GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kane Incident 'Blown Out of Proportion', says taxi driver's attorney

+8
Vandelay
TheAvatar
Tuk Tuk
shabbs
SensGirl11
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
davetherave
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 8]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If I were the lawyer, part of the settlement would have to be Kane losing that happy-Donkey weak mouthguard of his.

Last edited by SeawaySensFan on Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tuk Tuk

Veteran
Veteran

Like I've said before, Kane has always had this attitude. Even in the OHL he had a sense of entitlement, putting himself on a pedestal.

Whatever the bastard gets he deserves.

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Of course they are going to be able to work things out, who ever thought otherwise.

That being said, if The Hawks were ever going to make a choice between the two young stars, it's been made.

Wasn't it made the instant Toews stepped onto the ice? He's a better all-around hockey player IMO.

However, we're all kidding ourselves if we think Chicago will let one of the Big 3 go (Keith). They'll trade what they have to trade (Barker, Byfuglien, Sharp Ahhhhh! , Versteeg), whatever they have to do to get under the cap and retain all 3 of these guys.

Just bad cap management, that's what the Hawks are guilty of, but they'll shed some of these contracts for sure.

May I ask again, now Byfuglien got $3M?? I know he's pretty good and had some pretty decent stats, but $3M, at this point in his career? Very odd. (Again, I wouldn't mind having this guy on my team, but not for that much) I really don't know how you trade him. This could hurt them a lot, they might be screwed with that salary, and that might be the reason that they won't be able to re-sign Sharp.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

I'm just putting it out there; if anyone wants to punch me for 100k$, I'll even wear glasses too Smile

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Tallon loved throwing the $3M salaries around...he seemed to be trigger happy there. For 2 guys that were unproven too.

Last edited by SensGirl11 on Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensGirl11 wrote:May I ask again, now Byfuglien got $3M?? I know he's pretty good and had some pretty decent stats, but $3M, at this point in his career? Very odd. (Again, I wouldn't mind having this guy on my team, but not for that much) I really don't know how you trade him. This could hurt them a lot, they might be screwed with that salary, and that might be the reason that they won't be able to re-sign Sharp.

Because Buff is the Stuff.

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

TheAvatar wrote:I'm just putting it out there; if anyone wants to punch me for 100k$, I'll even wear glasses too Smile

I'd let someone punch you for $100K too Sarcasm

Who is the big 3 in Chicago now? I know Hossa is defently part of the "big 3" Way too much money comitted for waaaay too long. I cant see them giving up a stud in Keith or Toews (being one of the best two way players in the game already). Kane has issues obviously and a lot is starting to come out about his general attitude and view on himself. I absolutly think Kane can be dealt by The Hawks for a HUGE ransom, especially from a team like Bufalo.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:Who is the big 3 in Chicago now? I know Hossa is defently part of the "big 3" Way too much money comitted for waaaay too long. I cant see them giving up a stud in Keith or Toews (being one of the best two way players in the game already). Kane has issues obviously and a lot is starting to come out about his general attitude and view on himself. I absolutly think Kane can be dealt by The Hawks for a HUGE ransom, especially from a team like Bufalo.

I thought the Big 3 would be Kane, Toews and Keith because you can build around these guys for the next 10 years and still ice a competitive team.

Hossa was an odd signing, he's core now, although he probably should be.

Seabrook and that's about the core right there.

Sexy core too. Wow. I see your point about Kane being valuable though. You don't think Chicago would keep him though?

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

It seems to be, and there isn't really a way around it. If you're only talking big 3.

Toews
Hossa
Keith

Secondary

Versteeg
Seabrook
Bolland (at a hefty 3.375 per, until 2014)

Huet until 2012 at 5.625 <- good luck trading that contract, unless he has a killer season.

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/John-Jaeckel/The-Rest-Of-The-Story/128/22472

Not sure how reputable this Jaeckel character is but he puts the odds for Kane getting dealt at 60/40.

I 100% believe Kane will be dealt after this season unless they can keep him at about a 4 mil cap hit. Keith, Seabrook, Toews, and now Hossa are/should be the core. Kane IMO is expendable and could bring in an absolute ransom.

Also, with that kind of internal leadership a guy liek Kyle Beach will eventually step in and be a great part of that team, potentially one of the best 2nd line centers in the league. You still have Skille (who has to make the team this year) and Aliu who can play the wing in Chicago.

Kane is absolutly a moveable piece and him being part of the core with his apparent off ice attitude could end up hurting the Hawks more then helping.

Also, add in Campbell, way too much money tied up. Trading Kane wont hurt Chicago though, way too deep on the blue line and up front, the only thing that will hurt Chicago is their goaltending if Huet cant do the job.

Chicago will be good for years, with or without Kane.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Kane Incident 'Blown Out of Proportion', says taxi driver's attorney - Page 2 Patric10

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

The bling's too much; shouldn't be allowed in a team picture that's for sure. I just realised it actually says 20 cents. that's frickin' hilarious!

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

davetherave wrote:Kane Incident 'Blown Out of Proportion', says taxi driver's attorney - Page 2 Patric10

It's hilarious how quickly these things came out. :^^^^:

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

They told him he was a hockey player. I don't doubt it's been blown out of proportion. Just another civilian trying to get a big payday.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

TheAvatar wrote:The bling's too much; shouldn't be allowed in a team picture that's for sure. I just realised it actually says 20 cents. that's frickin' hilarious!
The wonders of Photoshop!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum