GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Downloads to watch

+2
jamvan
Phoenix30
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Downloads to watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Downloads to watch Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:35 pm

SensFan71 wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:
Phoenix30 wrote:Ok, So I download tv shows and movies from Torrentz.com but I can only play them on the computer or PS3. Is there anyway to get them converted to play on my old DVD player. Does anyone have any other good sites to go check out for movies and shows.

If you are talking torrents, then I use www.isohunt.com and www.mininova.org ... although the latter has faced a few legal battles recently, and has thus gone down hill.

For TV shows, the best i find is www.eztv.it ... Although they are currently rebuilding their servers, and should be back online soon. They are good for individual episodes, and usually have them up within hours of airing. Even has some Pre-Airs occasionally.

In order to convert the files to play on your dvd player, you'll need a program that converts avi to dvd. You can just google that. Or if you don't trust those sites, type in avi to dvd in www.mininova.org, and read the comments. Users are pretty helpful on that site.

In terms of just streaming tv shows, www.surfthechannel.com is the one I use. They provide links (often several per episode) to other websites that stream the show you are looking for. www.ninjavideo.net also works well, and streams the video right there for you.

And if you are a police officer who asked this question so you could try and close these sites down... well, your interrogation style is second to none!!! and I must 🇬🇬

www.piratebay.org is another great one, from music to movies to games, there hasn't been much that I haven't been able to find.

If you someone Wink demonoid is much better than any of the public torrent sites out there. And they don't enforce a ratio. In theory, you could never seed anything, although I don't recommend it.

17Downloads to watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Downloads to watch Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:39 am

Acrobat

Veteran
Veteran

How exactly do you d/l that much without hitting the caps?
AFAIK, all the major broadband providers limit you to 60-90GB per month

18Downloads to watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Downloads to watch Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:10 am

Acrobat wrote:How exactly do you d/l that much without hitting the caps?

Mine is 100 a month. The cap is not a hard cap in that they just shut off your internet. It's nearly impossible for a big company like that to enforce it anyway. Yes the bandwidth is tracked, but the most I have ever heard of my isp doing is sending a letter saying that usage is too high and to scale it back. I've never gotten such a letter, but if I do, it must have been someone else accessing my network through a wireless device Wink

My isp actually offers a faster package that allows 150 gigs a month, but it's double the price. I'll stick with my 15mbit.

19Downloads to watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Downloads to watch Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:22 am

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Zoolander wrote:

Mine is 100 a month. The cap is not a hard cap in that they just shut off your internet. It's nearly impossible for a big company like that to enforce it anyway. Yes the bandwidth is tracked, but the most I have ever heard of my isp doing is sending a letter saying that usage is too high and to scale it back. I've never gotten such a letter, but if I do, it must have been someone else accessing my network through a wireless device Wink

My isp actually offers a faster package that allows 150 gigs a month, but it's double the price. I'll stick with my 15mbit.

With who (15 Mbit, 100GB)? - PM me if you prefer...
And is it throttled? (for VOIP reasons, I would prefer it isn't... Wink )

Right now, I've been keeping mine below 50-55GB, even though I'm officially "unlimited" due to grandfathering; I don't want to raise any red flags and have them change it... (the month I plan to change, I'll probably just let loose until they actually do cut me off)

20Downloads to watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Downloads to watch Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:40 am

Acrobat wrote:
Zoolander wrote:

With who (15 Mbit, 100GB)? - PM me if you prefer...
And is it throttled? (for VOIP reasons, I would prefer it isn't... Wink )

Right now, I've been keeping mine below 50-55GB, even though I'm officially "unlimited" due to grandfathering; I don't want to raise any red flags and have them change it... (the month I plan to change, I'll probably just let loose until they actually do cut me off)

I'm with Shaw here in Calgary. So I believe it's not an option for you. My buddy actually told me about Roger's convincing him to take this "cheaper" package with higher dl speeds and of course he took it. He then found out pretty quickly that he's got a 60 gig a month limit. I've had times where I do that in 3 days.

21Downloads to watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Downloads to watch Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:38 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

I'm with Bell - throttled P2P until 11pm and after 7am (to 30kbps). Caps out at 5Mbps. (tested at speedtest.net multiple times). Sucks the big one.

Left Rogers because they accused me of excess usage. Cut me off as a warning. Sent me an email at the same time - told me it was my responsibility to read the email even though my internet was cut off. Idiots. Worst is that I was having trouble with my computers at the time, so there would have been little to no usage from my house; they wouldn't listen.

For a country that was once on the leading edge of telecom, how is it that we are behind many third world countries when it comes to internet access/speeds and cell phone access/cost?

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum