GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Grier signs with Buffalo

+4
davetherave
Sens19
Flo The Action
shabbs
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Grier signs with Buffalo Empty Grier signs with Buffalo Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:05 pm

Coincidence that I found this out since I am the GM for the Sabres in the SIM game, but this signing is in real life.

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=469827&navid=DL|BUF|home#&navid=nhl-home-dl

2Grier signs with Buffalo Empty Re: Grier signs with Buffalo Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:08 pm

Grier is yours in sim!

Ahhhhh!

Last edited by HowieMorenz on Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:23 pm; edited 3 times in total

3Grier signs with Buffalo Empty Re: Grier signs with Buffalo Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:13 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

DOMINO!!!

4Grier signs with Buffalo Empty Re: Grier signs with Buffalo Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:18 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

someone remind me, didn'tSJS get rid of grier or they decided not to re-sign him?

5Grier signs with Buffalo Empty Re: Grier signs with Buffalo Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:44 pm

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:someone remind me, didn'tSJS get rid of grier or they decided not to re-sign him?

I think they just decided to not re-sign him

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

6Grier signs with Buffalo Empty Re: Grier signs with Buffalo Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:46 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sens19 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:someone remind me, didn'tSJS get rid of grier or they decided not to re-sign him?

I think they just decided to not re-sign him
that's the impression i got.

7Grier signs with Buffalo Empty Re: Grier signs with Buffalo Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:05 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Mike Grier is still a good, solid, reliable and versatile player. A real competitor who will add skill and character to the Sabres. Good for Mike.

8Grier signs with Buffalo Empty Re: Grier signs with Buffalo Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:10 pm

He's also played there before, so familiarity is nice. Buffalo makes the playoffs this year I think. Butler should be there full time, and Sekera is going to be even better.

Grier is exactly the type of guy they need for the stretch drive/playoffs.

9Grier signs with Buffalo Empty Re: Grier signs with Buffalo Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:29 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Grier missed 20 games last year with a knee injury, but he was still the Sharks' 3rd most physical player with 147 hits in 62 contests (source: RDS). Gutsy guy. Buffalo fans will surely welcome him back.

Grier signs with Buffalo Grier10

10Grier signs with Buffalo Empty Re: Grier signs with Buffalo Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:10 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Such a great signing. This guy is a gritty, fast, great player. Leader too. Buffalo is tough to get in the playoffs, but they certainly helped their cause here.

How much $$? 1.2 ish?

11Grier signs with Buffalo Empty Re: Grier signs with Buffalo Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:10 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Grier is nearing the end of his career. The Sabres remember him from 4 years ago, but this will not be the same player. He turns 35 in January and he has definitely lost a step or two since he was last there in 2006. Playing on the "best" team in the NHL he managed to get 23 points in 63 games. And he was getting decent ice time at 15 minutes per game. This is nothing more than a depth signing and a little PR to bring back a hard working, fan favorite. But all that hard work and happy fans will translate into no more (and probably fewer than) 10 goals and 20 points -- at the espense of a guy like Matt Ellis riding the bench or the pressbox.

12Grier signs with Buffalo Empty Re: Grier signs with Buffalo Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:18 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

End of the line for Peters?

13Grier signs with Buffalo Empty Re: Grier signs with Buffalo Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:35 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think this is exactly what the hockey world was waiting for. Watch the Heatley saga draw to a close now and the Tanguay signing fall into place...

14Grier signs with Buffalo Empty Re: Grier signs with Buffalo Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:18 am

shabbs wrote:End of the line for Peters?

I don't think Grier is a true heavyweight though. Peters still fills a need for Buffalo. It's same thing as Bass replacing Neil. Sure, Bass fights, but as far as enforcers go, he isn't in the same league.

15Grier signs with Buffalo Empty Re: Grier signs with Buffalo Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:19 am

wprager wrote:Grier is nearing the end of his career. The Sabres remember him from 4 years ago, but this will not be the same player. He turns 35 in January and he has definitely lost a step or two since he was last there in 2006. Playing on the "best" team in the NHL he managed to get 23 points in 63 games. And he was getting decent ice time at 15 minutes per game. This is nothing more than a depth signing and a little PR to bring back a hard working, fan favorite. But all that hard work and happy fans will translate into no more (and probably fewer than) 10 goals and 20 points -- at the espense of a guy like Matt Ellis riding the bench or the pressbox.

Way to poop all over this thread!

You're probably right though...I still like what he brings for a million or so.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum