GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nabokov 'willing to waive NTC'; Marleau 'will do whatever it takes'

+4
Cap'n Clutch
TheAvatar
SeawaySensFan
wprager
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/sharks/2009/07/18/nabokov-would-waive-ntc-if-asked-marleau-willing-to-give-up-captaincy-for-the-cause/

****Both Evgeni Nabokov and Patrick Marleau say they have not been
asked by Wilson to drop the no-trade clauses in their contracts. But
Nabokov said he would if the GM requested it.

“If the organization wants me to leave, I will leave,” Nabokov said.
“I would never stay with an organization that didn’t want me.”

****Marleau, who has been a lightning rod for criticism, said he and
GM Doug Wilson have talked about whether he should remain the team’s
captain.
“We’ve discussed some things and I’m waiting to see how that
unfolds,” he said. “But I’ve told Doug that I’m willing to do whatever
it takes to get this team to the next level.”

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

San Jose is in a tough spot. If they unload Nabokov, who takes over? Besides there aren't many options elsewhere as most teams are set in goal.

Even Colorado seems to have chosen to go with Anderson and Budaj. Maybe Washington deals Theodore and picks for Nabokov or LAK does something?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:San Jose is in a tough spot. If they unload Nabokov, who takes over? Besides there aren't many options elsewhere as most teams are set in goal.

Even Colorado seems to have chosen to go with Anderson and Budaj. Maybe Washington deals Theodore and picks for Nabokov or LAK does something?

Umm, Hiller?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:San Jose is in a tough spot. If they unload Nabokov, who takes over? Besides there aren't many options elsewhere as most teams are set in goal.

Umm, Hiller?

What does Anaheim have to do with any of this?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Umm, oops?

Edit: That was unintentional post-padding.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

I think somebody will take a gander at Nabokov at a $5.375 cap hit for one year.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Who though? I would have liked him on the Sens but not now that we have Leclaire.

- Unknown Author

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

yeah we don't need Nabokov, we have Leclaire and he is cheaper, and if anything doesn't pan out, we have Elliott, once his signing is made official.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

FFS....we clear the goalie issue and then Nabokov comes available. Figures.

Why has Wilson waited so diddling long!? Way to blow there dude. Wait until everyone has more or less their roster going into next year, then start to make some major waves. Good luck.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Is Nabokov even available? All this article suggests is that if asked, Nabokov would lift it as he doesn't want to play on a team that doesn't want him. Sounds reasonable to me, but has it been made public they're shopping him?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Is Nabokov even available? All this article suggests is that if asked, Nabokov would lift it as he doesn't want to play on a team that doesn't want him. Sounds reasonable to me, but has it been made public they're shopping him?

I don't know if they've made it public, but there certainly has been the odd rumour about it. They need a shakeup and they've done absolutely sweet Diddle all.

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

To Mon-
Nabobov
Marleau

To SJ-
Price
Weber/Subban
2nd

Vertigo

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Tuk Tuk Goose wrote:To Mon-
Nabobov
Marleau

To SJ-
Price
Weber/Subban
2nd

Vertigo

nan; can't see that happening.

Nabobov
Marleau

To SJ-
Price
Weber/Subban
2nd

Vertigo

hmm, strange you mention that, i seen a HB rumour today that habs/SJ were talkin' ... somethin' about Sharpe in the middle too ....

The madness in Montreal continues !

Ahhhhh!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Nabobov
Marleau

To SJ-
Price
Weber/Subban
2nd

Vertigo

Except, the Sharks would need a young, inexpensive forward to go with that. Probably take out Subban and add in the good Kostytsen or Plekanic.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum