GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Just curious - Am I insane?

+8
spader
The Silfer Server
Amnesia021
PTFlea
Bramlet07
caissie_1
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

If given the choice what would you do

Just curious - Am I insane? - Page 3 Vote_lcap24%Just curious - Am I insane? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 4% [ 2 ]
Just curious - Am I insane? - Page 3 Vote_lcap296%Just curious - Am I insane? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 96% [ 53 ]
Total Votes : 55

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

31Just curious - Am I insane? - Page 3 Empty Re: Just curious - Am I insane? Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:32 am

spader wrote:Interest in foreign cultures? I'm in South Korea for several reasons, one of which is interest in foreign cultures.

Here's the shows webpage.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/taboo/all/Overview

I can point you in the right direction if you are the downloading type Wink

32Just curious - Am I insane? - Page 3 Empty Re: Just curious - Am I insane? Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:41 am

spader

All-Star
All-Star

isohunt?

33Just curious - Am I insane? - Page 3 Empty Re: Just curious - Am I insane? Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:12 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This poll was to make sure I actually wasn't insane. In these options I am the younger brother who made the 7 hour drive when my daughter was 2 and a half months old.

The one immediate family member who has yet to meet her gave option one as his reason for not seeing her that day.

My wife would never guilt me into going to an office function over meeting my niece for the first time.
I should also mention that my brother only had to make an hour drive to make it to the x-mas party.

34Just curious - Am I insane? - Page 3 Empty Re: Just curious - Am I insane? Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:16 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

That's terrible. I'm really sorry to hear that.

35Just curious - Am I insane? - Page 3 Empty Re: Just curious - Am I insane? Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:24 am

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

hemlock wrote:
spader wrote:Interest in foreign cultures? I'm in South Korea for several reasons, one of which is interest in foreign cultures.

Here's the shows webpage.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/taboo/all/Overview

I can point you in the right direction if you are the downloading type Just curious - Am I insane? - Page 3 Icon_wink

Yes, please! Your direction would be appreciatted.

36Just curious - Am I insane? - Page 3 Empty Re: Just curious - Am I insane? Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:58 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

I'm having trouble finding it Hemlock. Little help?

That is to say, I've found some episodes, but not the one you're talking about.

37Just curious - Am I insane? - Page 3 Empty Re: Just curious - Am I insane? Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:25 am

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

Found it..

DVDrip[Eng]-Kole.3975583.TPB.torrent]http://torrents.thepiratebay.org/3975583/National.Geographic.Taboo.Season.2[2003]DVDrip[Eng]-Kole.3975583.TPB.torrent

38Just curious - Am I insane? - Page 3 Empty Re: Just curious - Am I insane? Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:07 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

DLing now. Thanks Van.

39Just curious - Am I insane? - Page 3 Empty Re: Just curious - Am I insane? Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:55 pm

I can direct you guys to the entire first two seasons. 27 episodes, but it's not on torrent, rather rapidshare/megaupload.

40Just curious - Am I insane? - Page 3 Empty Re: Just curious - Am I insane? Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:38 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:This poll was to make sure I actually wasn't insane. In these options I am the younger brother who made the 7 hour drive when my daughter was 2 and a half months old.

The one immediate family member who has yet to meet her gave option one as his reason for not seeing her that day.

My wife would never guilt me into going to an office function over meeting my niece for the first time.
I should also mention that my brother only had to make an hour drive to make it to the x-mas party.

Weeell, need some more input here.

First, assuming you drove 7 hours, you probably weren't in for just one night. Was there an opportunity to visit the day after the party?

Reason I ask is that, from personal experience, some of these parties are pretty big and pretty expensive. Back in the day when Newbridge was thriving we'd rent out a hall at the Congress Center (one year we had a to add a couple of rooms for overflow). Wife would get a new dress, I'd get a new tie. The company (rather the Social Club) would pay for some of it, but the tickets were still not free, plus we'd typically rent a room at the Westin. So it was a bit of a deal and usually planned way in advance. And as early as it was planned, we barely ever got within a month of Christmas, so if this particular party happened right around the Holidays I wonder if it was even bigger than the ones we used to have for Newbridge.

Anyhow, I'd still not change my vote.

41Just curious - Am I insane? - Page 3 Empty Re: Just curious - Am I insane? Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:24 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:This poll was to make sure I actually wasn't insane. In these options I am the younger brother who made the 7 hour drive when my daughter was 2 and a half months old.

Weeell, need some more input here.

First, assuming you drove 7 hours, you probably weren't in for just one night. Was there an opportunity to visit the day after the party?

Reason I ask is that, from personal experience, some of these parties are pretty big and pretty expensive. Back in the day when Newbridge was thriving we'd rent out a hall at the Congress Center (one year we had a to add a couple of rooms for overflow). Wife would get a new dress, I'd get a new tie. The company (rather the Social Club) would pay for some of it, but the tickets were still not free, plus we'd typically rent a room at the Westin. So it was a bit of a deal and usually planned way in advance. And as early as it was planned, we barely ever got within a month of Christmas, so if this particular party happened right around the Holidays I wonder if it was even bigger than the ones we used to have for Newbridge.

Anyhow, I'd still not change my vote.

The annual family party is always the first Saturday in December and it's always at my Uncle's. It's Potluck.

I will admit that no effort was made on my part to see if we could visit the next day but none was made on his either. Quite frankly I was pissed at him for not showing up and not having the nuts to tell me he wasn't going to show up. I had to find this out during the party.

I called him on it recently and his response was what is in the poll as option one.

- Unknown Author

42Just curious - Am I insane? - Page 3 Empty Re: Just curious - Am I insane? Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:30 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

As far as his wife getting a new dress blah blah blah. It's really irrelevant. His wife was actually the one who had told me they were going to the family party and then never even bothered to tell me they were cancelling. He only cancelled the day of or the day before can't remember which. He would have known well before that if there was a conflict. If he really felt the staff party needed to be attended then he could have called me and made arrangements to see me the next day.

Personally I think it's a load of crap, his excuse that is, but even if he's telling the truth it's clear that most people side with me on this one.

Vote so far is 43 to 3. I'd still love to hear from those 3 people though. I want to know if there is a valid argument to be made.

- Unknown Author

43Just curious - Am I insane? - Page 3 Empty Re: Just curious - Am I insane? Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:13 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I have just changed the poll to allow vote cancelling for anyone who may have misunderstood the poll and voted hastily.

- Unknown Author

44Just curious - Am I insane? - Page 3 Empty Re: Just curious - Am I insane? Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:50 pm

Amnesia021

Amnesia021
Rookie
Rookie

I'm one of the 3, I voted against the majority because I try to get out of family parties whenever I can BagoverHead ... especially when there are new kids envolved Just curious - Am I insane? - Page 3 2166_s10. BUT! I would've let you know I wasn't going to be there that night and would have made an effort to either see you earlier or later that night, or the next day. Work is very important to me and sometimes work parties (depending on who your boss is) are very important to your boss and they can feel jaded if you choose not to show up to a party they are throwing. A jaded boss can be bad when cut backs start or advancement is on the table.

I wouldn't have left you hanging in the wind though. Did he have any kids at the time? Where you the first to give the 'rents grandkids?

45Just curious - Am I insane? - Page 3 Empty Re: Just curious - Am I insane? Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:52 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

I think any reasonable boss would understand based on the circumstances.

46Just curious - Am I insane? - Page 3 Empty Re: Just curious - Am I insane? Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:08 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Amnesia021 wrote:I'm one of the 3, I voted against the majority because I try to get out of family parties whenever I can BagoverHead ... especially when there are new kids envolved Just curious - Am I insane? - Page 3 2166_s10. BUT! I would've let you know I wasn't going to be there that night and would have made an effort to either see you earlier or later that night, or the next day. Work is very important to me and sometimes work parties (depending on who your boss is) are very important to your boss and they can feel jaded if you choose not to show up to a party they are throwing. A jaded boss can be bad when cut backs start or advancement is on the table.

I wouldn't have left you hanging in the wind though. Did he have any kids at the time? Where you the first to give the 'rents grandkids?

The key element you are missing in all this is it's not YOUR boss and it's not YOUR X-mas party. It's your WIFE's Staff party that you chose to go to instead.

- Unknown Author

47Just curious - Am I insane? - Page 3 Empty Re: Just curious - Am I insane? Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:58 pm

Amnesia021

Amnesia021
Rookie
Rookie

Tells you who wears the pants in my household... but that limits my choice even more. If the Wifey feels its extremely important for her to be there. I'd have very little wiggle room.

I still would have communicated better with my brother and made additional arrangements.

48Just curious - Am I insane? - Page 3 Empty Re: Just curious - Am I insane? Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:03 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I have just changed the poll to allow vote cancelling for anyone who may have misunderstood the poll and voted hastily.
I understood it perfectly.

Family first.

Always.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum