GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Leafs Defense- WTF?

+5
jamvan
Cap'n Clutch
SensFan71
PTFlea
Jordo
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The Leafs Defense- WTF? Empty The Leafs Defense- WTF? Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:56 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

So Currently the Leftie Leafs squirrel have 9 defensemen on their roster creating a cap hit of just over 25 million. To be honest, if you take their top 6, it's not a bad looking defense:

Kaberle-Komisarek
Beauchemin- Schenn
Van Ryn- Exelby

With Van Ryn being the obvious swing guy, assuming Kaberle is not dealt- So then you have Finger, White, and Frogren left out in the cold. What are they going to do with this mess? Will Finger stay? Would anybody else want him at his current contract? What about White? What's his value?

I'm interested to see how Leftie Burke squirrel wiggles out of this mess. And who's going to score goals for the Leafs this year? Jason Blake? Hagman? Grabovski?

Man...

2The Leafs Defense- WTF? Empty Re: The Leafs Defense- WTF? Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:58 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Laughing3 Good luck moving the puck up to the non-existent forwards.

Of interest (or not), Burke said that he likes to rate D-men out of 6, with 6 being elite - and he likes his 6 D-men to have a total of 21. He says with that formula, you can have an elite D and build from there.

3The Leafs Defense- WTF? Empty Re: The Leafs Defense- WTF? Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:03 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Laughing3 Good luck moving the puck up to the non-existent forwards.

Of interest (or not), Burke said that he likes to rate D-men out of 6, with 6 being elite - and he likes his 6 D-men to have a total of 21. He says with that formula, you can have an elite D and build from there.

they will knock some teeth out being tougher, but teeth don't count for goals, good job Burke, refer to the Burketionary thread for terms describing this genius.

4The Leafs Defense- WTF? Empty Re: The Leafs Defense- WTF? Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:13 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

So he gets rid of Kubina, he wants to move out Kaberle and thinks he's going to have an elite 6 "rated" D man fall into his lap?

- Unknown Author

5The Leafs Defense- WTF? Empty Re: The Leafs Defense- WTF? Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:17 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

White may very well play forward this season. Schubert like he is.

6The Leafs Defense- WTF? Empty Re: The Leafs Defense- WTF? Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:25 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:So he gets rid of Kubina, he wants to move out Kaberle and thinks he's going to have an elite 6 "rated" D man fall into his lap?

You tell me? Shrug

7The Leafs Defense- WTF? Empty Re: The Leafs Defense- WTF? Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:38 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:So he gets rid of Kubina, he wants to move out Kaberle and thinks he's going to have an elite 6 "rated" D man fall into his lap?

You tell me? Shrug

He's Burke and he can make it happen, refer to the Burketionary :^^^^:

8The Leafs Defense- WTF? Empty Re: The Leafs Defense- WTF? Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:11 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:White may very well play forward this season. Schubert like he is.

:^^^^: You sound like Yoda there.

White's a great player - and you're right, he can play D or W. If they move him, there will be a market for sure.

9The Leafs Defense- WTF? Empty Re: The Leafs Defense- WTF? Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:22 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Burke isn't just looking for the magical elite D-man to appear, he's assuming that this illusory creature will make all of the other pylons turn into Prongers and Kronwalls (or Cowens and Karlssons, if you prefer)

Burkicissm (def) - noun; derived from narcissism
  1. inordinate fascination with Brian Burke; excessive love of Brian Burke. Often used in reference to Brian Burke himself, i.e. self-love.
  2. Psychoanalysis. erotic gratification derived from admiration of Burke's physical or mental
    attributes, being a normal condition at the infantile level of personality development.

10The Leafs Defense- WTF? Empty Re: The Leafs Defense- WTF? Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:13 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Acrobat wrote:Burke isn't just looking for the magical elite D-man to appear, he's assuming that this illusory creature will make all of the other pylons turn into Prongers and Kronwalls (or Cowens and Karlssons, if you prefer)

Burkicissm (def) - noun; derived from narcissism
  1. inordinate fascination with Brian Burke; excessive love of Brian Burke. Often used in reference to Brian Burke himself, i.e. self-love.
  2. Psychoanalysis. erotic gratification derived from admiration of Burke's physical or mental
    attributes, being a normal condition at the infantile level of personality development.

I think we covered this term in the Burketionary as "scrutumnosing." It's like brown-nosing," but more sexually suggestive.

11The Leafs Defense- WTF? Empty Re: The Leafs Defense- WTF? Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:00 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I believe the term was scrotumnosing.

All this talk about Burke's scrotum is making me really uncomfortable.

12The Leafs Defense- WTF? Empty Re: The Leafs Defense- WTF? Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:47 pm

Hayden

Hayden
Rookie
Rookie

White is the only leaf that i have respect for - i think he has pretty big potential - i'd be happy to see him on the point in a sens uniform.

13The Leafs Defense- WTF? Empty Re: The Leafs Defense- WTF? Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:05 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:I believe the term was scrotumnosing.

Dude, do you notice how the guy with the PhD in English never plays spellchecker / grammarian with anyone on this site? Probably best to just let things be. Just sayin'.

:pirat:

14The Leafs Defense- WTF? Empty Re: The Leafs Defense- WTF? Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:08 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Hayden wrote:White is the only leaf that i have respect for - i think he has pretty big potential - i'd be happy to see him on the point in a sens uniform.

They're totally burying Anton Stralman here, who's probably their best defenceman prospect (after Schenn, if you still count him a prospect). Don't get it.

15The Leafs Defense- WTF? Empty Re: The Leafs Defense- WTF? Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:28 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

rooneypoo wrote:
wprager wrote:I believe the term was scrotumnosing.

Dude, do you notice how the guy with the PhD in English never plays spellchecker / grammarian with anyone on this site? Probably best to just let things be. Just sayin'.

:pirat:

First, scrotumnosing isn't even English; it's Burkian, which is not even a real language. Second, you invented that word, so it's not even proper Burkian. So your PhD in English lit gives you zero Burkredits.

:^^^^:

My thesis supervisor's father was an English professor. You should have seen all the red ink all over my draft. And I thought I was *pretty good*.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum