GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Senators Forward Prospects #2

+3
wprager
SensGirl11
PTFlea
7 posters

POLL: Senators Forward Prospect #2

Senators Forward Prospects #2 Vote_lcap213%Senators Forward Prospects #2 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 2 ]
Senators Forward Prospects #2 Vote_lcap27%Senators Forward Prospects #2 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 1 ]
Senators Forward Prospects #2 Vote_lcap27%Senators Forward Prospects #2 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 1 ]
Senators Forward Prospects #2 Vote_lcap20%Senators Forward Prospects #2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Senators Forward Prospects #2 Vote_lcap233%Senators Forward Prospects #2 Vote_rcap2 33% [ 5 ]
Senators Forward Prospects #2 Vote_lcap20%Senators Forward Prospects #2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Senators Forward Prospects #2 Vote_lcap240%Senators Forward Prospects #2 Vote_rcap2 40% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 15

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Senators Forward Prospects #2 Empty Senators Forward Prospects #2 Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:45 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Peter Regin won as the best forward prospect the Sens have.

1.Peter Regin

2Senators Forward Prospects #2 Empty Re: Senators Forward Prospects #2 Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:51 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I vote for Petersson. Although, I'm not extremely familiar with his development or anything, he had an awesome showing at the WJC last year and seems like he's really on the right track to being a great forward in the NHL. I'm also assuming that he will be a top 6.

I just read up on him a little bit and he sounds like a Martin Havlat type. Can score but is selfish with the puck more often than not. If he can work around that and be more of a team player, he could turn out to be an awesome all around player. I'm not sure about his backchecking either, it sounds like he's all about scoring more than anything.

3Senators Forward Prospects #2 Empty Re: Senators Forward Prospects #2 Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:53 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

And here it is, From Hockey's Future.

Talent Analysis Petersson is a one-dimensional offensive player. A magician with the puck with plenty of slick moves in his repertoire. He loves to challenge the opposing defenseman and is good one-one-one. Petersson is a natural scorer, but at the same time delivers crisp passes. The only knock here, is that he sometimes is a bit too puck happy, and should pass more. What makes him even tougher to stop, is the fact that he is an above average skater with good acceleration and agility.

The major knock on Petersson is his defensive game, work ethic and consistency. He does not really care to back-check and is always focused on contributing offensively instead. Also, if he could bring his A game each night, he would be able to be an even more productive player. In the Swedish junior league, Petersson at times was outstanding, only to be invisible in the next game. Sometimes he does not seem to be inspired and hangs with his head. When on top of the game, however, he is a player that can do the unexpected and win a game for his team. Enormous potential.

4Senators Forward Prospects #2 Empty Re: Senators Forward Prospects #2 Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:57 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I guess I'll keep voting Caporusso until someone else joins me Smile

5Senators Forward Prospects #2 Empty Re: Senators Forward Prospects #2 Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:06 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:I guess I'll keep voting Caporusso until someone else joins me Smile

I'm close to joining you. It's between him and Petersson for me. Tough call, I'll have to think on it. cool)

6Senators Forward Prospects #2 Empty Re: Senators Forward Prospects #2 Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:24 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

it was tough, but I went with little Louie on this one, sure Petersson is a great offensive guy, but Louie's better two way play is what gives him the edge over Petersson, but it is very close.

7Senators Forward Prospects #2 Empty Re: Senators Forward Prospects #2 Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:36 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Silfverberg has a cool name...but Petersson has been around and looks good...but O'Brien has mad skills and one of the best wristers in our system...Caporusso might be the next Diving Fairy (Derek Roy)...

How am I supposed to decide? My favourite might be Sandin, but I'll go...Petersson I think.

Toughest one yet.

8Senators Forward Prospects #2 Empty Re: Senators Forward Prospects #2 Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:01 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

O'Brien has mad skills? Granted, I only saw him once (against Kazakhstan) and I wasn't very much impressed. Against that team a skill player could have had a field day, but O'Brien looked like he wanted to his everything in sight. I thought he was more of a 2-way player than skilled.

9Senators Forward Prospects #2 Empty Re: Senators Forward Prospects #2 Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:04 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:O'Brien has mad skills? Granted, I only saw him once (against Kazakhstan) and I wasn't very much impressed. Against that team a skill player could have had a field day, but O'Brien looked like he wanted to his everything in sight. I thought he was more of a 2-way player than skilled.

He's got skills for sure, perhaps not evil skills, but a heck of a wrister, accurate, fast, a nice slap shot, good defensive conscience, great forechecker.

He's not in the same boat as the other guys on that American team. Wilson, Schroeder etc. are in a different class, but I like what O'Brien brings.

Until it's proved otherwise, I shall call him 'Mike Fisher with hands'. :n:

10Senators Forward Prospects #2 Empty Re: Senators Forward Prospects #2 Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:34 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

I went with Silfverberg.

I know he's still new in the system, and the youngest of the players mentioned, but he's already known as a two way player, who could turn into something special. He has a well proportioned body for someone his age (6'1, 187) and although only played part of the season in the SEL, still put up some solid numbers.

Something interesting though, he's only a month older than Petersson. But where Petersson seems to be a one way offensive player, Silfverberg appears to have the complete game.

11Senators Forward Prospects #2 Empty Re: Senators Forward Prospects #2 Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bass Destruction wrote:I went with Silfverberg.

I know he's still new in the system, and the youngest of the players mentioned, but he's already known as a two way player, who could turn into something special. He has a well proportioned body for someone his age (6'1, 187) and although only played part of the season in the SEL, still put up some solid numbers.

Something interesting though, he's only a month older than Petersson. But where Petersson seems to be a one way offensive player, Silfverberg appears to have the complete game.

Is he playing JR or Men's hockey in the SEL? Jr I assume.

12Senators Forward Prospects #2 Empty Re: Senators Forward Prospects #2 Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:24 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wow, no, at 17 they allowed him onto the Brynas IF Gavle, which is the real thing.

Same team as Sandin.

Oddly enough, look who the team leader in points is:
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0014312009.html

13Senators Forward Prospects #2 Empty Re: Senators Forward Prospects #2 Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:27 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:O'Brien has mad skills? Granted, I only saw him once (against Kazakhstan) and I wasn't very much impressed. Against that team a skill player could have had a field day, but O'Brien looked like he wanted to his everything in sight. I thought he was more of a 2-way player than skilled.

Was on the checking line, that`s why.

14Senators Forward Prospects #2 Empty Re: Senators Forward Prospects #2 Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:48 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:Wow, no, at 17 they allowed him onto the Brynas IF Gavle, which is the real thing.

Same team as Sandin.

Oddly enough, look who the team leader in points is:
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0014312009.html

That old puck-hog! :^^^^:

15Senators Forward Prospects #2 Empty Re: Senators Forward Prospects #2 Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:19 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I guess it's a good thing that O'Brien seems to be far down the list of prospects. I remember Sens fans, myself included, being quite happy with him and his development. I still voted for him. I'm being all Pragish about it I guess Wink

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum