GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

San Jose and Ottawa working on a deal?

+27
dennycrane
caissie_1
Vandelay
M_Christopher
Acrobat
Sens19
TheAvatar
Hockeyhero22000
ddt
SensFan71
Cronie
jawal
Tuk Tuk
Phoenix30
Hoags
wprager
rooneypoo
The Silfer Server
beedub
PKC
jamvan
SensGirl11
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
Riprock
Cap'n Clutch
31 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 25]

1San Jose and Ottawa working on a deal? Empty San Jose and Ottawa working on a deal? Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:00 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Just told this from a source. It's a rumour so take it for what it's worth.

To Ottawa: Marleau and Cheechoo

To San Jose: Heatley

There are two major stumbling blocks I've been told. The status of J. Smith - He needs to go on LTIR for this to work.

Getting Marleau to agree to an extension which would be in the 5M cap hit range.

I'm also told that this would likely mean Lee plays in the minors, Schubert gets waived and Karlsson starts the season in the 5/6 D slot.

- Unknown Author

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Not too bad... I actually like that. Marleau had a good year last year, and probably be a good leader, veteran presence and point producer. Cheechoo needs a new home, and could very well hit 30 (goals) perhaps.

Smith could - LTIR, retire, or Ottawa does the mean thing and waives him or trades if a partner is available... or maybe make SJ take him and buy him out?

I like E.K. making the team as well.

Only thing is, Marleau is a natural center... like Fisher...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

We lose a bit of depth at D and get some nice addition to the forwards... a lot of moving parts to this one. Will be interesting to see if it materializes.

Who would be our 7th d-man?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well Marleau played some time on the Wings and did well there so it could still work. I'm worried about the Cheechoo contract though. If he doesn't find his game that is an ugly contract to have to eat.

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:Only thing is, Marleau is a natural center... like Fisher...

Actually, he posted a 71 pt. season playing on the LW last year.

Marleau - Spezza - Kovalev

That's some tasty chicken.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Good Lord...you guys know in what high regard I hold Marleau. Cheechoo was someone I wanted before we got Kovalev, but to have him as well? Wow. Piss off Edmonton, I want this one.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:Actually, he posted a 71 pt. season playing on the LW last year.

:drooling: Plus, do you know how fast Marleau is?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hmmm... Good question. If what I was told is accurate then it looks like they may not carry an extra D and rely on emergency callup scenarios in order to save cap room. Because if J. Smith, Schubert and Lee are all off the main roster then we're down to 6 right? Perhaps they only carry an extra forward?

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Donovan I think.

10San Jose and Ottawa working on a deal? Empty Re: San Jose and Ottawa working on a deal? Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:17 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Hmmm... Good question. If what I was told is accurate then it looks like they may not carry an extra D and rely on emergency callup scenarios in order to save cap room. Because if J. Smith, Schubert and Lee are all off the main roster then we're down to 6 right? Perhaps they only carry an extra forward?
Yeah, that's my concern. We had a log jam at D and now we're looking at carrying 6 D to start the season...

11San Jose and Ottawa working on a deal? Empty Re: San Jose and Ottawa working on a deal? Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:17 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Actually, he posted a 71 pt. season playing on the LW last year.

Wow. Big and fast? Me likey.

- Unknown Author

12San Jose and Ottawa working on a deal? Empty Re: San Jose and Ottawa working on a deal? Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:18 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:

I actually didn't. My brother-in-law gave me the goods on Marleau who, for some reason, is his favourite player. Shrug

13San Jose and Ottawa working on a deal? Empty Re: San Jose and Ottawa working on a deal? Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:18 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Wow. Big and fast? Me likey.

Also score-ey and point-ey... cool)

14San Jose and Ottawa working on a deal? Empty Re: San Jose and Ottawa working on a deal? Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:19 pm

Lee and Karlsson's cap hit are the same.

15San Jose and Ottawa working on a deal? Empty Re: San Jose and Ottawa working on a deal? Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:19 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Wow. Big and fast? Me likey.

For sure. I went to see SJ play a couple of years ago and Marleau was already one of my favourites. He single handedly blew by every member of the Sens, short-handed I believe - and scored the winning goal in what I think was a 2-1 Sharks win. He's got explosive speed - as long as his health is still good.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 25]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum