GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Just curious - Am I insane?

+8
spader
The Silfer Server
Amnesia021
PTFlea
Bramlet07
caissie_1
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

If given the choice what would you do

Just curious - Am I insane? - Page 4 Vote_lcap24%Just curious - Am I insane? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 4% [ 2 ]
Just curious - Am I insane? - Page 4 Vote_lcap296%Just curious - Am I insane? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 96% [ 53 ]
Total Votes : 55

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

46Just curious - Am I insane? - Page 4 Empty Re: Just curious - Am I insane? Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:08 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Amnesia021 wrote:I'm one of the 3, I voted against the majority because I try to get out of family parties whenever I can BagoverHead ... especially when there are new kids envolved Just curious - Am I insane? - Page 4 2166_s10. BUT! I would've let you know I wasn't going to be there that night and would have made an effort to either see you earlier or later that night, or the next day. Work is very important to me and sometimes work parties (depending on who your boss is) are very important to your boss and they can feel jaded if you choose not to show up to a party they are throwing. A jaded boss can be bad when cut backs start or advancement is on the table.

I wouldn't have left you hanging in the wind though. Did he have any kids at the time? Where you the first to give the 'rents grandkids?

The key element you are missing in all this is it's not YOUR boss and it's not YOUR X-mas party. It's your WIFE's Staff party that you chose to go to instead.

47Just curious - Am I insane? - Page 4 Empty Re: Just curious - Am I insane? Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:58 pm

Amnesia021

Rookie
Rookie

Tells you who wears the pants in my household... but that limits my choice even more. If the Wifey feels its extremely important for her to be there. I'd have very little wiggle room.

I still would have communicated better with my brother and made additional arrangements.

48Just curious - Am I insane? - Page 4 Empty Re: Just curious - Am I insane? Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:03 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I have just changed the poll to allow vote cancelling for anyone who may have misunderstood the poll and voted hastily.
I understood it perfectly.

Family first.

Always.

49Just curious - Am I insane? - Page 4 Empty Re: Just curious - Am I insane? Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:05 pm

Amnesia021

Amnesia021
Rookie
Rookie

shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:I have just changed the poll to allow vote cancelling for anyone who may have misunderstood the poll and voted hastily.

Family first.

Always.

Which Family though? A Wife is Family as well.... Sarcasm Smile

50Just curious - Am I insane? - Page 4 Empty Re: Just curious - Am I insane? Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:07 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Amnesia021 wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Family first.

Always.

True enough but it's to go to a work function and it's not even your own work.

- Unknown Author

51Just curious - Am I insane? - Page 4 Empty Re: Just curious - Am I insane? Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:08 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Amnesia021 wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Family first.

Always.

Heh heh.

Not when it's a "work" party vs a "family" party.

If it had been his wife's family's xmas party... then you'd have a real dilemma.

52Just curious - Am I insane? - Page 4 Empty Re: Just curious - Am I insane? Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:08 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Even if going to the Staff party is your choice surely you must admit that the reasoning given in the poll is faulty. Work is a priority and it pays the bills blah blah blah? At least you are presenting a better arguement.

- Unknown Author

53Just curious - Am I insane? - Page 4 Empty Re: Just curious - Am I insane? Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:10 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Even if going to the Staff party is your choice surely you must admit that the reasoning given in the poll is faulty. Work is a priority and it pays the bills blah blah blah? At least you are presenting a better arguement.
Did his wife get paid for going to the party?

Wink

I don't think so...

54Just curious - Am I insane? - Page 4 Empty Re: Just curious - Am I insane? Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:24 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I really only put this topic and poll up to make myself feel better and to feel justified in being angry over the whole thing. I can see most of you agree with me which is cool.

- Unknown Author

55Just curious - Am I insane? - Page 4 Empty Re: Just curious - Am I insane? Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:12 pm

Amnesia021

Amnesia021
Rookie
Rookie

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Even if going to the Staff party is your choice surely you must admit that the reasoning given in the poll is faulty. Work is a priority and it pays the bills blah blah blah? At least you are presenting a better arguement.

I might be able to answer to his reasoning, but first, Did he have any kids at the time? Where you the first to have grandkids? Lastly, who was married first and what is the age difference?

56Just curious - Am I insane? - Page 4 Empty Re: Just curious - Am I insane? Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:29 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Amnesia021 wrote:

I might be able to answer to his reasoning, but first, Did he have any kids at the time? Where you the first to have grandkids? Lastly, who was married first and what is the age difference?

No kids at the time. I was not the first to have grandkids. He was married first and he's 1 year, 3 and a half months older than I am. My Wife and I have been together longer just not married longer (20 years together in December - married in 2005).

- Unknown Author

57Just curious - Am I insane? - Page 4 Empty Re: Just curious - Am I insane? Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:46 pm

Amnesia021

Amnesia021
Rookie
Rookie

ok, nevermind then. If he was at least 3 or so years older than you and you had the first Grandkid, I might have played the jealousy card and his response is just a PR line because he can't tell you he was actually jealous. Feel free to be mad at him. Smile

58Just curious - Am I insane? - Page 4 Empty Re: Just curious - Am I insane? Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:53 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

voted with the vast majority for the family party, reasoning is easy enough, would rather see a 2 and a half month old baby then some of the duds from work, especially if they haven't seen her yet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum