GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators Top 10 Prospects - as voted on by GMH members!

+6
spader
LeCaptain
wprager
asq2
Sp00nz
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:Dunno if we can count Ceci as a true prospect anymore, since he's already a legit NHLer.

I'd put Lazar and probably Claesson as #1 and #2.  Claesson is going to surprise a bunch of people...he's really good.

Not convinced Ceci doesn't start the year in the AHL.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Depends what they do with BoroCop and Gryba.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Gryba I don't think is going anywhere, only RHD that PK's on a regular basis and he's a bottom pairing guy. IMO a small but big piece in Ottawa, glad he has become a legit NHLer.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

1 lazar
2. Stone
3 Ceci
4 chiasson
5 Puempel
6 claesson
7 Pageau
8 Dzingel
9 wikistrand
10 guptill/englund/prince

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Diddle I forgot Hoffman.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Mark Stone is the best prospect. Pretty sure he's a future first liner.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Dunno if we can count Ceci as a true prospect anymore, since he's already a legit NHLer.

I'd put Lazar and probably Claesson as #1 and #2.  Claesson is going to surprise a bunch of people...he's really good.

If he does it's only because of his two-way.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:1 lazar
2. Stone
3 Ceci
4 chiasson
5 Puempel
6 claesson
7 Pageau
8 Dzingel
9 wikistrand

I love Lazar as much as anyone but he hasn't played a single game in pro, so I'd question putting him ahead of Stone and Ceci.  That's why I said I consider Stone a regular (and Ceci has played even more games).

Edit: Chiasson has played in two NHL seasons, his last one being a full season. Maybe we should restrict this to player who are still eligible as rookies.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think there's little question that lazar is the best prospect personally, with stone right behind him. I think a guy that can come in and skate, hit, pk, lead and score is the definition of a top prospect, but if it's stone that's great as well.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:1 lazar
2. Stone
3 Ceci
4 chiasson
5 Puempel
6 claesson
7 Pageau
8 Dzingel
9 wikistrand

I love Lazar as much as anyone but he hasn't played a single game in pro, so I'd question putting him ahead of Stone and Ceci.  That's why I said I consider Stone a regular (and Ceci has played even more games).

Edit: Chiasson has played in two NHL seasons, his last one being a full season.  Maybe we should restrict this to player who are still eligible as rookies.

There's a big difference between "list the order of our prospects by NHL career upside" and "list the order of our prospects by who will begin contributing sooner rather than later." Lazar might have the highest upside of our prospects, but that doesn't mean he's more NHL ready than, say, Stone or Ceci, who each have some substantial NHL experience now.

I don't have a lot of insight on the former -- you really need to follow junior hockey for that -- but on the latter, I think we can say a few things with some confidence:

1) Chiasson is not a prospect
2) Ceci, Stone are NHL ready (maybe Lazar too)
3) Grant, JPG are right on the cusp of NHL ready if not there & are first-call-ups (I tend to think of Lazar as being here, but camp will tell the story), and
4) Puempel, Prince, Claesson, and Guptill have to be considered forerunners to enter that "on the cusp of NHL ready" category

Where they all rank in terms of NHL upside is another matter.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:

Barring a move on D, I'm convinced he does start in the A. I think he could use it too. He's good and has flashes of being great, but he's not even close to playing the dominate game I think he's capable of playing.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

LeKing wrote:Mark Stone is the best prospect. Pretty sure he's a future first liner.

I believe this to be true. I think he's going to have a very good season.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser, where's the poll to figure out the rankings? Isn't that your jam?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:SpezDispenser, where's the poll to figure out the rankings? Isn't that your jam?

I'll get on it this weekend.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It's "this weekend".

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Anyone have Driedger in their top 5? He gets a lot of praise on hf, but I don't know much about the guy.

EDIT: I should mention, some list him as our top prospect.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:Anyone have Driedger in their top 5? He gets a lot of praise on hf, but I don't know much about the guy.

EDIT: I should mention, some list him as our top prospect.

Saw a bit of him at the DC -- he looked very solid technically, but goalies are so tough to gauge early on. Tough to put any label on him now, especially the "top" one.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Oh, for sure. I just thought it would be worth mentioning. I'm just trying to get some discussion going.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum