GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's on your PVR (or at least on your viewing schedule)?

+7
SensFan71
Snuh
Cap'n Clutch
beedub
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
wprager
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Now that the new Fall season is upon us, what is occupying your viewing time -- the times in between hockey games, that is?

I thought Monday nights would be murder-mystery nights, with Castle or, perhaps, action-adventure night with Heroes. But after watching Chuck Liddel (UFC champ) dancing the Fox Trot I'm thinking it will be comedy night.

Seriously, though, my favorite returning show has to be Fringe. Last week's premiere did not disappoint. The Office and Parks&Recreation were pretty good (if you get a chance, check out the "parkour" opening for The Office) but I've been spoiled to expect better from The Office. 30 Rock will rock, of course, but I'm not so sure about the new NBC sit-com, Community. It was OK, but I've seen better.

As for new shows, I can't wait to see what Flash Forward has to offer. I love Lost and Fringe; was a huge X-Files fan in the early seasons (but watched to the bitter end), so it's no surprise that I'm excited about a new sci-fi-bordering-on-fantasy show. I am also eagerly anticipating V (has it been picked up by a Canadian network?)

Some other returning shows will grace my PVR's "Recorded Shows" list once they are back -- Lost, Chuck, Better Off Ted. Other shows aren't even worthy anymore, but we keep watching out of some misplaced sense of loyalty. Maybe hoping for a return to previously attained excellence -- kinda like Cheechooo. I won't bother mentioning them here -- Dancing with the Stars is embarassing enough.

So, what's on your viewing schedule?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, and here's the "parkour" opening from The Office:

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Me and my wife mostly watch Food Network and other foodie-type shows. Currently following Top Chef. Apart from Hockey, we don't really watch any other shows, except for a few reality shows which I avoid like the plague.

She's trying to get me to watch Battle of the Blades with her, I'm working on an escape route What's on your PVR (or at least on your viewing schedule)? 50327

Yes we have pretty unusual tastes What's on your PVR (or at least on your viewing schedule)? 668437

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Senators hockey ( I miss live games from time to time because of son's hockey )

Gold Trails and Ghost Towns

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

I have to add House. I watched the premiere last night (no televised hockey). I liked it

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Other than Hockey I usually have a healthy dose of the following shows on my PVR:

House
Lie to me
Who's line is it anyway
Outer Limits

As far as other shows I watch they're all cartoons such as Futurama (Can't wait for the new shows to come out in 2011 I think?), Family Guy, American Dad and Simpsons.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

beedub wrote:I have to add House. I watched the premiere last night (no televised hockey). I liked it

It was freakin' hilarious at some points.

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:Me and my wife mostly watch Food Network and other foodie-type shows. Currently following Top Chef. Apart from Hockey, we don't really watch any other shows, except for a few reality shows which I avoid like the plague.

She's trying to get me to watch Battle of the Blades with her, I'm working on an escape route What's on your PVR (or at least on your viewing schedule)? 50327

Yes we have pretty unusual tastes What's on your PVR (or at least on your viewing schedule)? 668437

Well, Iron Chef's Mark Dacascos is on Dancing with the Stars. And he was pretty good, so he should stick around. DWTS is a lot like BotB, just with (most likely) better production quality (really looks good in HD) and great visuals (where's the "raises eyebrows" smiley!!!)

Snuh

Snuh
Rookie
Rookie

Recorded the Deadliest Catch marathon on the PVR on Sunday. I don't know what it is about that show, but I love it!

Looking forward to the season premier of Dexter! Other shows that will fill the PVR this season are:
- Weeds
- The Office
- Parks and Recreation
- Entourage
- LOST (No idea when it starts. Probably in the new year)
- 30 Rock

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:Curb Your Enthusiasm

Senators hockey ( I miss live games from time to time because of son's hockey )

Gold Trails and Ghost Towns

Is Curb on HBO or does CTV still carry it? Funny thing, as much as I liked Seinfeld, I tried watching Curb a few times and just couldn't stick with it.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

no PVR, or it would be loaded up with Ottawa games to keep me going throughout the summer What's on your PVR (or at least on your viewing schedule)? 668437

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

My PVR is hilarious and usually pretty danm full...

For our daughter:
- Dora The Explorer
- Backyardigans
- Max and Ruby

For my wife:
- Young and the Restless
- Coronation Street

For me:
- SportsCentre
- Hockeycentral at Noon

For both of us:
- Law & Order UK
- House
- How I Met Your Mother
- Two and a Half Men
- The Big Bang Theory
- CSI: Miami
- NCIS
- NCIS: Los Angeles
- Criminal Minds
- Bones
- CSI: Crime Scene
- The Mentalist
- Numbers
- Law & Order

Without a PVR... that would be impossible. A few of those shows are on notice though... if they don't get interesting... they'll be punted.

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

wprager wrote:

Is Curb on HBO or does CTV still carry it? Funny thing, as much as I liked Seinfeld, I tried watching Curb a few times and just couldn't stick with it.

My advice, keep trying... You'll get hooked. I started off the same way- as a HUGE seinfeld fan, but just couldn't give the time of day for Curb.

Curb is like a more realistic version of Seinfeld, in which there's a bunch of little storylines in an episode and they all come back and bite Larry in the end.

The season opener was hilarious... Apparently this season he's attempting to bring back the cast of Seinfeld. Should be great.

My shows are:
Lost
Entourage
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Californication
Rescue Me
Eastbound and Down

I'm big on the cooking shows too- Top Chef is shaping up to be great. WAY better than Hell's Kitchen.

And of course, I don't miss a sens game.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:My PVR is hilarious and usually pretty danm full...

For our daughter:
- Dora The Explorer
- Backyardigans
- Max and Ruby

For my wife:
- Young and the Restless
- Coronation Street

For me:
- SportsCentre
- Hockeycentral at Noon

For both of us:
- Law & Order UK
- House
- How I Met Your Mother
- Two and a Half Men
- The Big Bang Theory
- NCIS
- NCIS: Los Angeles
- Criminal Minds
- Bones
- The Mentalist
- Numbers
- Law & Order

Without a PVR... that would be impossible. A few of those shows are on notice though... if they don't get interesting... they'll be punted.

I would put CSI Miami in that category based on their premiere, I have high hopes for Criminal Minds though Wednesday.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SensFan71 wrote:I would put CSI Miami in that category based on their premiere, I have high hopes for Criminal Minds though Wednesday.
Yeah, that was apretty sappy premiere...

For me, shows that are on the bubble are:
- Law & Order UK
- Numbers

We gave up on "Law & Order: SVU" a while ago but "Law & Order: CI" may get a sniff this season... we'll see...

I forgot to add "24", "The Simpsons" and "The Family Guy" to the list.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum