GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Samuelsson to the Nucks

+6
davetherave
PTFlea
asq2
dennycrane
Riprock
rooneypoo
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Samuelsson to the Nucks Empty Samuelsson to the Nucks Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:32 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Sportsnet says it's looking that way, and to one of the Canadian teams, no less:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/07/03/wings_samuelsson/

Spector was quoting Holland this morning, too, saying he was pretty much expecting to lose him (and that Hudler was going to arbitration).

2Samuelsson to the Nucks Empty Re: Samuelsson to the Nucks Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:48 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Could Ottawa be a destination, or is he going to price himself out of our reach? It's no secret Murray wants to add another forward, and it all comes back to that elusive top 6 position.

3Samuelsson to the Nucks Empty Re: Samuelsson to the Nucks Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:49 am

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

He would be a good addition, and one the Sens can make no matter what happens to Heatley.

4Samuelsson to the Nucks Empty Re: Samuelsson to the Nucks Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:50 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

A Canadian team, eh? Maybe he's Vancouver-bound?

5Samuelsson to the Nucks Empty Re: Samuelsson to the Nucks Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:50 am

Samuelsson suuuuucks. Really hope he doesnt end up in Ottawa.

6Samuelsson to the Nucks Empty Re: Samuelsson to the Nucks Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:15 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

dennycrane wrote:He would be a good addition, and one the Sens can make no matter what happens to Heatley.

I would like him. He's a really solid player.

7Samuelsson to the Nucks Empty Re: Samuelsson to the Nucks Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:16 pm

Don't know what player everyone else is watching but he is 100% a product of Detroit's system and fit it well there on the 3rd and 4th lines. If you're looking for an absolute, total, and utter bust in Ottawa, then this is your guy right here.

8Samuelsson to the Nucks Empty Re: Samuelsson to the Nucks Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:18 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think he's great, he has mad skills, great shot. What a great complimentary player for line 2 here in Ottawa. Cup winner, the whole 9.

9Samuelsson to the Nucks Empty Re: Samuelsson to the Nucks Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:19 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It doesn`t matter anyway, we`ll just continue our motto of not signing any UFAs, so you don`t have to worry Neely.

10Samuelsson to the Nucks Empty Re: Samuelsson to the Nucks Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:20 pm

Totally convinced that move would blow up in Ottawa's face. If there is 1 thing Murray is lacking, its finding the UFA tallent.

11Samuelsson to the Nucks Empty Re: Samuelsson to the Nucks Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:21 pm

Annnnd he went to Vancouver, thank God.

12Samuelsson to the Nucks Empty Re: Samuelsson to the Nucks Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:22 pm

asq2 wrote:A Canadian team, eh? Maybe he's Vancouver-bound?

Well done sir.

13Samuelsson to the Nucks Empty Re: Samuelsson to the Nucks Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:19 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:
asq2 wrote:A Canadian team, eh? Maybe he's Vancouver-bound?

Well done sir.

www.spectorshockey.net

TSN reports the Vancouver Canucks have signed former Detroit Red Wings forward Mikael Samuelsson to a three-year contract. Financial terms weren't disclosed.

SPECTOR'S NOTE: A good signing by the Canucks. Samuelsson's had three seasons of 40 or more points and his versatility and playoff experience makes him a solid addition.

14Samuelsson to the Nucks Empty Re: Samuelsson to the Nucks Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:48 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Neely4Life wrote:Don't know what player everyone else is watching but he is 100% a product of Detroit's system and fit it well there on the 3rd and 4th lines. If you're looking for an absolute, total, and utter bust in Ottawa, then this is your guy right here.
I have to agree with you there Neely. Vancouver is by far a better fit for him anyway.

Word is Tanguay may actually be waiting to see what Dany Smutley decides to do, as Murray has held several talks with his agent. I'm not sure how I feel about Tanguay, but if he can return to form he just might compliment Fisher pretty well.

15Samuelsson to the Nucks Empty Re: Samuelsson to the Nucks Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:39 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

jamvan wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Don't know what player everyone else is watching but he is 100% a product of Detroit's system and fit it well there on the 3rd and 4th lines. If you're looking for an absolute, total, and utter bust in Ottawa, then this is your guy right here.
I have to agree with you there Neely. Vancouver is by far a better fit for him anyway.

Word is Tanguay may actually be waiting to see what Dany Smutley decides to do, as Murray has held several talks with his agent. I'm not sure how I feel about Tanguay, but if he can return to form he just might compliment Fisher pretty well.

I'm somewhat of the opinion that we should be pursuing a scoring forward to replace Heatley (if he leaves), but perhaps Tanguay's play-making prowess could unlock Fisher's goalscoring potential.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum