GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators Top 10 Prospects - as voted on by GMH members!

+6
spader
LeCaptain
wprager
asq2
Sp00nz
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Anyone have Driedger in their top 5? He gets a lot of praise on hf, but I don't know much about the guy.

EDIT: I should mention, some list him as our top prospect.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:Anyone have Driedger in their top 5? He gets a lot of praise on hf, but I don't know much about the guy.

Saw a bit of him at the DC -- he looked very solid technically, but goalies are so tough to gauge early on. Tough to put any label on him now, especially the "top" one.

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Oh, for sure. I just thought it would be worth mentioning. I'm just trying to get some discussion going.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Kudos for trying to generate discussion. It's mid-July so there's literally nothing to talk about.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Kudos for trying to generate discussion. It's mid-July so there's literally nothing to talk about.

Karlsson is going to be back in town in three weeks. Hold on for 20 more days.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Here's a list with Driedger at #3, behind Lazar and Ceci (Stone is #4):

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/109653/ottawa-senators-2014-nhl-draft-preview/#more-109653

1. Curtis Lazar, C/W
2. Cody Ceci, D
3. Chris Driedger, G
4. Mark Stone, RW
5. Jean-Gabriel Pageau, C
6. Mark Borowiecki, D
7. Mike Hoffman, W/C
8. Ryan Dzingel, C
9. Matt Puempel, LW
10. Shane Prince, LW

NEELY

Mod
Mod

spader wrote:Anyone have Driedger in their top 5? He gets a lot of praise on hf, but I don't know much about the guy.

Top 10 for sure, top 5 is pushing it. I have for a while believed he was an NHL goaltender.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Here's a list with Driedger at #3, behind Lazar and Ceci (Stone is #4):

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/109653/ottawa-senators-2014-nhl-draft-preview/#more-109653

1. Curtis Lazar, C/W
2. Cody Ceci, D
3. Chris Driedger, G
4. Mark Stone, RW
5. Jean-Gabriel Pageau, C
6. Mark Borowiecki, D
7. Mike Hoffman, W/C
8. Ryan Dzingel, C
9. Matt Puempel, LW
10. Shane Prince, LW

I really think Stone will be a happy surprise this season.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Stone is close to breaking out. Not sure if he does it this year but by the end of next year he will be scoring 25-30 if he stays healthy.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Apparently Dzingel is impressing people as well.   Randy Lee says he may be their best 7th rounder ever -- of course that's still a 7th rounder.  
http://www.ottawasun.com/2014/07/03/senators-assistant-coach-big-on-teams-prospects?token=4b44fe8c27e9f22814ae389a09a20080

He was the leading scorer and MVP for the Buckeyes, and a Hobey Baker finalist.  In his first 9 games with Bingo he scored 2 goals and added 5 assists -- not bad for his games at the pro level.

Overall, the B-Sens led the AHL in goals.  I guess that's something, too.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Stone is close to breaking out.  Not sure if he does it this year but by the end of next year he will be scoring 25-30 if he stays healthy.  

If he doesn't, we'll need help on right wing.

I know Lazar is a center, but is he a RHS? There will be injuries and cold streaks, so there will be opportunities to play in the top six.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:Apparently Dzingel is impressing people as well.   Randy Lee says he may be their best 7th rounder ever -- of course that's still a 7th rounder.  
http://www.ottawasun.com/2014/07/03/senators-assistant-coach-big-on-teams-prospects?token=4b44fe8c27e9f22814ae389a09a20080

He was the leading scorer and MVP for the Buckeyes, and a Hobey Baker finalist.  In his first 9 games with Bingo he scored 2 goals and added 5 assists -- not bad for his games at the pro level.

Overall, the B-Sens led the AHL in goals.  I guess that's something, too.

Dzingle by all accounts is legit, I know nothing about him other than what most Sens fans know about him. We'll find out more.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum