GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marleau - Frolov - Heatley Swap??

+6
Sens19
LeCaptain
PTFlea
PKC
wprager
COLLAR UP
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Marleau - Frolov - Heatley Swap?? Empty Marleau - Frolov - Heatley Swap?? Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:37 am

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

I was just visiting the "other" site (HB) and I see EK has posted that maybe the Sharks and Kings are talking swap - Marleau-Frolov.

And while it is EK - one has to wonder if Ottawa could get involved in this deal and then send our friend Heatley to the Sharks for Frolov +...?

EK of course then goes on to talk about a team in the Northeast (maybe Sabres)...are in on this...which busts my theory...but it is EK...meaning none of this is happening...

2Marleau - Frolov - Heatley Swap?? Empty Re: Marleau - Frolov - Heatley Swap?? Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:53 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

More flurries of activity. All those dominoes between Vancouver and San Jose did nothing. Sorry, I don't subscribe to the "Heatley trade by Monday" opinions (the Sharks may have just cleared enough cap space to sign near-league-min guys to rund out their roster; hardly enough for Heatley). This is yet another yank on our chain, I believe.

If Heatley is trade before the season starts it will come with no warning or foreshadowing.

3Marleau - Frolov - Heatley Swap?? Empty Re: Marleau - Frolov - Heatley Swap?? Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:11 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:More flurries of activity. All those dominoes between Vancouver and San Jose did nothing. Sorry, I don't subscribe to the "Heatley trade by Monday" opinions (the Sharks may have just cleared enough cap space to sign near-league-min guys to rund out their roster; hardly enough for Heatley). This is yet another yank on our chain, I believe.

If Heatley is trade before the season starts it will come with no warning or foreshadowing.

I don't buy it. They "cleared out" a 27 year old top four defenseman who put up 42 points last season so that they can replace him with odds and ends.

Why not just buy out Lukowich? Why not trade Cheechoo? What about Kent Huskins and Douglas Murray? Why re-sign Blake to a $4-million contract?

Even if he wants to bring up Couture (C) and Petrecki (D), they are still a combined ~$2.5-million, and thet still need to re-sign Torrey Mitchell.

It's funny that in retrospect, the Dan Boyle contract is the one that's killing them.

4Marleau - Frolov - Heatley Swap?? Empty Re: Marleau - Frolov - Heatley Swap?? Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:47 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I was just saying that to Mel. It's the Boyle contract and the fact that SJ got him for free that's now hurting them.

5Marleau - Frolov - Heatley Swap?? Empty Re: Marleau - Frolov - Heatley Swap?? Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:52 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SUmmer 2008, will soon be known as the D UFA frenzy that killed a couple teams.

6Marleau - Frolov - Heatley Swap?? Empty Re: Marleau - Frolov - Heatley Swap?? Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:17 pm

And you guys were all SO adamant that we get one of them squirrel

7Marleau - Frolov - Heatley Swap?? Empty Re: Marleau - Frolov - Heatley Swap?? Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:52 pm

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

I lost all hope for a Heatley trade happening soon!

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

8Marleau - Frolov - Heatley Swap?? Empty Re: Marleau - Frolov - Heatley Swap?? Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:51 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

meh... on a quiet thursday afternoon, healtey will pack his bags. or not.

9Marleau - Frolov - Heatley Swap?? Empty Re: Marleau - Frolov - Heatley Swap?? Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:36 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sens19 wrote:I lost all hope for a Heatley trade happening soon!

Perfect! Lost hope means that the Trade will happen shortly. Just like when you're waiting for that bus in winter, and it's already 10 minutes late, then someone finally figures it's not coming and lights up -- BAM! the bus comes right away.

10Marleau - Frolov - Heatley Swap?? Empty Re: Marleau - Frolov - Heatley Swap?? Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:24 pm

I dunno Prags? I lost hope two weeks ago and nothing has happened since...

11Marleau - Frolov - Heatley Swap?? Empty Re: Marleau - Frolov - Heatley Swap?? Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:31 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Its my fault Facepalm Facepalm i refused to give up hope

12Marleau - Frolov - Heatley Swap?? Empty Re: Marleau - Frolov - Heatley Swap?? Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:39 pm

:^^^^:

13Marleau - Frolov - Heatley Swap?? Empty Re: Marleau - Frolov - Heatley Swap?? Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:38 pm

I really dont see how Heatley makes it to training camp, but if he does, I wont be surprised.

Couldnt be happier that his family was booing him out of the building in Calgary.

14Marleau - Frolov - Heatley Swap?? Empty Re: Marleau - Frolov - Heatley Swap?? Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:17 pm

Ahhhhh! There he is!!

Welcome back :___:

15Marleau - Frolov - Heatley Swap?? Empty Re: Marleau - Frolov - Heatley Swap?? Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:35 pm

Haha thanks, couldnt take it anymore, things were just getting soooooo stupid around here. Spezz took control which I was waiting for, good on him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum