GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

No "Big-O" gig for the Habs

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1No "Big-O" gig for the Habs Empty No "Big-O" gig for the Habs Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:01 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Montreal/2009/08/24/10589031-ca.html

The main stumbling block appears
to be the possibility that the Montreal Alouettes would be hosting the
Canadian Football League Eastern Final on Nov. 22, leaving the
Canadiens with less than a week to prepare the facility for an NHL
game.

2No "Big-O" gig for the Habs Empty Re: No "Big-O" gig for the Habs Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:15 pm

Just as well. The roof would probably fall off onto the rink in the 3rd period. Time to tear that POS down.

3No "Big-O" gig for the Habs Empty Re: No "Big-O" gig for the Habs Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:51 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

hemlock wrote:Just as well. The roof would probably fall off onto the rink in the 3rd period. Time to tear that POS down.

They could save demolition costs by scheduling playoff games there. Any one from the 4th onward in any round. The Habs would inevitably lose, probably sooner rather than later.

The "fans" could do the rest... Burning Car

4No "Big-O" gig for the Habs Empty Re: No "Big-O" gig for the Habs Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:11 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Thinking outside the box; I like that Smile

5No "Big-O" gig for the Habs Empty Re: No "Big-O" gig for the Habs Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:25 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Speaking of cement blocks falling down, there's been a lot of that lately, hasn't there? Started a few (quite a few) years back when pieces of the Big-O fell down. Apparently they used reebars that were under spec in thickness (some contractor or supplier was saving money). Then a year or so ago there was a chunk of an overpass that fell down. Then a while later another one. And a few weeks ago a couple were celebrating with an anniversary lunch when a chunk of cement fell and flattened the woman, leaving her husband with a crushed hand.

Coincidences or is there some issues with contruction crews/companies/suppliers in Montreal?

6No "Big-O" gig for the Habs Empty Re: No "Big-O" gig for the Habs Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:26 pm

wprager wrote:Speaking of cement blocks falling down, there's been a lot of that lately, hasn't there? Started a few (quite a few) years back when pieces of the Big-O fell down. Apparently they used reebars that were under spec in thickness (some contractor or supplier was saving money). Then a year or so ago there was a chunk of an overpass that fell down. Then a while later another one. And a few weeks ago a couple were celebrating with an anniversary lunch when a chunk of cement fell and flattened the woman, leaving her husband with a crushed hand.

Coincidences or is there some issues with contruction crews/companies/suppliers in Montreal?

Flattened the woman? As in crushed to death?

7No "Big-O" gig for the Habs Empty Re: No "Big-O" gig for the Habs Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:20 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yes.

http://montreal.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20090716/mtl_falling_concrete_090716/20090716/?hub=MontrealHome

I'm surprised it never made much of a splash here. I listen to Montreal radio quite a bit, and I also frequent canoe.ca (they are full of death and mayhem and the like).

8No "Big-O" gig for the Habs Empty Re: No "Big-O" gig for the Habs Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:25 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Yes.

http://montreal.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20090716/mtl_falling_concrete_090716/20090716/?hub=MontrealHome

I'm surprised it never made much of a splash here. I listen to Montreal radio quite a bit, and I also frequent canoe.ca (they are full of death and mayhem and the like).

I look up at those concrete panels and wonder what the hell is holding them up there all the time... Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum