GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Senators Forward Prospects

+9
shabbs
LeCaptain
beerandsens
wprager
SensFan71
The Silfer Server
Tuk Tuk
Hockeyhero22000
PTFlea
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

POLL: Senators Top Forward Prospect # 1

Senators Forward Prospects Vote_lcap213%Senators Forward Prospects Vote_rcap2 13% [ 4 ]
Senators Forward Prospects Vote_lcap260%Senators Forward Prospects Vote_rcap2 60% [ 18 ]
Senators Forward Prospects Vote_lcap23%Senators Forward Prospects Vote_rcap2 3% [ 1 ]
Senators Forward Prospects Vote_lcap27%Senators Forward Prospects Vote_rcap2 7% [ 2 ]
Senators Forward Prospects Vote_lcap23%Senators Forward Prospects Vote_rcap2 3% [ 1 ]
Senators Forward Prospects Vote_lcap20%Senators Forward Prospects Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Senators Forward Prospects Vote_lcap20%Senators Forward Prospects Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Senators Forward Prospects Vote_lcap210%Senators Forward Prospects Vote_rcap2 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 30

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Senators Forward Prospects Empty Senators Forward Prospects Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:04 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

A few members were wondering if we should do a poll for our best forward prospects. Why not? Nothing much happening now anyway. ⭕

These are the prospects that you see as our 'blue-chip' prospects. You think they have the pedigree, the skills and the work ethic to make the NHL and have the biggest impact.

2Senators Forward Prospects Empty Re: Senators Forward Prospects Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:11 am

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

I will continue to vote for Regin until he wins one of these polls i was really impressed with the call up games he played last year especially with the good face off percentage and the fact that he always seems to be in postion and is always moving his feet

3Senators Forward Prospects Empty Re: Senators Forward Prospects Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:14 am

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

Petersson has the potential to be our best. Regin will more than likely end up being the best, but I'll vote for Petersson

4Senators Forward Prospects Empty Re: Senators Forward Prospects Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:49 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I give Regin the vote. I think he can be a very skilled, slick 2nd line center, who, given time will be able to put up 20+ goals. I think in a perfect world for a Sens fan he puts up 25 goals and 50 assists. That's about his ceiling, but I think in his prime he puts up 50 points and is a solid 2-way player.

This is not a runaway for me personally, I agree with Tuk that Petersson could be the explosive forward we've missed drafting for a while.

I've also really like Sandin for a while now.

5Senators Forward Prospects Empty Re: Senators Forward Prospects Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:55 am

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

I voted for Peter Regin. Once he found his stride in the AHL, and was free from injury, he posted some very solid numbers. He's a complete player who is NHL ready and all he needs is his shot, and I would be ecstatic if that shot came this year, while centrering Kovalev and Alfie.

I enjoyed what I saw from Andre Petersson at the World Juniors, but I don't quite think he's on par with Regin. He has offensive skill, no question, but this is a guy that is smaller than Karlsson. He has yet to play a full year in the SEL. At this point, I think I would even put Silfverberg ahead of him.

6Senators Forward Prospects Empty Re: Senators Forward Prospects Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:04 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

I voted for Regin, really like what I see from this guy, Petersson may have more potential, but that is all it could end up being. We know what we are getting from Regin, a solid two way player that doesn't have hands of stone.

7Senators Forward Prospects Empty Re: Senators Forward Prospects Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:50 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Interesting. Relatively speaking there's a lot of love for Silfverberg.

8Senators Forward Prospects Empty Re: Senators Forward Prospects Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:58 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

A few months ago I voted so many times for Caporusso (for the Hobey Baker) that it was like being on autopilot for me. Sorry.

Regin is the one who will contribute the soonest, but I don't see him putting up big numbers or even playing a regular 2nd line role for a couple of years, minimum. Right now Foligno is ahead of him in that regard. The best he will manage is regular 3rd line minutes (unless they move Fisher to wing and then Regin can take the draws on line 2). I doubt he gets 20 goals playing 10 shifts a night.

9Senators Forward Prospects Empty Re: Senators Forward Prospects Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:19 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That's true actually. I wonder if he might get more minutes if he centers a Shannon and Kelly line. Maybe 14 minutes? But yeah, he won't have a ton of minutes for sure.

10Senators Forward Prospects Empty Re: Senators Forward Prospects Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:23 pm

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

...which sucks, I'd like to see him challenged with as much ice time as possible but it looks like he won't even be a regular for the Sens this season barring any considerable trade.

11Senators Forward Prospects Empty Re: Senators Forward Prospects Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:48 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

He can play 18 minutes a night with Kelly, but he's not going to be getting 50 points, let alone 50 assists.

12Senators Forward Prospects Empty Re: Senators Forward Prospects Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:20 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Does anyone remember if Silfverberg was at the draft in person? I was just reading some google translated interview done after the combine and being interviewed by 23 teams. When asked if he was going to the draft he said no, that only those expected to go in the first two rounds would be going.

The Sens grabbed him with a fairly early 2nd round pick (39) so he must have come up in the rankings between the combine and draft day.

13Senators Forward Prospects Empty Re: Senators Forward Prospects Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:02 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

We should put any promising rookie (Regin being the most ready), playing with either Alfredsson or Kovalev. It's the most effective way to give them confidence and those two are more than awesome at making players around'em better. Every team does this, but unfortunately when we put Alfie away from the 2 goofs they were useless. Now is the time to take the most out of Kovalev.

14Senators Forward Prospects Empty Re: Senators Forward Prospects Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:11 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

^Agreed.

Same can be said of Fisher. I was just reading a (somewhat old) discussion on HFBoards about Fisher. It's true, he's played with guys like Kelly and Neil in the past, which is not going to do much for your stats. He's a 2nd line center on a team renowned for systemic lack of secondary scoring.

Move Fisher to wing and Regin to center. If Heatley is still here then the rest of the top-six is a slam dunk. Otherwise it's Foligno.

Sure, that means Regin/Foligno are in the top six, but for a team not expected to compete for more than a 2nd round exit, that's OK.

15Senators Forward Prospects Empty Re: Senators Forward Prospects Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:25 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

When will we see Regin as a regular in the line-up? The season after next?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum