GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Patrick Lalime calls it a career

+6
dennycrane
sandysensfan
wprager
Flo The Action
tim1_2
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Patrick Lalime calls it a career Empty Patrick Lalime calls it a career Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:18 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lalime's playoff numbers with the Sens:

21 wins, .926 save percentage, 1.77 GAA and five shutouts.

200 victories.

Great guy, nice career.

Will now do colour commentary for RDS. :KKK:

2Patrick Lalime calls it a career Empty Re: Patrick Lalime calls it a career Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:30 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

And I will always have memories of him and Joe Nieuwendyk in the playoffs.

3Patrick Lalime calls it a career Empty Re: Patrick Lalime calls it a career Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:35 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Lalime's playoff numbers with the Sens:

200 victories.

Great guy, nice career.

those are some very decent stats for playoffs. I'm surprised. I thought it be worst. O guess you can't rely on stats for the true picture.

4Patrick Lalime calls it a career Empty Re: Patrick Lalime calls it a career Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:49 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:those are some very decent stats for playoffs. I'm surprised. I thought it be worst. O guess you can't rely on stats for the true picture.

It was never really about Lalime not getting the job done, it was about 1 mistake costing the Sens because they couldn't beat Joseph or whoever. The Sens players lost the series', not just Niewendyk's goal(s). Lalime never really got the credit he deserved for being one of the best playoff goaltenders of that time.

5Patrick Lalime calls it a career Empty Re: Patrick Lalime calls it a career Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:07 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There was more than one bad goal in that game...it was multiple mistakes in a do-or-die game that tarnished his legacy in Ottawa.

6Patrick Lalime calls it a career Empty Re: Patrick Lalime calls it a career Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:09 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Steve Warne's tweet:

Patrick Lalime retires. He should ABSOLUTELY make it into the Hall of Fame ............................ induction speech of Joe Nieuwendyk.

7Patrick Lalime calls it a career Empty Re: Patrick Lalime calls it a career Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:20 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Steve Warne's tweet:

Patrick Lalime retires. He should ABSOLUTELY make it into the Hall of Fame ............................ induction speech of Joe Nieuwendyk.

Ouch.

8Patrick Lalime calls it a career Empty Re: Patrick Lalime calls it a career Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:58 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

You could almost always tell with Patty if he was on his game or not from the way he reacted during O Canada. If he stood there with his eyes closed, head back and rolling back-and-forth slowly (almost like Stevie Wonder, but slower) then he was on his game. It was his "tell". I remember that game seven he was definitely not grooving to O Canada.

9Patrick Lalime calls it a career Empty Re: Patrick Lalime calls it a career Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:04 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

200 victories.

Great guy, nice career.

Those are very decent stats. Too bad it was one or two games against the Leafs that did him in.
Glad to see he will be around Ottawa -- doing the Sens games for RDS.

10Patrick Lalime calls it a career Empty Re: Patrick Lalime calls it a career Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:09 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

If the bozos at Team 1200 run him down, he must be a good hockey player. That station is useless.

I have posted this before but if Alfie, Hossa, Havlat, etc. not choked in that last series vs. the Leafs, the series would have been over in 5. The Sens scored 11 goals in that 7-game series with three shutouts against.

11Patrick Lalime calls it a career Empty Re: Patrick Lalime calls it a career Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:30 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

dennycrane wrote:If the bozos at Team 1200 run him down, he must be a good hockey player. That station is useless.

I have posted this before but if Alfie, Hossa, Havlat, etc. not choked in that last series vs. the Leafs, the series would have been over in 5. The Sens scored 11 goals in that 7-game series with three shutouts against.

I actually really enjoy TGOR, and Steve Warne is pretty good. He, like many Sens fans, have nightmares about that 7th game versus the Leafs. Those were horrible, horrible goals Lalime let in, at the worst possible time.

12Patrick Lalime calls it a career Empty Re: Patrick Lalime calls it a career Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:47 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
I actually really enjoy TGOR, and Steve Warne is pretty good. He, like many Sens fans, have nightmares about that 7th game versus the Leafs. Those were horrible, horrible goals Lalime let in, at the worst possible time.

I agree, but it should never have gotten to a 7th game, friggin Sens couldn't score on Belfour or Joseph. 3 shutouts again? Damn...no winning that series even if you have a brick wall in net for you.

13Patrick Lalime calls it a career Empty Re: Patrick Lalime calls it a career Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:51 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

I agree, but it should never have gotten to a 7th game, friggin Sens couldn't score on Belfour or Joseph. 3 shutouts again? Damn...no winning that series even if you have a brick wall in net for you.

You are absolutely correct. The forwards lost that series for Ottawa. Lalime just stunk in game 7... but did he have any help?

14Patrick Lalime calls it a career Empty Re: Patrick Lalime calls it a career Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:20 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

dennycrane wrote:If the bozos at Team 1200 run him down, he must be a good hockey player. That station is useless.

Still my favorite Ottawa goalie ever. Anything negative said about him now is pretty much bull$hit. If his team can't score an average of 2 Cussing goals per game, that's not on him at all.

15Patrick Lalime calls it a career Empty Re: Patrick Lalime calls it a career Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:52 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:

200 victories.

Great guy, nice career.

those are some very decent stats for playoffs. I'm surprised. I thought it be worst. O guess you can't rely on stats for the true picture.

Didn't he have an NHL playoff GAA record at some point? He had amazing playoff numbers, but we all know that the stats don't always tell the whole story.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum