GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Heatley: More pressure in San Jose than in Ottawa

+3
Urkie
PTFlea
shabbs
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Really now...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/11/30/mendes_heatley/

Whatever...

Just wait until you get bounced in the first round by Detroit... then you'll feel the pressure.

Hahahahaha....

..... really?

hahahhahahaha

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What does that even mean? Does he mean that there's more pressure on the Sharks because they're expected to do more? Or that there's genuinely is more pressure from media?

Whatever... Facepalm

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

SpezDispenser wrote:What does that even mean? Does he mean that there's more pressure on the Sharks because they're expected to do more? Or that there's genuinely is more pressure from media?

Whatever... Facepalm

I definitely think he insinuated that the Sharks are a much better team then any team he was on while in Ottawa. He has to be because there is no way that there is more media pressure in San Jose then in Ottawa. Otherwise he looks like an idiot but we already know that he is.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I'm not even sure the Sharks are on the same level as the Sens of 2005-2006.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

He's talking about the pressure to go deep into the playoffs and make it to the SCF due to the Sharks' history in the post season...

I guess that one reporter out there is really giving it to them...

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Pressure to make the playoffs and go deep is also high in Ottawa.

The Sens had a reputation as playoff chokers and underachievers as well, just like the Sharks.

Heatley should just shut up about Ottawa, I had the whole summer listening to him wanting options and upset about his diminished role etc.

Although I'm glad to hear he feels pressure there, I think Heatley thinks the "grass is greener on the other side of the fence" and it's not, not quite.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

If the Sharks get bounced in the first round... I'll be a happy camper.

Wink

Well ya... that 2nd rounder would be ever better.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Indeed.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It was clearly a shot at Ottawa. Trying to suggest that the media isn't an issue and that the only "pressure" that counts is "Hockey" pressure. Meaning there's somehow more expectation to win in San Jose than there ever was in Ottawa and that SJ is a far better team. He's only having fun now because the team he's on is winning and he's producing. Wait until he goes into a prolonged slump or the team under performs and under acheives. He won't be having as much fun then. Of course now he can go surf it off and easily avoid the whole media entourage of 1. Heatley: More pressure in San Jose than in Ottawa 62136

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hey Heatley, we'll check back with ya after the first round of the playoffs are done... and you guys have been bounced...

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Speaking of Douchebabs, does anyone suppose there's more pressure in Windermere than in San Jose?
Heatley: More pressure in San Jose than in Ottawa Dbwood11

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:Speaking of Douchebabs, does anyone suppose there's more pressure in Windermere than in San Jose?

We're talking about Hockey pressure which is different than media pressure. Media pressure doesn't mean anything.

- Unknown Author

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Heatley is on cloud 9 because he's on a talented team hyped to win the cup. Sure he's having fun now.

When the team chokes in the playoffs I will be very interested to hear his opinions then.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum