GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

TBOFS- Buffalo Sabres

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Sabre's player with the biggest impact on the Franchise?

TBOFS- Buffalo Sabres Vote_lcap216%TBOFS- Buffalo Sabres Vote_rcap2 16% [ 3 ]
TBOFS- Buffalo Sabres Vote_lcap20%TBOFS- Buffalo Sabres Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
TBOFS- Buffalo Sabres Vote_lcap274%TBOFS- Buffalo Sabres Vote_rcap2 74% [ 14 ]
TBOFS- Buffalo Sabres Vote_lcap25%TBOFS- Buffalo Sabres Vote_rcap2 5% [ 1 ]
TBOFS- Buffalo Sabres Vote_lcap25%TBOFS- Buffalo Sabres Vote_rcap2 5% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 19

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1TBOFS- Buffalo Sabres Empty TBOFS- Buffalo Sabres Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:09 pm

First Time I've had such a hard Diddle choice. Any of the French Connection Line, or Hasek I thought of voting for. In the end I took Gilbert.

2TBOFS- Buffalo Sabres Empty Re: TBOFS- Buffalo Sabres Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:11 pm

I took Hasek. He made some really average teams alot better. He's probably in the top 5 greatest goalies of all time. Hard to ignore that.

3TBOFS- Buffalo Sabres Empty Re: TBOFS- Buffalo Sabres Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:13 pm

hemlock34 wrote:I took Hasek. He made some really average teams alot better. He's probably in the top 5 greatest goalies of all time. Hard to ignore that.
Gil was just so dominate if you ever got to see him. One of the best skaters I've ever seen.

4TBOFS- Buffalo Sabres Empty Re: TBOFS- Buffalo Sabres Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:23 pm

so many other players could of made this list- LaFontaine,Tom Barrasso, Mogilny. tim horton, Foligno, Satan

5TBOFS- Buffalo Sabres Empty Re: TBOFS- Buffalo Sabres Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:45 pm

Tukker wrote:so many other players could of made this list- LaFontaine,Tom Barrasso, Mogilny. tim horton, Foligno, Satan
Scratch Tim Horton, he didnt do much for the franchise.

6TBOFS- Buffalo Sabres Empty Re: TBOFS- Buffalo Sabres Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:56 pm

anyone want to comment?

7TBOFS- Buffalo Sabres Empty Re: TBOFS- Buffalo Sabres Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:01 pm

I never saw the french connection live, but I am aware of the impact they had on that franchise. I still maintain that Hasek is the greatest player to ever put on that ugly Donkey uniform. The guy won how many vezinas and the Hart twice? That's off the hook. Like I said previously, he made bad teams better, and although my bias leans towards players I've actually seen, I can't imagine anyone one player having the kind of impact Hasek had.

8TBOFS- Buffalo Sabres Empty Re: TBOFS- Buffalo Sabres Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:04 pm

hemlock34 wrote:I never saw the french connection live, but I am aware of the impact they had on that franchise. I still maintain that Hasek is the greatest player to ever put on that ugly Donkey uniform. The guy won how many vezinas and the Hart twice? That's off the hook. Like I said previously, he made bad teams better, and although my bias leans towards players I've actually seen, I can't imagine anyone one player having the kind of impact Hasek had.
gil just won it over Hasek for me, but it was tough to call. You also have to remember that Hasek brought the team to the finals for the first time.

9TBOFS- Buffalo Sabres Empty Re: TBOFS- Buffalo Sabres Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:57 pm

Damn Brett Hull!

10TBOFS- Buffalo Sabres Empty Re: TBOFS- Buffalo Sabres Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:17 pm

hemlock34 wrote:Damn Brett Hull!
:lol!:

11TBOFS- Buffalo Sabres Empty Re: TBOFS- Buffalo Sabres Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:50 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hands down Hasek. Without him they don't even get near the Finals. He also had a huge impact in leaving that team.

- Unknown Author

12TBOFS- Buffalo Sabres Empty Re: TBOFS- Buffalo Sabres Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:53 pm

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Hands down Hasek. Without him they don't even get near the Finals. He also had a huge impact in leaving that team.
If I recall, the Sabres got to the conference finals with the French Connection Line

13TBOFS- Buffalo Sabres Empty Re: TBOFS- Buffalo Sabres Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:02 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tukker wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Hands down Hasek. Without him they don't even get near the Finals. He also had a huge impact in leaving that team.
If I recall, the Sabres got to the conference finals with the French Connection Line

Even so, With Hasek, plus an average team, they got to the Stanley Cup Finals.

- Unknown Author

14TBOFS- Buffalo Sabres Empty Re: TBOFS- Buffalo Sabres Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:04 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I went with Hasek as well - primarily because I didn't see the French Connection play first hand. I think they had one of the top 3 goalies of all time in the very peak of his awesome prime.

15TBOFS- Buffalo Sabres Empty Re: TBOFS- Buffalo Sabres Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:21 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

It has to be The Dominator. I remember that one year we met the Sabres in the playoffs. But we weren't playing the Sabres, we were playing Dominik Hasek. He was so dominant in that series.. I was young, but I remember him getting shelled game in and game out and they STILL managed to beat us...

Easy choice from my perspective.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum