GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

UPDATE: Hudler to KHL confirmed by Red Wings

+5
SeawaySensFan
PKC
SensFan71
rooneypoo
Cap'n Clutch
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This was posted on Sportsnet yesterday and I don't see it up here anywhere. Definitely noteworthy.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/07/09/hudler_russia/

- Unknown Author

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

I'm really shocked that this rumour turned out to be true. Don't know what Hudler is thinking... he just branded himself a permanent flight risk. No long-term NHL contract for you now, Hudler, ever.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:I'm really shocked that this rumour turned out to be true. Don't know what Hudler is thinking... he just branded himself a permanent flight risk. No long-term NHL contract for you now, Hudler, ever.

The way the article was worded it seemed liked there was still an outside chance he could still be in the NHL next season.

This is a major blow the the Wings.

- Unknown Author

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:I'm really shocked that this rumour turned out to be true. Don't know what Hudler is thinking... he just branded himself a permanent flight risk. No long-term NHL contract for you now, Hudler, ever.

The way the article was worded it seemed liked there was still an outside chance he could still be in the NHL next season.

I think it's a done deal now, tho'. He had an interview and everything.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

I think it's a done deal now, tho'. He had an interview and everything.

Is this like another Radulov situation, or where he was RFA, he is welcome to pick whatever team/league he wants.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

What a tough loss for them. He was already close to a 60-point player last year, with lots of room to still improve his play considering he's been a PPG player almost everywhere he's played.

Oh well...welcome to the cap world Detroit.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PKC wrote:

What a tough loss for them. He was already close to a 60-point player last year, with lots of room to still improve his play considering he's been a PPG player almost everywhere he's played.

It's funny because I've been hearing most mornings around 8 that the Wings are essentially cap-proof and can do no wrong.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
PKC wrote:

It's funny because I've been hearing most mornings around 8 that the Wings are essentially cap-proof and can do no wrong.

just like the Rangers right, oh no wait, they seemingly have an invisible limit on their cap as they are always spending money on guys that haven't proved much (redden, Kotalik, I could keep going)

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

apparently the NHL is not taking lightly to this
http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/darren_dreger/?id=284300

Jiri Hudler remains property of the Detroit Red Wings and therefore the recent contract he signed in the KHL is being contested.
The National Hockey League has approached both the IIHF and KHL, seeking their intervention.
According to the NHL, Hudler is contractually obligated to the Red Wings for next season.
Hudler, a restricted free agent filed for salary arbitration, which in the eyes of the league is acknowledgement of his intent to play in the NHL next year.
Szymon Szemberg, Communications Director for the International Ice Hockey Federation tells TSN the IIHF is fully involved in the dispute.
"The IIHF has been informed by the NHL about the Jiri Hudler case. Upon, this the IIHF has informed the Russian Ice Hockey Federation about the NHL's position and the case is under investigation. As this is a transfer to an IIHF member league the player will be needing an International Transfer Card (ITC), approved by the IIHF, to complete the transfer. Only upon the IIHF's signing the ITC, the transfer would be finalized and approved," Szemberg said.
Hudler signed a two-year contract with Dynamo Moscow on July 8.

//

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Good on the NHL. This sort of thing was supposed to have stopped after the KHL and NHL agreed to stop poaching players from one another.

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:This was posted on Sportsnet yesterday and I don't see it up here anywhere. Definitely noteworthy.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/07/09/hudler_russia/

I posted it in the Arbitration thread.

SensFan71 wrote:apparently the NHL is not taking lightly to this
http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/darren_dreger/?id=284300

Jiri Hudler remains property of the Detroit Red Wings and therefore the recent contract he signed in the KHL is being contested.
The National Hockey League has approached both the IIHF and KHL, seeking their intervention.
According to the NHL, Hudler is contractually obligated to the Red Wings for next season.
Hudler, a restricted free agent filed for salary arbitration, which in the eyes of the league is acknowledgement of his intent to play in the NHL next year.
Szymon Szemberg, Communications Director for the International Ice Hockey Federation tells TSN the IIHF is fully involved in the dispute.
"The IIHF has been informed by the NHL about the Jiri Hudler case. Upon, this the IIHF has informed the Russian Ice Hockey Federation about the NHL's position and the case is under investigation. As this is a transfer to an IIHF member league the player will be needing an International Transfer Card (ITC), approved by the IIHF, to complete the transfer. Only upon the IIHF's signing the ITC, the transfer would be finalized and approved," Szemberg said.
Hudler signed a two-year contract with Dynamo Moscow on July 8.

//

No offence intended but, can I ask you to please not copy/paste the body of a story right from tsn.ca? It adds the links to certain things, in this case, the name Hudler directs to his player bio page. Thanks.

Personally, I think just a link and a quick summary of the contents are fine.

You think so? Since you are the capologist in residence here, what happens if a player decides to leave mid-contract? I would think the NHL team retains the players rights and can block any such move could they not? In that case, giving out a long term contract might not be such a risk. My thinking is that if a player has talent there will always be a team looking to take the risk. Glen Sather is living proof.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

by all means that can be accommodated zoolander, whatever makes it easier for the members to read/access, thanks for pointing that out kind sir.

Zoolander wrote:

You think so? Since you are the capologist in residence here, what happens if a player decides to leave mid-contract? I would think the NHL team retains the players rights and can block any such move could they not? In that case, giving out a long term contract might not be such a risk. My thinking is that if a player has talent there will always be a team looking to take the risk. Glen Sather is living proof.
If a player leaves mid contract, he can go to the KHL, since there is no transfer agreement/arrangement. If he returns to the NHL his contract "restarts". For example, if you left after year 2 of a 4 year contract, you would start year 3 upon returning to your NHL team.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum