GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Does anyone use Internet to watch hockey?

+3
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
PTFlea
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Does anyone use Internet to stream center ice or whatever service is out there for nhl? I want to cut cable and stream games, but I hear it's a pain in the Donkey

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Was great before with unblock me service + gamecenter. Sadly all the streaming services are now battling that. Netflix led the way and gamecenter/mlb has followed suit. If I was still in Ottawa, I would be subscribing to cable.

I'm a cord cutter down here, but I use Apple TV which gives me access to all the sports television apps, and then I use my brother's cable login credentials and can watch all the channels basically using the internet. Also I got over the air antenna. You do sacrifice on PVR capability but at least I'm not paying for cable/satellite.

Or just search on reddit for a stream.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That sucks that it's not easier.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

You can always download Kodi and experiment with different add-ons. There are several add-ons that allow you to watch TV in HD for free. The trick is finding the right ones

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Does anyone use Internet to stream center ice or whatever service is out there for nhl?  I want to cut cable and stream games, but I hear it's a pain in the Donkey

I just got a newer box which is apparently more compatible with some of the better add ons out there. I'll update you when I give it a try.

I used a Reddit scraper add on that worked like a charm for World Cup games but so far no luck with Sens games. I resort to Firstrowsports via Sports Devil now. Same as the internet except there aren't any ads.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Does anyone use Internet to stream center ice or whatever service is out there for nhl?  I want to cut cable and stream games, but I hear it's a pain in the Donkey

I just got a newer box which is apparently more compatible with some of the better add ons out there. I'll update you when I give it a try.

I used a Reddit scraper add on that worked like a charm for World Cup games but so far no luck with Sens games. I resort to Firstrowsports via Sports Devil now. Same as the internet except there aren't any ads.

Roko?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I stick to Reddit streams. It's not great but the hell if I'm gonna pay 80+$ per month to get an inferior product here in momtreal.
I'll likely go back to cable like a little lamb next year as I miss that cable tv quality.

I dream of the day where I can just do center ice.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Sportsdevil is crap for me on Kodi. 90% of the links never work. Quality is meh.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I thought they introduced new laws in Canada to make cable TV options much cheaper? I.E. personalized so u can pick and choose channels as opposed to paying for packages

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoff-Machine wrote:I thought they introduced new laws in Canada to make cable TV options much cheaper?  I.E. personalized so u can pick and choose channels as opposed to paying for packages
Im sure The quebec gov in concert with quebecor didn't allow that to happen over here.

There's a certain level of mix matching you can do but it's still packages on top of the Dung base cable you have to get.
Nevermind, I'm wrong. You still have to fork over 80$ to get something decent that covers everything though.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Videotron has had a la carte even before the CRTC (not government) mandated it. I remember my parents (a few years back) wanted to watch some show and they had to get ABC, so my mom got ABC added and some other channel removed (she didn't want to change the total number of channels).

IMO, for non-premium channels that include advertising, you should be able to get all of them for one low price or zero. Is it fair, if folks in TO or other densely-populated (and close to the US border) areas can put up a $40 antenna and get all the channels except for TSN/SNet for free?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Videotron has had a la carte even before the CRTC (not government) mandated it.  I remember my parents (a few years back) wanted to watch some show and they had to get ABC, so my mom got ABC added and some other channel removed (she didn't want to change the total number of channels).

IMO, for non-premium channels that include advertising, you should be able to get all of them for one low price or zero.  Is it fair, if folks in TO or other densely-populated (and close to the US border) areas can put up a $40 antenna and get all the channels except for TSN/SNet for free?

I had a look at the bell fibe offering and it is so outdated in comparisson! They really milk you for your money!
With videotron you're still spending 55$ plus rental plus taxes not counting installation which frankly they should absorb as it doesn't cost anything to anyone using internet channels. So you're looking at 80$. Way too steep.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This is some medieval Dung. Sad

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoff-Machine wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Sportsdevil is crap for me on Kodi.  90% of the links never work.  Quality is meh.  

Agreed but it's the best I can find so far. Feel free to suggest some better add ons.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Videotron has had a la carte even before the CRTC (not government) mandated it.  I remember my parents (a few years back) wanted to watch some show and they had to get ABC, so my mom got ABC added and some other channel removed (she didn't want to change the total number of channels).

IMO, for non-premium channels that include advertising, you should be able to get all of them for one low price or zero.  Is it fair, if folks in TO or other densely-populated (and close to the US border) areas can put up a $40 antenna and get all the channels except for TSN/SNet for free?

I had a look at the bell fibe offering and it is so outdated in comparisson! They really milk you for your money!
With videotron you're still spending 55$ plus rental plus taxes not counting installation which frankly they should absorb as it doesn't cost anything to anyone using internet channels. So you're looking at 80$. Way too steep.

They're all in cahoots. You'll save on programming with one provider but it will even out with other charges (rentals, etc.)

VMedia has 17/mo. basic cable but you have to rent or buy their equipment.

I guess they had a Roku app too but:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/bell-vmedia-skinny-basic-tv-1.3788789

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum