GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

We're gonna run a bit of a tighter ship

+11
asq2
rooneypoo
Phoenix30
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
davetherave
LeCaptain
shabbs
M_Christopher
caissie_1
PTFlea
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

46We're gonna run a bit of a tighter ship - Page 4 Empty Re: We're gonna run a bit of a tighter ship Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:29 pm

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:
N4L wrote:
wprager wrote:No, not the same person.

Omg, guys, yes it was, lol.

Because you know him personnaly? cool)

Marakh, this particular individual was/is a blight on the Forum, and assumed a variety of identities, even using different Internet addresses, in an attempt to elude the vigilance of the Founders.

This individual even bragged about their ability to do so.

So we should give special thanks to Clutch, Cronie, Spez and JamVan for their ongoing efforts to make GMHockey a quality forum.

And to our Members, because even if we disagree over hockey matters--and heck, that's half the fun--we look out for each other, so thanks to everyone.
:n:

Now when does this next season start, already??

marakh wrote:
N4L wrote:
wprager wrote:No, not the same person.

Omg, guys, yes it was, lol.

Because you know him personnaly? cool)

If I actually knew him personally, first I would question my entire life, then probably kill myself.

SpezDispenser wrote:
Phoenix30 wrote:Hey I just noticed that I have passed a 1000 pm's when in the heck did I do that

1000 posts and 2000 PMs is where you're at. And never underestimate this sim for getting posts by the...hundreds.

How do you find out your number of PM's?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dave, Notch4077 joined before FireOnIce. Both were active at the same time. Yes, it is possible with two PCs, but this was before Notch's first account was deleted and the subsequent new accounts with variations on the original name. Although both Notch and FOI got into "discussions" their approaches were different. Notch tended to be the antagonizer, the one who would hurl the initial volley, while FOI tended to over-react at someone's criticism, and was especially fond of playing the "rookie card". I definitely saw differences in the "personalities" of the two posters.

Or are you suggesting that a person with two PCs and suffering from schizophrenia was involved?

Now try this one on for size. Do we really know that N4L is the old Neely4Life? What if it's really Notch4077? It wouldn't be difficult to imitate N4L's particular style for a few posts. A few here had already done that in the past when poking fun.

Truth is, we don't know and we all have our reasons for assuming one way (that Notch/FOI were one and the same) or the other (that they were two different individuals).

Of course there is a third possibility: schizophrenia and three PCs.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Dave, Notch4077 joined before FireOnIce. Both were active at the same time. Yes, it is possible with two PCs, but this was before Notch's first account was deleted and the subsequent new accounts with variations on the original name. Although both Notch and FOI got into "discussions" their approaches were different. Notch tended to be the antagonizer, the one who would hurl the initial volley, while FOI tended to over-react at someone's criticism, and was especially fond of playing the "rookie card". I definitely saw differences in the "personalities" of the two posters.

Or are you suggesting that a person with two PCs and suffering from schizophrenia was involved?

Now try this one on for size. Do we really know that N4L is the old Neely4Life? What if it's really Notch4077? It wouldn't be difficult to imitate N4L's particular style for a few posts. A few here had already done that in the past when poking fun.

Truth is, we don't know and we all have our reasons for assuming one way (that Notch/FOI were one and the same) or the other (that they were two different individuals).

Of course there is a third possibility: schizophrenia and three PCs.

Whatever.

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

I talked with both a fair amount, and they never seemed like the same person Shrug

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

N4L wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:Oh, Notch/FireOnIce is gone again? Huh. Didn't see that coming. :***:

Are they the same people!??! It was about as obvious as Clarke Kent and Superman...

Hey N4L where have you been lately. Enjoying the summer.

53We're gonna run a bit of a tighter ship - Page 4 Empty Re: We're gonna run a bit of a tighter ship Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:03 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:

Some of us have a lot of history with N4L. If he is not him, we'll tell very quickly Smile

54We're gonna run a bit of a tighter ship - Page 4 Empty Re: We're gonna run a bit of a tighter ship Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:37 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Just fooling around. Sounds ike I exasperated DTR, though.

Hey, Dave, why so glum? At least with N4L being 82 you're no-longer the "old guy".

55We're gonna run a bit of a tighter ship - Page 4 Empty Re: We're gonna run a bit of a tighter ship Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:10 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Tovaritch Prager, moi 'glum'?

You never exasperate me, no matter how hard you try.
:^^^^:

Remember, Ба́ре деру́тся - у холо́пов чубы́ треща́т.
Wink

56We're gonna run a bit of a tighter ship - Page 4 Empty Re: We're gonna run a bit of a tighter ship Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:12 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

davetherave wrote:Ба́ре деру́тся - у холо́пов чубы́ треща́т.
Wink

Rock and roll all night and party every day?

57We're gonna run a bit of a tighter ship - Page 4 Empty Re: We're gonna run a bit of a tighter ship Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:13 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SSF>yeah, something like that. :^^^^:

Comrade Prager will provide a precise translation...

58We're gonna run a bit of a tighter ship - Page 4 Empty Re: We're gonna run a bit of a tighter ship Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:20 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:This is not the place for in-fighting, arguing and constant little jabbings between posters. We're trying to run a fun, free site, we can't have it. There are new mods in place and from now on, any new member will have to be approved by the admins.

Everyone take a nice deep breath and enjoy this forum without the squabbling.

:___:

hear ye, hear ye, good post el capitaine. cheers

59We're gonna run a bit of a tighter ship - Page 4 Empty Re: We're gonna run a bit of a tighter ship Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:26 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

davetherave wrote:Tovaritch Prager, moi 'glum'?

You never exasperate me, no matter how hard you try.

Never? Then explain this reply:
Whatever.

davetherave wrote:Remember, Ба́ре деру́тся - у холо́пов чубы́ треща́т.
Wink

Don't know that proverb, but I wonder if you found theRussian Proverbs Wiki topic? The accents (which don't belong) are selling you out Smile

60We're gonna run a bit of a tighter ship - Page 4 Empty Re: We're gonna run a bit of a tighter ship Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:30 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Everybody sing...and let's play hockey!

61We're gonna run a bit of a tighter ship - Page 4 Empty Re: We're gonna run a bit of a tighter ship Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:33 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
davetherave wrote:Remember, Ба́ре деру́тся - у холо́пов чубы́ треща́т.
Wink

Don't know that proverb, but I wonder if you found theRussian Proverbs Wiki topic? The accents (which don't belong) are selling you out Smile

Darn, sold out by *the Accents* AGAIN.
:^^^^:

Na zdarovye!

62We're gonna run a bit of a tighter ship - Page 4 Empty Re: We're gonna run a bit of a tighter ship Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:46 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:Everybody sing...and let's play hockey!

cumbaya, oh wait, is that the song you wanted to sing?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum