GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Me Likey Ruutu

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Me Likey Ruutu Empty Me Likey Ruutu Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:38 am

Sorry this is not a breaking story, wrong forum but...

I am trying to figure out whether I like this Ruutu guy. So I am watching some clips on YouTube like this one where he irritates Phaneuf...

Then I am thinking I like the sandpaper but I hate guys who start stuff and never back it up. Then I see the Tucker fight where he whooped Tucker handily. Then there are many more on You Tube and he won every one.... Rob Blake, Byron Ritchie, Ben Ondrus, Stephane Robidas... all big dudes. Add that to the fact he can actually play and I love the guy.

Anyone know if he is getting #37? I may have a new favourite player. Lets get this season started already!

OFFSEASON squirrel

2Me Likey Ruutu Empty Re: Me Likey Ruutu Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:44 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I know eh!! Enough of this offseason crap!

As for Ruutu... He's definitely one player I've openly admitted to hating in the past, but that only means he does his pest-antics ALL too well I suppose, and I am going to be watching him closely... not to mention I can't wait to see him in a shootout!

Mike Fisher had a quote a while back on the Team 1200 where he said he "definitely is happy to be playing WITH Ruutu as opposed to against him."

3Me Likey Ruutu Empty Re: Me Likey Ruutu Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:28 pm

Citizen Ruutu article

4Me Likey Ruutu Empty Re: Me Likey Ruutu Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:08 pm

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

I am quite excited to see Ruutu in a Sens uni...I have been wanting a pest to join the squad for the longest time.
The closest they ever came was Varada...but he was old and pretty useless by then time he wore a sens jersey!

5Me Likey Ruutu Empty Re: Me Likey Ruutu Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:25 pm

This thread was almost dead until I had a conversation with a friend of mine.

Every year teams I follow have internal motto's they follow. Some even go so far as to print up shirts everyone on the team wears. It's not so much a public Mantra the organization follows, but more of an internal rally cry.

My suggestion for the Sens this year is "what are you going to do about it". What does this mean? Well my husband says, he believes teams need about 4 or 5 players on a team who are going to cross check you, slash you, punch you in the face and then look at you as if to say "What are you going to do about it?".

It's more of a mantra to say we're going to be a pain in the Donkey to play against and there is nothing you're going to do except accept it. Ruutu is that kind of player.

6Me Likey Ruutu Empty Re: Me Likey Ruutu Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:28 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I love that slogan DW. What the hell are you gonna do about it when Ruutu and Smith have extracted your teeth?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbp_5Q1IhXw

This is a greatest hits of Ruutu if anyone missed it. It's a lot of fun!

7Me Likey Ruutu Empty Re: Me Likey Ruutu Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:45 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum