GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Samuelsson to the Nucks

+6
davetherave
PTFlea
asq2
dennycrane
Riprock
rooneypoo
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Samuelsson to the Nucks - Page 2 Empty Re: Samuelsson to the Nucks Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:19 pm

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:
asq2 wrote:A Canadian team, eh? Maybe he's Vancouver-bound?

Well done sir.

www.spectorshockey.net

TSN reports the Vancouver Canucks have signed former Detroit Red Wings forward Mikael Samuelsson to a three-year contract. Financial terms weren't disclosed.

SPECTOR'S NOTE: A good signing by the Canucks. Samuelsson's had three seasons of 40 or more points and his versatility and playoff experience makes him a solid addition.

17Samuelsson to the Nucks - Page 2 Empty Re: Samuelsson to the Nucks Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:48 pm

jamvan

Veteran
Veteran

Neely4Life wrote:Don't know what player everyone else is watching but he is 100% a product of Detroit's system and fit it well there on the 3rd and 4th lines. If you're looking for an absolute, total, and utter bust in Ottawa, then this is your guy right here.
I have to agree with you there Neely. Vancouver is by far a better fit for him anyway.

Word is Tanguay may actually be waiting to see what Dany Smutley decides to do, as Murray has held several talks with his agent. I'm not sure how I feel about Tanguay, but if he can return to form he just might compliment Fisher pretty well.

18Samuelsson to the Nucks - Page 2 Empty Re: Samuelsson to the Nucks Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:39 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

jamvan wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Don't know what player everyone else is watching but he is 100% a product of Detroit's system and fit it well there on the 3rd and 4th lines. If you're looking for an absolute, total, and utter bust in Ottawa, then this is your guy right here.
I have to agree with you there Neely. Vancouver is by far a better fit for him anyway.

Word is Tanguay may actually be waiting to see what Dany Smutley decides to do, as Murray has held several talks with his agent. I'm not sure how I feel about Tanguay, but if he can return to form he just might compliment Fisher pretty well.

I'm somewhat of the opinion that we should be pursuing a scoring forward to replace Heatley (if he leaves), but perhaps Tanguay's play-making prowess could unlock Fisher's goalscoring potential.

19Samuelsson to the Nucks - Page 2 Empty Re: Samuelsson to the Nucks Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:10 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I like Tanguay, always have, he'd be a nice fit here.

20Samuelsson to the Nucks - Page 2 Empty Re: Samuelsson to the Nucks Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:24 pm

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

SpezDispenser wrote:I like Tanguay, always have, he'd be a nice fit here.

I think Tanguay would be great in Ottawa. I know people didn't like that Edmonton deal but if it had gone through and we went on to sign Tanguay then our top 6 would be way better then it was last year.

21Samuelsson to the Nucks - Page 2 Empty Re: Samuelsson to the Nucks Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:25 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Urkie wrote:

I think Tanguay would be great in Ottawa. I know people didn't like that Edmonton deal but if it had gone through and we went on to sign Tanguay then our top 6 would be way better then it was last year.

Not sure there'd be room for 2 extra forwards with that deal, but yes, if we got Tanguay on top of all that, we'd be in excellent shape. Depth, character, size, speed. I would have liked that. Crying

22Samuelsson to the Nucks - Page 2 Empty Re: Samuelsson to the Nucks Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:28 pm

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

SpezDispenser wrote:
Urkie wrote:

Not sure there'd be room for 2 extra forwards with that deal, but yes, if we got Tanguay on top of all that, we'd be in excellent shape. Depth, character, size, speed. I would have liked that. Crying

I hope the Oilers still want Heatley and maybe now that we have paid the 4 million to Heatley, maybe Murray could get them to take on Smith. If that happened and the deal stayed the same then we would be in very good shape. Especially if we also signed Tanguay.

Penner - Spezza - Alfredsson
Tanguay - Fisher - Cogliano
Foligno - Kelly - Shannon
Ruutu - Winchester - Neil

23Samuelsson to the Nucks - Page 2 Empty Re: Samuelsson to the Nucks Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:36 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

Urkie wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Urkie wrote:

Not sure there'd be room for 2 extra forwards with that deal, but yes, if we got Tanguay on top of all that, we'd be in excellent shape. Depth, character, size, speed. I would have liked that. :cry:

I hope the Oilers still want Heatley and maybe now that we have paid the 4 million to Heatley, maybe Murray could get them to take on Smith. If that happened and the deal stayed the same then we would be in very good shape. Especially if we also signed Tanguay.

Here's crossing my fingers that Heatley comes too so he can be moved and Murray can get Tanguay. That would be a very solid line-up. Murray did say that Edmonton would have to rework the deal if Heatley now chose to waive.

I wonder aside from salary going back if Murray had any other ideas on getting further return or is Murray just saying Edmonton has to take on salary.

24Samuelsson to the Nucks - Page 2 Empty Re: Samuelsson to the Nucks Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:43 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Urkie wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Urkie wrote:

Ugh. There's so little finish on that second line. I've also already made my position clear on Penner.

Frankly, though, Regin needs to be on this roster. Deal Kelly. Move him in the deal with Edmonton: they need a defensive centreman anyway.

Regin has nothing left to learn in Binghamton IMO. He's so polished, and with Foligno and Shannon I think there's the potential for some offensive contribution.

Also, with that %$%# Neil re-signing, we've only got $2.9 million in cap-space right now.

The Edmonton deal does not shave enough off the cap to sign Tanguay, probably even if you do move Kelly.

25Samuelsson to the Nucks - Page 2 Empty Re: Samuelsson to the Nucks Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:44 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I see now that you want them to take Smith. I suppose that helps out cap-wise.

If we do make a deal with Edmonton, I want MPS.

26Samuelsson to the Nucks - Page 2 Empty Re: Samuelsson to the Nucks Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:44 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Why aren't we more into Michalek or Clowe and Ehrhoff, then sign Tanguay. There's 40+ goals back - and spread out to book. Better than Fat Penner and Cogliano (who I like a lot actually).

27Samuelsson to the Nucks - Page 2 Empty Re: Samuelsson to the Nucks Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:45 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:I see now that you want them to take Smith. I suppose that helps out cap-wise.

Did you see how Edmonton fans say 'that will never happen!'. We just drafted him, it doesn't work that way. Blah blah blah.

Really? If Heatley waives, do you still want him? Yes? Good, MPS please.

28Samuelsson to the Nucks - Page 2 Empty Re: Samuelsson to the Nucks Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:49 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Why aren't we more into Michalek or Clowe and Ehrhoff, then sign Tanguay. There's 40+ goals back - and spread out to book. Better than Fat Penner and Cogliano (who I like a lot actually).

The thing about Cogliano is that his skating is spectacular but his hands haven't caught up.

Whether he ultimately can become a consistent offensive producer is somewhat in doubt as a result.

To be honest, I'm really disappointed that we're sitting around discussing him as the centre-piece to a Heatley trade: a testament to how much Dany screwed us by making this public.

Not only that, but we have to take a terrible contract as well.

29Samuelsson to the Nucks - Page 2 Empty Re: Samuelsson to the Nucks Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:02 pm

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

asq2 wrote:Ugh. There's so little finish on that second line. I've also already made my position clear on Penner.

Frankly, though, Regin needs to be on this roster. Deal Kelly. Move him in the deal with Edmonton: they need a defensive centreman anyway.

Regin has nothing left to learn in Binghamton IMO. He's so polished, and with Foligno and Shannon I think there's the potential for some offensive contribution.

Also, with that %$%# Neil re-signing, we've only got $2.9 million in cap-space right now.

The Edmonton deal does not shave enough off the cap to sign Tanguay, probably even if you do move Kelly.

I'm trying to be realistic. We can live in our fantasy worlds and what not but at this point that is about as good as we could probably expect.

30Samuelsson to the Nucks - Page 2 Empty Re: Samuelsson to the Nucks Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:35 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:I see now that you want them to take Smith. I suppose that helps out cap-wise.

that would be a dream, and well, I just don't see Tambellini making that move unless he thinks Edmonton is ready to make an impact this year, and with Bulin in nets, anything is possible for them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum