GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Burke about to join Toronto

+7
wprager
jamvan
towelie112
asq2
shabbs
mattshock
PKC
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Burke about to join Toronto - Page 2 Empty Re: Burke about to join Toronto Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:05 am

COLLAR UP

Rookie
Rookie

Cronenbergfan wrote:
jamvan wrote:No surprise there. I'm also hearing they are trying to pry JayBo from Florida, just so we don't get him. Argh!!! I hate the Leafs. We better smoke them Thursday.

This wouldn't shock me in the least; however, Murray is NOT one to put all his eggs in one basket and with his excellent use of smokescreens, if the Sens miss out on Jay Bow, you can be certain Murray has a plan B and C ready to go at a moments notice.

perhaps your right...but plan B being Ohlund and plan C being Aucoin just don't sit well with me at all...

unless you have others in mind? Barker would have been a nice grab when he went through waivers...why the hell didn't we snag him?

17Burke about to join Toronto - Page 2 Empty Re: Burke about to join Toronto Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:55 am

mattshock

Veteran
Veteran

Well the good news is if anyone notable does get waived (not Belak), we'll be near the front of the line for claims!

18Burke about to join Toronto - Page 2 Empty Re: Burke about to join Toronto Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:14 am

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

COLLAR UP wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:
jamvan wrote:No surprise there. I'm also hearing they are trying to pry JayBo from Florida, just so we don't get him. Argh!!! I hate the Leafs. We better smoke them Thursday.

This wouldn't shock me in the least; however, Murray is NOT one to put all his eggs in one basket and with his excellent use of smokescreens, if the Sens miss out on Jay Bow, you can be certain Murray has a plan B and C ready to go at a moments notice.

perhaps your right...but plan B being Ohlund and plan C being Aucoin just don't sit well with me at all...

unless you have others in mind? Barker would have been a nice grab when he went through waivers...why the hell didn't we snag him?

I have NO answer on that one. I would LOVE to know what Murray's reasoning on letting Barker slip through was...

19Burke about to join Toronto - Page 2 Empty Re: Burke about to join Toronto Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:15 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Barker didn't need to clear. I can't remember why, age, number of NHL games played. He was assigned to the AHL.

20Burke about to join Toronto - Page 2 Empty Re: Burke about to join Toronto Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:49 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

COLLAR UP wrote:

Man, I've answered this question like 5 times now...

2 words: WAIVER EXEMPT. Same reason Zubov didn't have to clear waivers when we sent him down.

21Burke about to join Toronto - Page 2 Empty Re: Burke about to join Toronto Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:19 pm

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

rooneypoo wrote:
COLLAR UP wrote:

2 words: WAIVER EXEMPT. Same reason Zubov didn't have to clear waivers when we sent him down.

wow...relax Rooney...maybe I hadn't seen your like 4 other posts...

but thanks for clearing that up...

22Burke about to join Toronto - Page 2 Empty Re: Burke about to join Toronto Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:07 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

COLLAR UP wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
COLLAR UP wrote:

Sorry man, I'm marking 1st-year undergrad papers for my English class right now... that's enough to put anyone on edge!

23Burke about to join Toronto - Page 2 Empty Re: Burke about to join Toronto Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:14 pm

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

rooneypoo wrote:
COLLAR UP wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
COLLAR UP wrote:

Sorry man, I'm marking 1st-year undergrad papers for my English class right now... that's enough to put anyone on edge!

no apology needed...but thanks!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum