GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Patrick Swayze passes away at 57

+7
mattshock
LeCaptain
wprager
SensGirl11
beedub
Cap'n Clutch
SensFan71
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Patrick Swayze passes away at 57 Empty Patrick Swayze passes away at 57 Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:20 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

First off, no, I was not a dirty dancing fan, but Roadhouse is up there on my top 10. Patrick Swayze lost his battle with Pancreatic cancer yesterday after two years. More below from CNN article.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Movies/09/15/patrick.swayze/index.html

2Patrick Swayze passes away at 57 Empty Re: Patrick Swayze passes away at 57 Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:22 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Rest in Peace. Thoughts are with the family.

- Unknown Author

3Patrick Swayze passes away at 57 Empty Re: Patrick Swayze passes away at 57 Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:29 am

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

Road House was up there for me too. My sympathies to his family. I am sure he's swinging roundhouse kicks upstairs right now.

Seriously, I know first hand what pancreatic cancer does to a person, or any cancer for that matter. He'd been battling it for two years, which is a testament to his fortitude and strength.

4Patrick Swayze passes away at 57 Empty Re: Patrick Swayze passes away at 57 Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:59 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Oh man! I thought he would pull through. That's really sad and unfortunate, so young. My condolences to his family and friends.

5Patrick Swayze passes away at 57 Empty Re: Patrick Swayze passes away at 57 Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:08 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

I predict my wife will be watching dirty dancing all day today, she was a huge fan.

6Patrick Swayze passes away at 57 Empty Re: Patrick Swayze passes away at 57 Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:20 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

He's had a pretty sad life. His father passed away when he was 57 (ironic, same age, different reasons); his sister committed suicide, which plunged him into off-and-on battles with alcoholism.

Rest in peace.

And to add insult to injury, I hear they are planning on a sequel to Point Break.

7Patrick Swayze passes away at 57 Empty Re: Patrick Swayze passes away at 57 Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:01 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Iwas like 7 years old when I saw it, but it was EPIC Patrick Swayze passes away at 57 472966

8Patrick Swayze passes away at 57 Empty Re: Patrick Swayze passes away at 57 Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:10 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I'm probably out on a limb, but my favourite Swayze movie was Next of Kin.

Swayze's smooth seduction line: "You wanna ride the teeter-todder?"

Horrible to see him gone.

9Patrick Swayze passes away at 57 Empty Re: Patrick Swayze passes away at 57 Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:19 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Loved "Roadhouse".

Sad to see him go.

Pancreatic cancer is a brutal cancer with less than 5% of people surviving past 5 years after being diagnosed.

RIP Swayze.

10Patrick Swayze passes away at 57 Empty Re: Patrick Swayze passes away at 57 Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:24 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

I forgot that he was in Donnie Darko too, another weird movie of his, but loved his performance as the motivational speaker.

11Patrick Swayze passes away at 57 Empty Re: Patrick Swayze passes away at 57 Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:29 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

marakh wrote:Iwas like 7 years old when I saw it, but it was EPIC Patrick Swayze passes away at 57 472966

Have you not seen Point Break? This clip doesn't really do it justice, but ...

http://www.imdb.com/rg/VIDEO_PLAY/LINK//video/screenplay/vi3766485273/

12Patrick Swayze passes away at 57 Empty Re: Patrick Swayze passes away at 57 Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:32 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I feel badly for him and his family, because one thing's for certain - it wasn't an easy way to go.

RIP Patrick.

13Patrick Swayze passes away at 57 Empty Re: Patrick Swayze passes away at 57 Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:38 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
marakh wrote:Iwas like 7 years old when I saw it, but it was EPIC Patrick Swayze passes away at 57 472966

Have you not seen Point Break? This clip doesn't really do it justice, but ...

http://www.imdb.com/rg/VIDEO_PLAY/LINK//video/screenplay/vi3766485273/
"Point Break" was awesome.

And of course... Red Dawn. HA HA! Saw that in the drive-in theater way back in the day.

14Patrick Swayze passes away at 57 Empty Re: Patrick Swayze passes away at 57 Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:39 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

He had one of the strongest Hollywood marriages too. 34 years.

15Patrick Swayze passes away at 57 Empty Re: Patrick Swayze passes away at 57 Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:45 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:He had one of the strongest Hollywood marriages too. 34 years.

that is very rare these days with divorces aplenty in Hollywood (IE Nicole and Tom for example)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum