow, you can be certain Murray has a plan B and C ready to go at a moments notice.

10Burke about to join Toronto Empty Re: Burke about to join Toronto Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:07 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

<---- Huge Murray fan!

I've got faith in this guy, even now that times are low.

11Burke about to join Toronto Empty Re: Burke about to join Toronto Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:23 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

oh yeah, I hear ya Matt.

Of all the things I like about Murray, one of them is that he will not under ANY circumstances either make a panic trade or show his cards until he knows it will be beneficial to him and the org.

Take for instance if Fletcher tries to make the dirty play of snagging Jay Bow so WE can't (or rather Burke for that matter), I know for a fact that he will have a trade that will bring in something close to equal of Jay Bow's quality.

12Burke about to join Toronto Empty Re: Burke about to join Toronto Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:38 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

This is great news. After Dung all over the ANA franchise, he's coming to TO to do the same. The TO farm will be even more barren once he's done with it. Seriously, when's the last time Burke ever build up a franchise? 6 years of going in the wrong direction??? Beauty!

13Burke about to join Toronto Empty Re: Burke about to join Toronto Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:05 am

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

Cronenbergfan wrote:
jamvan wrote:No surprise there. I'm also hearing they are trying to pry JayBo from Florida, just so we don't get him. Argh!!! I hate the Leafs. We better smoke them Thursday.

This wouldn't shock me in the least; however, Murray is NOT one to put all his eggs in one basket and with his excellent use of smokescreens, if the Sens miss out on Jay Bow, you can be certain Murray has a plan B and C ready to go at a moments notice.

perhaps your right...but plan B being Ohlund and plan C being Aucoin just don't sit well with me at all...

unless you have others in mind? Barker would have been a nice grab when he went through waivers...why the hell didn't we snag him?

14Burke about to join Toronto Empty Re: Burke about to join Toronto Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:55 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Well the good news is if anyone notable does get waived (not Belak), we'll be near the front of the line for claims!

15Burke about to join Toronto Empty Re: Burke about to join Toronto Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:14 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

COLLAR UP wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:

perhaps your right...but plan B being Ohlund and plan C being Aucoin just don't sit well with me at all...

unless you have others in mind? Barker would have been a nice grab when he went through waivers...why the hell didn't we snag him?

I have NO answer on that one. I would LOVE to know what Murray's reasoning on letting Barker slip through was...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum