GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Heatley - I'm not talking about Ottawa

+3
Hoags
spader
SensFan71
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Heatley - I'm not talking about Ottawa Empty Heatley - I'm not talking about Ottawa Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:20 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

CALGARY — Not that he’s too concerned about it, but Dany Heatley said yesterday he believes he’s been portrayed unfairly throughout his summer of discontent.
“Yeah, I think so,” said the embattled Senators forward after skating at Team Canada’s orientation camp.
“I think any time you haven’t met that person or don’t know the whole story it’s tough to jump to conclusions, but that’s the way it goes. That’s why we’re hockey players and that’s what we have to deal with at times.”
Taking a beating from fans and the media who’ve labelled the 28-year-old Calgarian selfish for reacting to a modified role by demanding a trade, Heatley showed no interest in unveiling more details yesterday to clear up his image.?
“I don’t want to get into it — when it’s all said and done, that time will come,” he said, suggesting there’s more to the story than the hockey world currently knows.
“I’m not going to talk about Ottawa — that’s as far as I’ll go.”

Full article below:
http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/2009/08/25/10610131.html

Well it looks like Dany is ready to run this team through the mud when he does get traded, or at least someone that has to do with the team. Should the organization be worried or is this just more theatrics from the selfish person that is Dany Heatley?

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Worried? I wouldn't think so. This sounds like he realizes that he's being portrayed as the selfish, team-second player that he is and is trying to create a backstory that would validate his whining. Notice he doesn't give a shred of information to indicate the "real story". At this point, he has nothing to lose and potentially lots to gain by explaining his position.

To anyone who will argue that he isn't dragging the team through the mud to protect them, nothing that he has done recently is for the good of the Senators. There is absolutely no reason to think that he is acting the protector now.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:Worried? I wouldn't think so. This sounds like he realizes that he's being portrayed as the selfish, team-second player that he is and is trying to create a backstory that would validate his whining. Notice he doesn't give a shred of information to indicate the "real story". At this point, he has nothing to lose and potentially lots to gain by explaining his position.

To anyone who will argue that he isn't dragging the team through the mud to protect them, nothing that he has done recently is for the good of the Senators. There is absolutely no reason to think that he is acting the protector now.

I think you may be onto something, won't know for sure until or if he is traded I guess, but if he wants a story, there has been that completely false/horrid rumour about Spezza's wife being his girlfriend before, I believe that is how it went.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Posted this in the other thread but I think he's just soliciting sympathy at this point, trying to hint there's more to it.

His comments about playing other roles for the team is ironic.

He is still coming off as someone who no longer considers himself a Senator, ie. the story will come out when he is traded.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:Posted this in the other thread but I think he's just soliciting sympathy at this point, trying to hint there's more to it.

His comments about playing other roles for the team is ironic.

He is still coming off as someone who no longer considers himself a Senator, ie. the story will come out when he is traded.

ah dang, I didn't even notice you posted that already, my apologies to you hoags. The story is already out Dany, you are a dick, your agents are dicks, and Ottawa would be better off without you from a personality stand point, talent wise, well that is to be determined.

6Heatley - I'm not talking about Ottawa Empty Re: Heatley - I'm not talking about Ottawa Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:58 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I think a team of lawyers just went on the alert. He'd better be very careful what he says about the organization, whether he's here or elsewhere. Under the terms of his contract he got paid $4M for this year already. If he says anything that could be seen as damaging to the caompany, he'd better be prepared to fight to keep that money.

7Heatley - I'm not talking about Ottawa Empty Re: Heatley - I'm not talking about Ottawa Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:39 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:
ah dang, I didn't even notice you posted that already, my apologies to you hoags. The story is already out Dany, you are a dick, your agents are dicks, and Ottawa would be better off without you from a personality stand point, talent wise, well that is to be determined.[/quote]

It's ok I think your thread was up first and I missed it Smile

Let's not forget that he's willing to come back, so it's not about leaving Ottawa but rather the destination. If leaving Ottawa was a priority he'd be an Oiler by now.

I think this whole thing is Dany's idea but his agents have been giving him advice the whole time.

"Hey Dany, you know that NTC we negotiated ? We think there's a way we can abuse it to get you what you want".

"Oh don't worry, a player of your stature will get flooded with offers, you'll have lots of options"

8Heatley - I'm not talking about Ottawa Empty Re: Heatley - I'm not talking about Ottawa Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:43 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Haven't done this for a while...figured it was time.

:p:

Leftie HEATLEY squirrel

9Heatley - I'm not talking about Ottawa Empty Re: Heatley - I'm not talking about Ottawa Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:56 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Haven't done this for a while...figured it was time.

:p:

Leftie HEATLEY squirrel

well those monkeys will be getting a huge workout if Heatley is still here, maybe even when he is not, he will be drawing our ire for years to come.

10Heatley - I'm not talking about Ottawa Empty Re: Heatley - I'm not talking about Ottawa Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:00 pm

Sophomore
Sophomore

Do we need any more evidence this guy has to be out of here BEFORE camp starts? He is going to be a complete distraction and we just don't need that. We need a TEAM starting the season not the Senators and heatley.

There will be a trade done at the last second because clearly heatley does not want to be here and Murray must realize he can't be in that dressing room.

I actually think if Edmonton is still interested, they could win this-the fans in Edmonton would forgive heatley and we could get Penner, Cogliano, Gilbert?

How many of us wouldn't do that deal now??

11Heatley - I'm not talking about Ottawa Empty Re: Heatley - I'm not talking about Ottawa Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:01 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

111519 wrote:Do we need any more evidence this guy has to be out of here BEFORE camp starts? He is going to be a complete distraction and we just don't need that. We need a TEAM starting the season not the Senators and heatley.

There will be a trade done at the last second because clearly heatley does not want to be here and Murray must realize he can't be in that dressing room.

I actually think if Edmonton is still interested, they could win this-the fans in Edmonton would forgive heatley and we could get Penner, Cogliano, Gilbert?

I would do that deal now with little reservations. I can't imagine he can come back here.

12Heatley - I'm not talking about Ottawa Empty Re: Heatley - I'm not talking about Ottawa Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:06 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

111519 wrote:Do we need any more evidence this guy has to be out of here BEFORE camp starts? He is going to be a complete distraction and we just don't need that. We need a TEAM starting the season not the Senators and heatley.

as much as I agree he will be a distraction to the team, I am just not a fan of having Murray just make a deal for the sake of getting him gone, as much as it frustrates me that nothing has been done, I am glad Murray hasn't settled for less, he wants to make this a hockey deal and a hockey deal it will be.

13Heatley - I'm not talking about Ottawa Empty Re: Heatley - I'm not talking about Ottawa Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:
as much as I agree he will be a distraction to the team, I am just not a fan of having Murray just make a deal for the sake of getting him gone, as much as it frustrates me that nothing has been done, I am glad Murray hasn't settled for less, he wants to make this a hockey deal and a hockey deal it will be.

Good point as well. PLEASE get Gilbert and Cogliano if this goes through!

14Heatley - I'm not talking about Ottawa Empty Re: Heatley - I'm not talking about Ottawa Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:23 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

Good point as well. PLEASE get Gilbert and Cogliano if this goes through!

I am not against getting Gagner or Eberle (he is an Oiler prospect right?) if it comes down to it.

15Heatley - I'm not talking about Ottawa Empty Re: Heatley - I'm not talking about Ottawa Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:31 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

What an arsefunk this guy is, I hate him!!! I'm just reading the article from the Sun now and this guy is full of himself. Unbelievable!

“The summer has been fine — it hasn’t been unlike any other summer from that point,” said Heatley, who retreated to his Kelowna home all summer, refusing to comment about his trade demand until pushed by Team Canada officials and finally addressing the media Friday.
“I’ve been away from it all summer — kind of actually back in it now. Hasn’t been a big deal. I haven’t been listening too much — just getting ready to start the season.”

What a piece of cat barf he is. Thanks buddy! We've had to deal with it all summer while you were "retreating" at your summer home, not giving 2 Dung about your team and how this is affecting them. It's all about you!

It's funny how he got the "A" last year and he's so friggin full of himself and puts himself above everyone. I shouldn't even bother writing what Fisher did this summer, since they shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath. But, you all get my drift.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum