GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Clouston finally talks

+7
wprager
Mojo
SensFan71
LeCaptain
asq2
Tuk Tuk
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Clouston finally talks Empty Clouston finally talks Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:22 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Not much for now, keeps it short, to the point.

http://www.tsn.ca/window/oneclip_nhl_playoffs.html#clip187308

Basically says that he was 'surprised and disappointed', but wants what's best for the organization.

2Clouston finally talks Empty Re: Clouston finally talks Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:29 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

Stays classy. He has to be hurt though, but he should know that this will only make the team closer and more respectful of him and Murray.

3Clouston finally talks Empty Re: Clouston finally talks Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:35 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You want to hear him air it out a bit, but I guess he can't do that right now. He's more important than Heatley by a mile right now, so as long as he's good, we're good.

I would like that trade to go down though. The LA one preferably. Or Burns.

4Clouston finally talks Empty Re: Clouston finally talks Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:39 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:You want to hear him air it out a bit, but I guess he can't do that right now. He's more important than Heatley by a mile right now, so as long as he's good, we're good.

I would like that trade to go down though. The LA one preferably. Or Burns.

Yeah, the latest rumour headline on hockeybuzz read : LA's 2010 1rst + frolov

5Clouston finally talks Empty Re: Clouston finally talks Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:49 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

HowieMorenz wrote:
Yeah, the latest rumour headline on hockeybuzz read : LA's 2010 1rst + frolov

So...does that mean that it's definitely not happening? :^^^^:

I would hope that one of Teubert or Moller is in there as well. Maybe I'm just dreaming, but I feel Heatley is worth that. Shrug

6Clouston finally talks Empty Re: Clouston finally talks Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:21 pm

If all we are getting is that package Heatley will be here in September

7Clouston finally talks Empty Re: Clouston finally talks Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:27 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

2010 first? Blegh. I don't have the patience for that! Especially since Heatley = an improved Kings team.

8Clouston finally talks Empty Re: Clouston finally talks Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:17 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

OK let`s not turn this topic to ANOTHER Heatley to LA for bla bla bla Facepalm

9Clouston finally talks Empty Re: Clouston finally talks Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:50 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Not much for now, keeps it short, to the point.

http://www.tsn.ca/window/oneclip_nhl_playoffs.html#clip187308

Basically says that he was 'surprised and disappointed', but wants what's best for the organization.

good on Clouston for taking the high road on this one, makes Heatley look that much worse, hope that doesn't hurt us again when it comes to moving him, but this is definitely something he can unite the room around.

10Clouston finally talks Empty Re: Clouston finally talks Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:56 am

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

I got to be honest, I don't like the timing of this. Although he is not saying anything necessarily negative about Heatley, neither is he casting him in a positive light (not that he should). Why is Clouston not making these comments tomorrow when hopefully Heatley has been traded? He has kept quiet this whole time, why not just wait another day?

11Clouston finally talks Empty Re: Clouston finally talks Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:38 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

MurderOnIce wrote:If all we are getting is that package Heatley will be here in September

In which case it is more than just prudent for Clouston to "stay classy". Say what you will about Heatley being a prima donna -- all of that is true; however here is a rookie coach who takes over a team and makes it play better, but in the process alienates their 50-goal scorer. It is not entirely out of the realm of possibilities that a more experienced caoch could have brought Heatley around to his way of thinking. I am in no-way excusing Heatley, but most of these types of situations have more than two possible outcomes.

Anyhow, until Heatley is traded no bridges will be burned. Or I should say no additional bridges will be burned. Neil's burned his already.

12Clouston finally talks Empty Re: Clouston finally talks Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:40 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
MurderOnIce wrote:If all we are getting is that package Heatley will be here in September

In which case it is more than just prudent for Clouston to "stay classy". Say what you will about Heatley being a prima donna -- all of that is true; however here is a rookie coach who takes over a team and makes it play better, but in the process alienates their 50-goal scorer. It is not entirely out of the realm of possibilities that a more experienced caoch could have brought Heatley around to his way of thinking. I am in no-way excusing Heatley, but most of these types of situations have more than two possible outcomes.

Anyhow, until Heatley is traded no bridges will be burned. Or I should say no additional bridges will be burned. Neil's burned his already.

which is why Neil won't be playing for us next year I am certain, he turned down a 4 year 1.7 mil a year deal from the last rumblings I heard, we need to find a replacement for that guy and quick, anyone thinking Cody Bass will do it if he stays healthy? Ahhhhh!

13Clouston finally talks Empty Re: Clouston finally talks Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:08 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

As has already been pointed out more than once, Neil was not a heavyweight fighter to begin with, although he was a willing competitor on most occasions. The role of the enforcer is all but gone now, so we don't need a designated fighter on this team. Neil was a fairly prolific hitter, but it seems that that role can be more cheaply replaced by the likes of Winchester, Bass even Schubert. There was a time when Neil contributed offensively, but not lately. I'd be willing to give him $1.5M for the intangibles and because he was a fan favorite, but I questioned $1.7 *and* the 4 year term. If that was truly the offer and he really turned it down, then I don't feel at all bad about losing him. Maybe he was not as dedicated to the team as we all thought. Imagine, a 3-goal man who thinks he's worth more than $1.7M. Whoever gets him for $2-2.5, good luck. Hope you don't play as too many times, but as I said before, he's not exactly a heavyweight.

14Clouston finally talks Empty Re: Clouston finally talks Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:11 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:As has already been pointed out more than once, Neil was not a heavyweight fighter to begin with, although he was a willing competitor on most occasions. The role of the enforcer is all but gone now, so we don't need a designated fighter on this team. Neil was a fairly prolific hitter, but it seems that that role can be more cheaply replaced by the likes of Winchester, Bass even Schubert. There was a time when Neil contributed offensively, but not lately. I'd be willing to give him $1.5M for the intangibles and because he was a fan favorite, but I questioned $1.7 *and* the 4 year term. If that was truly the offer and he really turned it down, then I don't feel at all bad about losing him. Maybe he was not as dedicated to the team as we all thought. Imagine, a 3-goal man who thinks he's worth more than $1.7M. Whoever gets him for $2-2.5, good luck. Hope you don't play as too many times, but as I said before, he's not exactly a heavyweight.

I would laugh if its the Leafs, Neil is a Burkian type player or so I have heard, and they have money to burn, so let it happen, Winchester will lay him out in the first Battle of Ontario game.

15Clouston finally talks Empty Re: Clouston finally talks Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:29 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Mojo wrote:I got to be honest, I don't like the timing of this. Although he is not saying anything necessarily negative about Heatley, neither is he casting him in a positive light (not that he should). Why is Clouston not making these comments tomorrow when hopefully Heatley has been traded? He has kept quiet this whole time, why not just wait another day?
Meh... I don't have an issue with the timing. The press has probably been hounding him since this happened for a sound bite and he obliged with a generic and classy response. I don't think we'll ever hear him vent on it to be honest, at least not in the press. Let the GMs do that. The coach is there to coach.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum