GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

UPDATE: Filatov to Russia--CONFIRMED per Columbus Dispatch

+8
shabbs
SensGirl11
SeawaySensFan
beedub
PTFlea
M_Christopher
davetherave
asq2
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

This blog posits it could happen.

http://blog.dispatch.com/cbj/2009/11/filatov_returning_to_russia.shtml

Rookie forward Nikita Filatov, who has struggled to remain in coach Ken Hitchcock’s lineup, might be headed back to Russia, perhaps as soon as this week, according to sources within and beyond the NHL.

Jackets general manager Scott Howson would not comment on a potential agreement allowing the 19-year-old Filatov to return to his former club team, CSKA Moscow. Nothing has been finalized, however, and Filatov and the Blue Jackets are expected to talk again today about the possibility of staying in Columbus.

It's a good read. He hasn't been a Calder-calibre player this season, but he hasn't been given much of a chance either. In many ways, it parallels Karlsson's experiences with the Sens. The BJs would, of course, retain his NHL rights.

Now, I'm generally opposed to dealing Volchenkov, but if we could work something out around those two (even with a first round pick on our side), I'd be on it like S*** on velcro.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

@ASQ> interesting...thanks for picking this up.

Tom Reed and Aaron Portzline are usually a very reliable source for all matters Blue Jackets, so this report definitely has credibility.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Interesting that they refer to Zherdev. But what I've seen thus far from Filatov is someone with a better head on his shoulders, and certainly a more complete game if we refer to the WJCs.

Obviously, the Jackets' brass would be more aware of the intimate details of the situation. BJ fans seem to think Hitch has some sort of grudge against Filatov - although I can't imagine why.

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

asq2 wrote:Interesting that they refer to Zherdev. But what I've seen thus far from Filatov is someone with a better head on his shoulders, and certainly a more complete game if we refer to the WJCs.

Obviously, the Jackets' brass would be more aware of the intimate details of the situation. BJ fans seem to think Hitch has some sort of grudge against Filatov - although I can't imagine why.

Hitch has a set type of player he likes, anyone outside of that profile usually remains in the doghouse...sort of.

He's a great coach but stuff like this remains his downfall.

Filatov should be given top-six minutes in columbus or atleast a chance to earn them but the opportunity isn't there because of Hitch's hard-on for certain players.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

You deal pretty much anyone outside of Cowen, Karlsson, and Lehner if you can get that kid if they would want a prospect back. I dont see The Jackets giving up on him, but man, if he was actually available, you get that done ASAP.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:You deal pretty much anyone outside of Cowen, Karlsson, and Lehner if you can get that kid if they would want a prospect back. I dont see The Jackets giving up on him, but man, if he was actually available, you get that done ASAP.

...but...who else do we have that's worth anything? Maybe Wiercioch, but for Filatov?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ah, I see...Volchenkov would be the bait.

SpezDispenser wrote:
N4L wrote:You deal pretty much anyone outside of Cowen, Karlsson, and Lehner if you can get that kid if they would want a prospect back. I dont see The Jackets giving up on him, but man, if he was actually available, you get that done ASAP.

...but...who else do we have that's worth anything? Maybe Wiercioch, but for Filatov?

Who knows, but I would assume A Train would be pretty good bait. I dont think it would ever happen, but Filatov is going to be a goal scoring machien.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:
Who knows, but I would assume A Train would be pretty good bait. I dont think it would ever happen, but Filatov is going to be a goal scoring machien.

Oh yeah. Man, I'd love to stick that sucker right into our lineup for tonight's game. Here you go, top line with Spezza and Michalek for you, enjoy. Alfie - back with Fisher and Kovalev. Thank you, done and done.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

M_Christopher wrote:
asq2 wrote:Interesting that they refer to Zherdev. But what I've seen thus far from Filatov is someone with a better head on his shoulders, and certainly a more complete game if we refer to the WJCs.

Hitch has a set type of player he likes, anyone outside of that profile usually remains in the doghouse...sort of.

Filatov should be given top-six minutes in columbus or atleast a chance to earn them but the opportunity isn't there because of Hitch's hard-on for certain players.

That's a little too graphic for some people.
UPDATE: Filatov to Russia--CONFIRMED per Columbus Dispatch 62136

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Just in...

kuklaskorner
RT @Aportzline: Columbus Dispatch: Nikita FIlatov headed to KHL's CSKA Moscow on one-year loan agreement.

Wow, that's one kid I actually thought would stick in NA... that is not good.

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

davetherave wrote:Just in...

kuklaskorner
RT @Aportzline: Columbus Dispatch: Nikita FIlatov headed to KHL's CSKA Moscow on one-year loan agreement.

Hope he doesn't stay there for good. One year can lead to infinitum in Russia

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

M_Christopher wrote:

Hitch is like Jacques Martin. Only much fatter and with smaller ears.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Talk about setting yourself back at least a year. Dumb move. Wow!

I would be very disappointed if Karlsson pulled this too. Just stick with it, you know? Everyone else did it. What makes you any different?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum