GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Curious TB verus SJ 1st rounder

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Curious TB verus SJ 1st rounder Empty Curious TB verus SJ 1st rounder Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:54 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

So if TB really wanted Mez bad and were trying to reacquire their 3rd why didn't Murray push harder for TB's 1st instead of SJ's? Anyone know?

2Curious TB verus SJ 1st rounder Empty Re: Curious TB verus SJ 1st rounder Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:21 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

ecause Bryan Murray needed some defensemen to fill our roster and no way they were gonna give picard, kuba and their first...

3Curious TB verus SJ 1st rounder Empty Re: Curious TB verus SJ 1st rounder Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:00 pm

Lee and Mattias Karlsson would be ok

4Curious TB verus SJ 1st rounder Empty Re: Curious TB verus SJ 1st rounder Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:22 pm

Phoenix30 wrote:So if TB really wanted Mez bad and were trying to reacquire their 3rd why didn't Murray push harder for TB's 1st instead of SJ's? Anyone know?

No idea, but from the sounds of what happened back then Tampa was prepared to tender an offer sheet to Mez. If that's the case, they were fully prepared to give that pick up. I would have preferred to get Tampa's picks instead. Kuba has been a pleasant surprise, but those picks, particularly the 1st, could be something special. Murray could really be regretting this draft day if Tamps strolls up to the podium and drafts Hedman.

5Curious TB verus SJ 1st rounder Empty Re: Curious TB verus SJ 1st rounder Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:43 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah, I've been saying that. I would have preferred letting them make an offer-sheet.

We'd have their first this year AND next year. Ludicrous.

6Curious TB verus SJ 1st rounder Empty Re: Curious TB verus SJ 1st rounder Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:47 am

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

Tukker's Mr Snow Miser wrote:Lee and Mattias Karlsson would be ok

They would be ok now, at the start of the season there was talk of winning the division. About TB's 1st did anyone really think when the trade went down that Tampa was going to be as bad as they are? You could sit and discuss the coulda woulda shouldas' forever but at the time and even now we still won that trade.

7Curious TB verus SJ 1st rounder Empty Re: Curious TB verus SJ 1st rounder Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:07 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Bramlet07 wrote:
Tukker's Mr Snow Miser wrote:Lee and Mattias Karlsson would be ok

They would be ok now, at the start of the season there was talk of winning the division. About TB's 1st did anyone really think when the trade went down that Tampa was going to be as bad as they are? You could sit and discuss the coulda woulda shouldas' forever but at the time and even now we still won that trade.

I don't think this was too hard to predict.

An inexperienced blue-line, a young goalie, a coach who hadn't previously coached for many, many years, a mullett, and about 70 forwards.

Granted they'd be better with Kuba and Picard, but by how much?

We won, but not as much as we could have. Going back to my example, this deal is potentially similar to a scenario where Pittsburgh wanted Foligno for Crosby and offered either Staal or Malkin, and we chose Staal.

We'd win the trade, but it'd still be a dumb move on our part.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum