GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Grier signs with Buffalo

+4
davetherave
Sens19
Flo The Action
shabbs
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31Grier signs with Buffalo - Page 3 Empty Re: Grier signs with Buffalo Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:02 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I see Grier's contract has a NMC!

HA HA!

What?

32Grier signs with Buffalo - Page 3 Empty Re: Grier signs with Buffalo Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:25 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:I see Grier's contract has a NMC!

HA HA!

What?

How many years, two? Then it's not too bad. But still unnecessary, IMO.

33Grier signs with Buffalo - Page 3 Empty Re: Grier signs with Buffalo Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:27 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

1.2 million, 1 year.

34Grier signs with Buffalo - Page 3 Empty Re: Grier signs with Buffalo Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:38 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:1.2 million, 1 year.

Then what's the point of the NMC? It's cleary a one-way contract, and what's one year in the AHL if you're still making $1.2M? And if it's a trade *out of* Buffalo, why wouldn't anyone take it?

35Grier signs with Buffalo - Page 3 Empty Re: Grier signs with Buffalo Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:40 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

Then what's the point of the NMC? It's cleary a one-way contract, and what's one year in the AHL if you're still making $1.2M? And if it's a trade *out of* Buffalo, why wouldn't anyone take it?

It appears that the more mature, family oriented players in the league happen to like suburban Buffalo very much.

36Grier signs with Buffalo - Page 3 Empty Re: Grier signs with Buffalo Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:00 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:

It's all about control...

I'm sure everyone asks for a NMC in their contract if they can get one... maybe he was surprised to get one.

37Grier signs with Buffalo - Page 3 Empty Re: Grier signs with Buffalo Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:28 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Yeh I would like to have security no matter how long or where the deal is.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum